Leaderboard results

xchangmanx

I'll post up a vid tomorrow on the exercise I do on LB. Hopefully I can get a good front view of my swing for you guys, all my attempts on course video recording have failed as it has been way too busy for me to stop and tack pics... and I don't like to be the guy to slow up play.

I figure I'll just take the vid here at home, hopefully the lighting is good.

Ok here are my two LB exercises. Mainly I only do the second exercise the most, as the first exercise only allows distance control.

hope this helps

Tim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC31RyJit5o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipbZz03m-NA

Forgive the barefeet, we observe the japanese custom and don't wear footwear in our home.

Edited by xchangmanx

thanks Tim for the video.

it's a little different than what the video has but what's good about this device is that you can use it to work on very specific exercises.

So far I really like practicing the load.

I don't wear shoes inside the house either, I don't really know anyone that does.

- put a box 1 inch from the ball so that if you push, you will hit it. you'll eventually learn not to hit it. you can come over the top or inside out, this will cause a straight ball flight and better contact. give it a try and stick to it. i like to use a long cardboard box. sometimes i would tee up near the marker on the tee box. working on your path and plane will translate to the driver.

let me know how it goes. one of the reasons i was hitting it inside out was because i was taking it inside, i need to keep the shaft in front.

from that picture of yours, your ball position is too far back in your stance which will also cause an inside to out swing. an in to out swing needs a more open club face at impact.

Ok I think that it works. Thanks Jack!! I've modified your drill at the driving range by placing the tee 1 inch from my impact location up and 2 inches to in front the ball. So if the clubhead goes from my normal draw shot in to out, I'll definitely whack the tee. I also started to open the face about 3-5 degrees more at address so when I come into the ball its more of a wiping motion.

Swing changes-I tend to take the club back a tad more inside> I haven't changed this. But what I did change is the part where I impact the ball. I usually hit the ball on the inside quarter of the back. If I focus on not hitting that tee, if forces me to hit directly behind the ball. This in turn pulls my follow-through from out to in>inducing more "wiping" for that extra side spin. Successful fade!!

I'm still working on this but I'll get a vid up on this swing compared to the normal draw.

Edited by xchangmanx

• 1 month later...

OK so there is a clear visible difference is my swing from before and after leaderboard.

Here you can see in these two vids the difference. Both are of my full swing. The first video is my 5 wood about 10 months ago SS w/driver was around 105 this was before I started using leaderboard.

Second video is of my 5 wood now same ss but much quicker tempo and and much more solid ball striking from lower body "awareness" thanks to leaderboard. I now it a low penetrating 10-20 yard draw that rolls aton. The big difference again is the tempo and angle of attack which as created that draw w/roll. (I could never feel the correct "in-to-out" path through the ball to start it right and bring it back in left. I could only hook the ball or pull it.) LB has changed that swing path for me automatically and I gained 30 yards w/that shaft change and angle of imact from directly behind the ball to the left corner of the ball.

The Club I'm using is a Tourstage Viq 08 19* model. First vid is of the stock shaft stiff flex, I snapped the shaft after 2 months, and replaced it w/a NGS FW75 which allowed me to take the tempo up alittle.

I also added 3 more vids 5 iron swing, full lob wedge swing, and the FADE shot I've been always trying to hit.

vid1: old swing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buKGQ_qc8cw...feature=related

vid2: leader board swing 10 months same ss but quicker tempo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-6i3ssuGuU

other videos added:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B2MVNljXf4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXmJ3WzTpnw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBMdKSgo2rE

sorry changed the last vid

Edited by xchangmanx

how did the leaderboard help with the correct in-out path?

i haven't really been using my leaderboard but when i do, it's mostly a tool for me to stretch and strengthen my core muscles.

Edited by jacksonlui

how did the leaderboard help with the correct in-out path?

i haven't really been using my leaderboard but when i do, it's mostly a tool for me to stretch and strengthen my core muscles.

Hey J- I can't directly say how it corrected my swing path as there were several things that made me feel like I'm swinging a better swing. LB gave me the feeling of swinging "on plane" I guess you would say.... to begin w/...

About 5-6 moths into LB... I could clearly feel my entire golf swing never go above my neck... at least thats what it feels like. (a feeling I've never really felt in all my years of golf, as this time I think my entire swing changed) Prior to this I never really payed attention to bringing the clubhead from behind me, to directly inside the ball on the downswing... I used to think and constantly try to "swing on plane" which for me is wrong.

If I kept on swingin what felt like "on plane" I'd still be hitting directly behind the ball for a straight shot or pull/hook also that messed up slice that starts out like a pull but ends up fading and lands about 100 yrds short of your avg drive. I used to miss it more frequently with these shots than I do now.

I've been doing my 2 LB exercises every other night like I said, so its a work in progress.(there have been times when I take a week off but its really so easy, its a good workout also)

LB swing>Now it feels like the whole clubhead and shaft are only powered by my body and right leg... and its more of a wiping motion pulling my hands directly down instead of trying to be on plane.... I pull my hands directly down to my pockets, and that brings me on the correct plane which feels like I'm pulling it through from behind my back instead of directly down to the ball. (which is flatter than my previous swing, although I was much flatter on my takeaway than my downswing before I started using LB.) I guess LB makes you do a full turn to get a "nice feeling" or leverage if you will, all the way from your right hand down your entire right side once you set at the top of your swing

Also LB's "right leg strengthening" made it much more comfortable for me, to correctly feel (if you will) taking my hands directly back keeping the clubhead outside of hands more, instead of pulling the head way inside, which I used to do severely on my takeaways. I noticed that in my videos that prior to leaderboard, my right leg looked like crap, my right knee would move and sometimes remain fully bent on awkward shots. My right leg is key to hitting it further and pushing the ball low.

I believe all of these things attributed to a completely different Leverage on hitting the ball. I think if I continue to work on it, my basic fundamentals will become more consistant.. lol hopefully. Just gotta keep at it,...

T

Edited by xchangmanx

• 5 months later...

Been off the leaderboard for a good 2 months now, my friend co-worker is using it.

Seems as though on my wood shots I'm standing more upright, and I'm loosing distance. 3 wood goes far but I was hitting a draw which rolled alot more w/the LB training.

Added video:

• 4 months later...

Hey gang, finally got my cpu repaired.. or rather rebuilt... i7 975 x58 asus, nvida 285gtx evga, 9 gigs corsair, rumax 850, the gamer sound card, enough fans to keep me mute inside 10 feet. Wanted to run ATI's new 58 or 59 series for the eyeinfinity... but ah.. sold out everywhere here in hawaii... so bummbers!! Runs solid though, I can't complain...

Been over 6 months since I've been on the boards.... haven't been golfing as much and my leaderboard is out w/a friend.... I've developed a massive draw, though I don't mind... but my straight shot is nowhere to be found when I need it..

Two vids...

w/the draw came extra yards

Pw-150

8 iron 170 now

5 iron is still about 200-205 + w/roll

driver roll a ton.... 275+

8 iron to a 168 flag pin high...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfypU01BIrY

Driver going way right and then back in....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBYjxKE6cZg

Still using Epon AF701s and the R9460 w/the GD 9003

Epon KGX wedges

2 years now and the wedges are still my favs next to the yamaha's...

great swing. that's a lot of yards. can you stop that 8iron on the green with no roll from 170?

if you look at the driver video at the top of your swing, your clubface is closed, there's your draw.

subconsciously you probably delivered it inside out because you knew that is what you needed to prevent a hook.

it also looks like you lose your spine angle at impact. some call it losing the tush line but it's hard to see from that point of view.

i had the same issue and hit my irons pretty long. i'm on my 3rd pro and still trying to maintain that spine angle. now my pw only goes 120 and i can't hit anything worth a lick.

i'm going to stick with it, i think in the long run it'll help my ball striking. i think it comes from trying to use my body to generate power.

good luck with that swing, i'm still waiting for my wrist to heal so i can get back into the swing of things

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah thanks jackson, i get about 1-3 yards rollout w/the 8 iron after it lands. been working on taking it back more online also... and not shutin the face... ball kinda going straighter

• 5 months later...

My Leaderboard officially broke. One of the hinges plastic=broke on the rails. I'm gonna fix it w/a door hinge.

T

• 1 year later...

Haven't golf in a year. Finally going back!

No leaderboard =( gotta get another...

I have one, never ever used it!!

D- Alot have mixed results w/LB. I like it, helped me hit the ball farther.

FAT- Thx for the compliment. Note- i noticed you have clubes prepped by G! Nice!

I might get it out!!

Might have to give this ago!!

All the best

D