Can somebody compare Tourstage 701 to 701G?

pingwrx

I'm looking to pull the trigger on one of these sets. I'm just curious on how they set up at address. I have played the TS202 and TS X-blade CB 08 in the past. And it looks like based on what I have read, the 701's set up like Xblade CB O8 and the 701G's set up like the TS202s. Can anybody confirm this?

Thanks in advance.

They both (701 and 701G) set up quite similar. Compact and thin top line with a touch more offset for tne 701G from the top. I would say the 701G is slightly smaller than the 202 (though it has been a long time since I saw a 202) but with new technology and design probably gives as much forgiveness.

I took pics at address at the show. Don't use these pics to compare size as the camera was at different distances from each iron but you get an idea of how they look at setup.

701:

DSC03801---Copy.jpg

701G:

DSC03804---Copy.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Although the 701 has a bit less offset than the 701G, BOTH are very similar in size to the X-Blade CB which is MUCH smaller than the TS-202. The closest you'll get to the TS-202 from address is the NEW X-Blade GR C-1. The GR P-1 actually has a little bit less offset and the ViQ Forged is a tad bigger.

If you're like me and hates the Red "GR" Graphic in the cavity of the new GRs you may also want to consider the older 2008 X-Blade GR Black. It's smaller than the TS-202 but more forgiving than the X-Blade CBs. If you can find it, the First X-Blade GR has even less offset but are also a bit less forgiving.

FWIW, my previous irons before these Epons were the X-Blade CB1 and the TS-202.

Bat