Adams Speedline Test

xchangmanx

I took my TS 901 shafted w/Rombax 7x07s and my TM TP tour burner w/matrix xcon5 to compare club head speed on the speedline challange at the local roger dunn. The Adams guy was very confident that their speedline driver would produce more speed for me, and he was right.

I did try to swing the same on every shot.

My 901 w/rombax 7x07 avg for 5 shots are as follows

ClubHead speed: 106mph

Spin: 2300rpm

Ballspeed: 155.87

launch:13.7*

Total yrdage: 272 avg

(avg 1 yard offline draw)

TP Tour burner w/stock matrix xcon5 stiff (I hit this guy second so the CH speed is after the warmup w/the 901. Plus its about 18 grams lighter than my rombax so its easier to swing faster.) Problem is even w/the *2 open face I think the shaft is kinda light and about 1 out of 5 drives I snap it hard and it really hooks.

Clubhead speed: 109mph

Spin 2400rpm

Ballspeed 159.1

launch:13.9*

Total yrdage: 289 avg

(avg 15 yrd offline draw)

Adams does work I guess: right after I swung my two clubs I grabbed the 9.5* stiff and achived 114 on the first swing. (I dunno maybe it was the shaft, it felt kinda blue prolaunchish w/a little give kinda like an aldila NV regular flex)

But wow the clubhead speed:avg 6 shots stiff flex

Clubhead speed: 113mph

Spin 2750rpm

Ballspeed 166.23

launch:11.3*

Total yrdage: 285 avg

(avg 25 yrd offline draw)

Still I couldn't hit it straight, plenty kick. Xstiff kinda worked but CHspeed wasn't as good as stiff or Regular thats right regular. I tried the R flex and got around same just about 2mph faster, and it felt a little better to be honest. I actually hit the R flex the furthest out of all my drives. I got 314 off of a 116 swing w/perfect launch of 13.6* and 1970rpm w/reg flex. Adams guy was dumbfounded lol.

FYI- I was fitted for a Xstiff flex, but I hit the Regular flex the most consistently and the furthest. If were to buy one it would be the Rflex.

Guy in front of me was a 22 and he hit 80 mph w/the 09 burner rflex. he went to the adams speedline and avged 6 mph over his 78mph avg w/the burner and got one up to 89mph the guy immediately bought one.

Now bottom line- I guess if you are looking for every edge on yrdage, adams may be on to something. I've tested it and it works for me. But I am going to stick w/my 901 as it feels just as good as it looks, mind you it looks 100x better than anything out there, and produces the fade for me. Plus theres always that comfort knowing I have a JDM high quality product in my hands that if swung right I can count on it's results!! :tsg_smilie_laugh:

Anycase thought I'd share my findings w/you all.

The funny thing is the Hireko/Dynacraft DSFI rated the Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue w/ Axis at 89 mph for the stiff flex and 83 mph for the regular flex. Very weak to flex as far as most shafts go. I would also venture to guess that Adams didn't tip it any when they inserted it into their heads. Most of their recent heads have had a longer BBGM measurement and would normally require tipping to make the shaft flex correctly. I wouldn't be surprised if the stiff was playing closer to 85-86 mph.

Edited by 03trdblack

IMO its the shaft that is in your 901 that is holding you back in regards to distance but helping you with dispersion. The Fujikura is heavier and more stout also it isnt the stock shaft option that tends to play softer.

Did you order this shaft as a custom option from TS or did you have it installed yourself? Either way the specified tipping instructions were probobly used.

If you were to put a good and softer shaft into your 901 you would notice an increase in distance with the dispersion widening. If you were to put your rombax into the Adams driver with similar tipping instructions and specs you would see the distance decrease and the dispersion tighten.

Placed the shaft in myself. And yep, the rombax is smooth and keeps me going straight as distance is not priority for me.