epon 301s or custom mizzys mp-52

parputt

I am getting ready for a new set and wanted to get some opinons on these 2 sets.Which would you buy given the choice.I had a Custom set of MP-60s one of the best sets ever owned but Epons with all the options are almost just as customizable as Mizuno.I was thinking Epon Af-501s 3 & 4 iron and the 5-PW AF-301s.?Both sets will be shafted with Nippon Super Peening Blue shafts if that helps.Opinons welcome.

ive ahd both and at present im using the 301/501 combo your asking about.

i was custom fitted for the mizunos at the Scottish fitting centre, no expense spared with shafts and grips. I stuck with them for over a season and to be honest never got them going great. It might have been my swing but I was never happy with them but after spending all the money I did I thought id stick with them. It wasnt till I had one of the worst golf days in over 25 years playing that I decided they had to go. By pure chance I found guy locally who stocked Japanees imported clubs. the next day I book at fitting and after hitting many heads and shaft options went for the 501 4 and 5 iron, 301 7 to wedge. they are fitted with NS V90 pro shafts. To be honest Ive never looked back.

The feel from a well hit iron is like no other ive tried and to be honest Ive tried a lot of iron sets!!

Ive tried the 701 with eagle e21 shafts but not for long draw your own conclusions from that one !

I know id not swap back to the mizunos but thats just my opinion

hope it helps

well i never went and said that !!

was only giving my opinion !

Really tough to beat a custom built set on Mizuno's... unless you're looking at a custom built set of Epons.