Shimada vs KBS vs DG vs PX Flighted vs NSPRO

I currently use Fourteen TC770 950GH Stiff and I hit 6 iron 165 yds. I cannot feel loading on the shaft with 950GH. I am in the process of either get iron set or change shafts. I don't know which will fit me the best. I have average tempo and pretty good rhythm... Help...

So many shafts and can decide.... Thanks.

I currently use Fourteen TC770 950GH Stiff and I hit 6 iron 165 yds. I cannot feel loading on the shaft with 950GH. I am in the process of either get iron set or change shafts. I don't know which will fit me the best. I have average tempo and pretty good rhythm... Help...

hi, Based on your 6I distance, I think you should try a regular flex in the 950. If ever I could feel a shaft loading, is was the 950. Playing too stiff a shaft will affects your ability to load which translates into feel.

hi, Based on your 6I distance, I think you should try a regular flex in the 950. If ever I could feel a shaft loading, is was the 950. Playing too stiff a shaft will affects your ability to load which translates into feel.

Thanks for your info. Maybe I need to go back to R flex... However, with swing speed of 93 mph for 6I, the ball flight is too high and 165 all carry and no roll. Is my length of 165 yards for 6I too short or slow to use stiff shaft? Someone told me to use other heavier shaft with lower kick for my swing. I just cannot decide what to do. In my case for loading problem, with lighter shaft, sometimes I just loose my tempo and shoot a massive hook. That is one of the key factor I am thinking of changing clubs or shafts or both. Please anyone, help me out and thank you for advise. I will look for more.

Brian,

I have the same feeling as you. I swing up to 118mph driver and I've even played the NS950s Regular flex. and I find that it is hard to load.

I found this to be the result of all NS shafts except the 1150GHTour. Which feels like a 2x soft stepped DGS300.

IMHO the NS shaft especially the 950 is harder to load... I find that I gotta really work to bring the clubhead in smoothly. Apposed to DG, and px, which kicks in pretty nicely... I think its the softer butt in the NS shafts. PX feels pretty solid and so does S400.

NS fans will prob rip me for sayin it... but the 950 is IMO harder to swing than any other shaft on the market.

Maybe its the flex point and how it relates to our swing.

Tim

I agree with Tim. I could never get along with the NS 950 shafts. I hit a six irons about 170 yards, so not much further than you and have found through trial and error that PX 5.0 works best for me. Second best would be DG R300 and DG S300.

Aloha

Randy

I agree with Tim. I could never get along with the NS 950 shafts. I hit a six irons about 170 yards, so not much further than you and have found through trial and error that PX 5.0 works best for me. Second best would be DG R300 and DG S300.

Aloha

Randy

Thanks... I feel much better now that I am not the only one. I will try the PX 5.0 and if there is any other recommendations, I am all ears. Thanks...

Brian

Thanks for your info. Maybe I need to go back to R flex... However, with swing speed of 93 mph for 6I, the ball flight is too high and 165 all carry and no roll. Is my length of 165 yards for 6I too short or slow to use stiff shaft? Someone told me to use other heavier shaft with lower kick for my swing. I just cannot decide what to do. In my case for loading problem, with lighter shaft, sometimes I just loose my tempo and shoot a massive hook. That is one of the key factor I am thinking of changing clubs or shafts or both. Please anyone, help me out and thank you for advise. I will look for more.

165 YARDS is not long for 6I. When I was younger :-(, my 6I was about 175 yards on average and I was playing a Rifle 5.0 soft stepped once.

I would suggest a regular flex in a 95-110 gram range.