Golftown having JDM gear?

Not sure if it should be in this forum but i noticed that golftown here in Canada has the Callaway Legacy driver on their site. Is it the real deal or just a watered down version? Love the revamped site, cheers

Edited by Kid Bro Sweets

Golf Town in Canada has always dabbed a bit in JDM. That is the real Legacy at a very good price. I think Duffer19 here on the forum bought 2.

Golf Town in Canada has always dabbed a bit in JDM. That is the real Legacy at a very good price. I think Duffer19 here on the forum bought 2.

It was a one time sale at one particular store location for a period of 4 days only. The limited # of drivers were sold out on day 3 but fortunately I bought my two on day 2. I am still on my honeymoon period.

:tsg_smiley_heart:

thanks for the info guys, i just found out the grand opening price vs the 400 they are going for now :(

thanks for the info guys, i just found out the grand opening price vs the 400 they are going for now :(

That's still a good price.

That's still a good price.

oh ya i know do you know if the hosel is .335? or if it's i-mix? i noticed on the old pics from the 2008 show it say oni-fit but i am unsure what that is.

That's Canadian currency too. So only about $345 US. Hell of a deal.

Personally, i think it's a rebadged FT-5. Different shaft options.

So by the same logic, the 2009 Legacy Aero is basically a rebadged FT-9?

No way is it a rebadged FT-5, the FT-5 is nothing like the Legacy which was designed by a completely different design team (Japan) and made in Japan unlike the FT-5 which is not. It features many design points like the power weighting and hyperbolic face that if I am not mistaken the FT-5 does not. The materials are different as is the feel. The Legacy feels like Epon (hint hint).

No way is it a rebadged FT-5, the FT-5 is nothing like the Legacy which was designed by a completely different design team (Japan) and made in Japan unlike the FT-5 which is not. It features many design points like the power weighting and hyperbolic face that if I am not mistaken the FT-5 does not. The materials are different as is the feel. The Legacy feels like Epon (hint hint).

i don't think it's exactly the same in the same way that the FT-3 was essentially the E.R.C. driver of old. I believe the FT-3 used some of the technology of the E.R.C. that came out first in Japan. The hyperbolic face was something that came after the FT-5 design when Callaway came out with the Hyper X driver. The Legacy driver does incorporate some of the later technology than the FT-5. That said, it's a great price and I believe shipping to the U.S. is quite easy. For $348, that's a real good deal if you're looking for a Callaway driver.

i don't think it's exactly the same in the same way that the FT-3 was essentially the E.R.C. driver of old. I believe the FT-3 used some of the technology of the E.R.C. that came out first in Japan. The hyperbolic face was something that came after the FT-5 design when Callaway came out with the Hyper X driver. The Legacy driver does incorporate some of the later technology than the FT-5. That said, it's a great price and I believe shipping to the U.S. is quite easy. For $348, that's a real good deal if you're looking for a Callaway driver.

I see what you mean. (^_^)

Yes the Hyper X borrowed the hyperbolic face from the Hyper ERC and then was manufactured in China if I am not mistaken while the ERC and Legacy are made in Japan. At 348.00 the Legacy is a steal. I am already checking if we can get discounted prices as it is being cleared in Japan too.

hmm i might wait on you guys then and see, what is generally shipping for a driver to canada?