GD P9003 - how does it play?

tolsenbb

It is a good shaft BUY IT!! swing hard and watch the ball go straight!!

The P9003x is by far, my shaft of choice. I haven't experienced a shaft to date which gives me the trajectory I'm looking far that this shaft does. I like low to medium flight that just bores through the air. Combine that with really great feel and not to mention a killer color (cherry red) and I don't really need anything more.

Now having said all that its not the longest shaft out there. I find as I'm getting a little older I don't quite hit as far as I used too. When I'm really on this shaft gives me right around 285 yds but when my swing isn't quite as fast, I average right around 250. I would definitely say that if your swing speed isn't at least 110 mph then go with 9003 in stiff. Even though I'm not as long as maybe I used to be this shaft still performs very well and the dispersion pattern is very small and that's probably the reason why I love it the most. One of these days I'll have to drop down to a lesser stiff shaft but until then, I'll keep bagging this club. Even then I think before I'd change the shaft I would probably go with a 10.5 degree head, which, I'm actually thinking about doing later this year if Epon comes out with a newer driver design.

Also, just for clarification purposes the P9003 only comes in an x-stiff. The 9003 comes in stiff and x-stiff and is basically the same shaft I believe only made for slower swing speeds. IMO the 9003 series is the best shaft GD has ever come out with, but then again, its only my opinion.

I have two of these in my 3 woods. I have a p9003-TX in a 13° T/S TM Tour Burner and a p9003-X in a 17.5° T5 Tour Burner.

These shafts avoid any ballooning you might get with other shafts. The trajectory is low and flat. They are as long as any other shaft I have played. I would compare it to a Pro95 with much less spin. I get less sidespin than the VooDoo's shafts I had in the clubs before these. The TX is stout, but I can handle it with a 110mph SS. I like the softer shaft in the 5 wood as I'm not out for raw distance in T5. The 13° is all about distance so the TX works nicely! The shafts have a great feel to them, heavy and stiff but still smooth. If you have a chance to try or buy you should!