new irons

aberdeenlad

hi folks

looking for some clues

Im going to have face facts and im not good as i really think i am ! Ive got a set of 301/501 comb but in all honesty i need a bit of help ! im lookin for something that hits it long with a bit of forgiveness? Anyone wih a hint will be appreciated. ive got a slow smooth sing but need to be able to hit it out there asim getting on a bit inyears ( arent we all !!) was thinking about going bac to a set of taylor mades as they got me down to single figure before i thought i needed blades !!!

Thanks

G

First thing I would do is tell you to stick with the iron set you have and perhaps work on the swing a bit.

But, if I were looking for some forgiving irons... I would be looking real hard at these:

Mizuno 2009 JPX E600 Ti Face Irons 5-PW

Good luck :)

why not the af701 since you already have tried the 301/501. they are very long and forgiving. or you can go with the ping jspec models. very long and prob the most forgiving irons youl hit out there

I would also say the Ping Rapture J spec. I have the V2 model and they have made a world of difference in my iron play. More GIRs that I've ever had before.

Aloha

Randy

I would also say the Ping Rapture J spec. I have the V2 model and they have made a world of difference in my iron play. More GIRs that I've ever had before.

Aloha

Randy

these were the same irons i was using right before i jumped ship to epon. i miss them bad. prob the best non jdm make i have ever had.

Hey G,

I've played the Burner 09 irons 3-A for about 5 rounds... The lot of 7 iron to the 3 iron are super forgiving.

The lofts are exteremly strong and the length of the club is even longer than the std... it pays off. If you need help w/distance, the only other club that makes the table is the Epon AF701 which is about 5-10 yards shorter than these 09 burners.

3 iron goes about 250

5 iron goes about 220

7 iron goes about 180

The Stock 85 gram shaft is really sloppy though, I think if you can get DG S300 or X100s in there these would perform swell.

I'm currently playing Epon AF701s irons w/PX6.0s and the difference in distance is the burners are indeed longer, prob about 10 yards or so...

Tim

Geoff sometimes we all have to bite our pride and go for the easier irons. Golf after all is about hitting the best shot you can and getting a good score. If the irons are difficult then that is not help to both those goals.

I had the aF-701 and I found those to be very forgiving. I did however switch to the PRGR GN502 Silver (not forged) which I found even more forgiving and easier to hit especially with lightweight carbon shafts.

The shaft will contribute to how an iron feels and plays. Graphite really allows you to swing easy.

There were quite a few good recommendations in here. I personally do not like the look of the Burner irons but the JPX E600 Ti is definitely an easy iron to hit as well as the PRGR and ONOFF Irons.