New Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ilima Red Shaft!

gocchin

diamana_ilima_slide.jpg

diamana_ilima.jpg

I posted a few weeks ago about the spotting of a new Diamana Red prototype on the Japanese tour. After speaking with Diamana Japan, they did in fact confirm that that prototype would be going retail in October. So the news is now official and we have Mitsubishi Rayon's new Diamana 'ilima shaft. As Mitsubishi said when the red proto was first spotted, the very successful first generation Diamana series was released with Blue, Red and White Boards in that specific order. Diamana then moved to a new method of manufacturing and design with the Blue Kai'li. So following that pattern a Red model is next in line.

This new generation Red Diamana, the 'ilima, follows a similar pattern with the original M Series Redboard. While it is not another Redboard it is a mid kicking low spin driver which provides a higher trajectory than the typical Diamana shaft. It's meant for those who want control but need or want more carry. As with the kai'li, Mitsubishi designed these new Diamana's with focus on not only the way the shaft bends but the torsional rigidity of the shaft. By focusing on how a shaft ovals and returns to original shape, Diamana creates performance oriented and tour proven shafts that maximizes energy transfer at impact with minimal twisting. Stability and balance are the keys to the new 'ilima which feature a more rigid mid section and firm tip which result in great control and lower spin.

diamana_ilima2.jpg

The explosive performance of the new Diamana 'ilima is thanks to Mitsubishi Rayon's second generation manufacturing process and the use of M.D.I. or Multi Dimensional Interlay Technology. The layering of cross axis carbon with rings of additional carbon create minimal ovaling and a shaft that returns to its original shape quickly for a controlled whip like performance.

The new 'ilima is named after the orange Hawaiian flower which has 5 petals and a series of stamens in the center. This flower was worn by Hawaiian goddesses in ancient myths providing protection. It is still a popular flower today in Hawaii and you can see the the ilima on the new Diamana 'ilima's flowerband design.

The new Diamana 'ilima will be available in 60, 70 and 80 models featuring lower torque and a 50% balance point with mid kick. Pre order for the new 'ilima begins later this wee in the TSG Pro Shop!

diamana_ilima_specs.jpg

• 1 month later...
The color is def on the orange-side of teh spectrum. Got mine in only 3 days, thanks TSG..you all are great. Shaft looks sick, just like Ka'li. Right now it is raining, so I can't really test it. Can't wait though.

waywt667.jpg

waywt664.jpg

I have one on the way....... if it plays like a highr launching Kai'li i'll be all set!

thanks for whetting my whistle with your pics