Epon Golf's New Sales Policy

clevelaand

I still can't understand Epons decision for not making their product available on line. If Epon's policy has been from the start to get their products in the hands of great builders/fitters, why would this change by offering on line services. The majority of people who know about Epon would understand their own fitting requirements.

It’s a great pity they have taken this approach because many people will now not experience these great products

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being the ho that I am I thought I'd like to try the 302 and 502's to see what they were like, etc.

I don't have that opportunity now. If it wasn't for prior knowledge (through TSG) of the clubs I wouldn't even know they existed.

I was adding up how much money I've spent on Epon clubs over the last couple of years. If I posted the total people would call BS.

Looks like I'm going to be able to retire a couple of years earlier now... :)

So you are done with Epon?

I don't have access to them (Epon) anymore.

My guess is I'll pick up a set second hand as they become available.

There a a lot of great clubs out there. I'm not having any problem finding plenty of them to hit. Heck, I might just settle on a set of clubs and play them for a full season. Quite honestly I couldn't be any happier with my WITB right now.

I am going to pick up a set of the Forged R9 TP's when they are released.

BUT, my favorite set and the irons I probably play my best Golf with and enjoy the most are my Copper "idrive" custom 301 Epons. I just want to keep them like new and have around for a long time. (I know, stupid, I should just play them and forget about it) But I play alot and could wear them out in a year or two easily.

That's a good question.

My first thought was, of course they will but after thinking about it for a couple of minutes I'm thinking it may be just the opposite. If the 302's aren't a real improvement and or people don't like the looks as well they may hold their value quite well.

I guess only time will tell.

nope prices will remain the same. epon does not drop prices or give discounts when a new model comes out. i just got a set of epon type x irons and expected the price to be significantly lower but it was not.

nope prices will remain the same. epon does not drop prices or give discounts when a new model comes out. i just got a set of epon type x irons and expected the price to be significantly lower but it was not.

Hey C,

I didn't even think about new ones... I was thinking about used ones that hit the market. Will Epon even offer the older models (new) once the new ones are officially introduced?

Of course without TSG selling them I have no clue when that will be....

The old models will still be available for about 6 months I am told.

The prices will not stay the same they will actually be going up. :tsg_smiley_crazy: Yes even on the 301 & 501 models!

Many accounts are upset about this and we share their frustration but it was not our decision to make.

If anyone wants a club maker in their area to have the Epon account please contact [email protected] and we will reach out to that store on your behalf to start the account.

The old models will still be available for about 6 months I am told.

The prices will not stay the same they will actually be going up. :tsg_smiley_crazy: Yes even on the 301 & 501 models!

Many accounts are upset about this and we share their frustration but it was not our decision to make.

If anyone wants a club maker in their area to have the Epon account please contact [email protected] and we will reach out to that store on your behalf to start the account.

Epon is telling us, with their higher price intentions on existing models, that the new 302 and 502 models for 2010 probably won't measure up to the older model UNLESS they are planning a sequel to Dumb and Dumber.