Newest addition to my EGG family (PICs added)

Randy

Just got a new addition to my EGG family, which is the PRGR 10.5 EGG Impact driver. My total EGG family now is as follows:

Papa EGG - Impact driver

Mama EGG - 15 degree EGG spoon

Siblings= EGG 5 wd and EGG 9 wd.

Back to my latest addition. Got it in the mail today and as always, great service and real pleasure to do business with TSG. Took it to the range and hit a full bucket of balls with it. I hit against what was my current driver a 12 degree EMB and the EGG Spoon. For about the first 1/2 of the bucket, I was hitting the EGG Impact driver about 20 yards longer than the EGG Spoon, but about 20 yards shorter than the EMB. That is about what I expected against the EMB as the EGG Impact is 1.75 inches shorter. I was a little surprised about getting that much more distance over the EGG Spoon though as the EGG Impact is only .5 inches longer. Dispersion was better than the EMB, which you would expect with a shorter driver, and was just as good as the EGG Spoon.

So after a 1/2 bucket I am taking a break and thinking that maybe giving up 20 yards to be more consistent would be okay. Then I started hitting the 2nd 1/2 of the bucket and started hitting the Impact driver just as far as the EMB and again with better dispersion. Think it just took me a little while to get used to the shorter driver.

The real test well come Saturday when I take it out on the course, but my impression after the first range session is that PRGR designed a winner in this driver for someone that wants the control of a 3 wd, but close to the distance of a standard length driver. I will update when I am done with the round on Saturday and try to get some pictures taken and posted.

Aloha

Randy

Edited by Randy

Just got a new addition to my EGG family, which is the PRGR 10.5 EGG Impact driver. My total EGG family now is as follows:

Papa EGG - Impact driver

Mama EGG - 15 degree EGG spoon

Siblings= EGG 5 wd and EGG 9 wd.

Back to my latest addition. Got it in the mail today and as always, great service and real pleasure to do business with TSG. Took it to the range and hit a full bucket of balls with it. I hit against what was my current driver a 12 degree EMB and the EGG Spoon. For about the first 1/2 of the bucket, I was hitting the EGG Impact driver about 20 yards longer than the EGG Spoon, but about 20 yards shorter than the EMB. That is about what I expected against the EMB as the EGG Impact is 1.75 inches shorter. I was a little surprised about getting that much more distance over the EGG Spoon though as the EGG Impact is only .5 inches longer. Dispersion was better than the EMB, which you would expect with a shorter driver, and was just as good as the EGG Spoon.

So after a 1/2 bucket I am taking a break and thinking that maybe giving up 20 yards to be more consistent would be okay. Then I started hitting the 2nd 1/2 of the bucket and started hitting the Impact driver just as far as the EMB and again with better dispersion. Think it just took me a little while to get used to the shorter driver.

The real test well come Saturday when I take it out on the course, but my impression after the first range session is that PRGR designed a winner in this driver for someone that wants the control of a 3 wd, but close to the distance of a standard length driver. I will update when I am done with the round on Saturday and try to get some pictures taken and posted.

Aloha

Randy

great review randy. i just started experimenting with a shorter driver. i used to play 45.5 but have chopped it up to 45" and getting great results. i have a back up driver same everything except that it is 44". so far im good with the 45" cant notice any gain in tighter dispersion with the 44"

as for your mama egg what length does it play? i assume its a 43.5? i play a 16*4 wood that is 42,5". this is probably the shortest id go w a 3/4wood. anyway ive been waiting for a used egg to pop up for months. so far none yet. by a longshot if you do sell lemme know:)

can we have pics of your happy egg family?

Mama EGG is 43 inches.

I will let you know if I decide it is time for one of the EGG family to move out. Only so much room in the bag and if the EGG Impact works as good on the course as it did at the range, something will have to move out.

Pictures will be up on Saturday.

Mama EGG is 43 inches.

I will let you know if I decide it is time for one of the EGG family to move out. Only so much room in the bag and if the EGG Impact works as good on the course as it did at the range, something will have to move out.

Pictures will be up on Saturday.

thank you sir. looking forward to some pics

Dang.. not what I wanted to hear.

I have the 15* Egg spoon and a 22* egg FW in the bag and they are the only clubs that don't have a chance of being replaced anytime soon.

If I wasn't hitting the Kamui as well as I am I'd be all over this new Egg driver.

Good luck with it on the Course Saturday.. I think. :tsg_smilie_surprise:

:tsg_smiley_crazy:

EGG oh EGG why don't you come up with higher lofts???? WHY?????

If there are anything 11* i will gladly try :)

Pictures of my EGG family and the EGG Impact Driver:

post-3241-1260139517.jpg

post-3241-1260139619.jpg

post-3241-1260139828.jpg

post-3241-1260139774.jpg

Update on the EGG Impact driver after 1st round with it Saturday. This driver does what PRGR claims it does. Normally, I average around 50% fairways hit and have at least one or two OBs in a round, which is why I went to teeing off with a 3wd. With the Impact driver yesterday, I didn't have anything close to an OB and 10 out of 14 fairways hit. Average drive with the Impact driver was probably about 5 to 10 yards shorter than what I was getting with my EMB, but I will take that.

If anything changes during the honeymoon period or after that, I will update.

Aloha

Randy

Great looking family.

What do you think of the stock shaft in the Driver?

Have you considered changing it out?

A driver that keeps the ball in play is priceless. Eliminating 2 OB's and hitting a couple of extra fairways has to worth at least 5-6 shots for the round. What a great pickup. I'll be surprised when the Honeymoon period ends you'll be moving on to something else with results like that.

Congrats on a nice Family.

Great looking family.

What do you think of the stock shaft in the Driver?

Have you considered changing it out?

A driver that keeps the ball in play is priceless. Eliminating 2 OB's and hitting a couple of extra fairways has to worth at least 5-6 shots for the round. What a great pickup. I'll be surprised when the Honeymoon period ends you'll be moving on to something else with results like that.

Congrats on a nice Family.

After a couple of range sessions and one round with the driver, I am, so far, happy with the M-43 shaft. I get a medium high trajectory with good roll after ball hits the ground. Down the road I may think about changing the shaft.

I am a 13 capper and shot 80 on saturday and for the most part it was all about the driver keeping ball in play or more often in the short grass. If you want a 3wd on steroids, this is the club.

Aloha

Randy

• 1 month later...

Great write up. Very interested in this dirver. Does the driver sit close at address? Or is it just the picture? Is it draw biased?

Great write up. Very interested in this dirver. Does the driver sit close at address? Or is it just the picture? Is it draw biased?

I have never actually had the face measured to see whether it is closed or not. It doesn't look very closed to me. My normal shot with most drivers is a little draw and that is exactly what I get with this driver.

The Impact driver is still in my bag, which is saying a lot being the big Ho I am.

Hi Randy,

Thank you for posting the pics and your review. I also appreciate the kind words about TSG's customer service!

PRGR has me impressed big time this year. TR 500 limited irons & the entire EGG series speaks volumes about their R&D and confidence to introduce new technology into the golf arena.

The GN502 Tour is another driver I am considering but I have a feeling this Egg driver would be better for my score.

What about the forgivness level of this driver?

What about the forgivness level of this driver?

I have not hit every driver out there, but I haven't found any that are more forgiving. Of course part of that, and bases of design, is that at shorter length I get closer to the sweet spot each time. My playing partners have promised to lock me up if I ever get rid of this driver as I hit it so well and will have completely lost my mind if I get rid of it.

I profess that I am a complete golf HO, but seriously I don't even look at drivers any more.

Aloha

Randy

oh why oh why is JDM stuff so expensive. I'm really liking this driver (even though I haven't even hit it yet;).