Welcome to Japanese Golf Clubs at Golf To Impress

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

gocchin

Quadra Shaft Fitting Thread

31 posts in this topic

This thread is the official TSG Fitting thread for Quadra Shafts.

Quadra is one of the hottest shaft brands in Japan. Quadra utilizes high grade 50t and 80t carbon in their hand made shaft process to create high performance shafts for all levels of golfers.

We can fit you for all current shafts in their lineup even if the shaft is not offered in the Pro Shop. (We have access to all Japanese market shafts) This includes fitting for all clubs including drivers, fairway woods, utilities, irons and wedges.

Choosing the right shaft is an essential part of optimizing the performance of your clubs. An average club can become great with the right shaft while a great club can simply stink with the wrong shaft. A shaft cannot perform miracles and fix swing flaws but can help improve distance and control when matched with the right swing.

Finding the right shaft is no simple task. With so many brands and models to choose from, TSG is here to help provide advice for making your decision easier. A golfer cannot simply choose a shaft these days based on swing speed. Every shaft is different from flex, to bend profile, to trajectory and spin, and even control and target audience.

Some shafts are for smoother swingers, others for hard power hitters. Some shafts will minimize hooks and other slices. Some shafts will launch high with maximum carry and others with a piercing trajectory for maximum run. Some shafts maximize distance and others control. Some shafts are even considered more "forgiving" than others and aimed at the average golfer while others require a more advanced player to optimize performance.

Shafts also range in different prices and different designs and grades of carbon which also affect performance of a shaft.

We're here to help but keep in mind that there is no exact science for fitting shafts especially with so many different shafts on the market. We will try our best to match you up with a shaft based on the information you provide us and your requirements. The more info you give the better.

Please copy and paste the below into your post with your answers.

If you want to keep this private I can also be reached at [email protected] with the subject: Shaft Advice

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is your handicap:

What is your estimated swing speed:

How far do you hit your driver total distance:

How much of that is carry and how much run:

How far do you hit your 7 iron:

Are you a smooth or aggressive swinger:

What is your tempo like, slow, average or fast:

What is your bad shot ie slice, push, pull, hook:

How often does your bad shot happen:

Any other info about your swing ie too much spin, steep downblow, flat plane etc:

What club are you currently using:

What shaft and flex are you currently using:

Please describe your current trajectory with this combo:

What do you like or dislike about this combo:

Which club did you want a shaft for ie driver, irons etc:

What kind of trajectory are you looking or ie low, mid, high:

What kind of weight do you like ie light, average or heavy:

What is your main goal, distance or control:

What else are you looking for in a shaft:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is your handicap:4

What is your estimated swing speed:110-115mph

How far do you hit your driver total distance:295

How much of that is carry and how much run:280

How far do you hit your 7 iron:175

Are you a smooth or aggressive swinger:smooth

What is your tempo like, slow, average or fast:average

What is your bad shot ie slice, push, pull, hook:pull but mostly push cuz of block

How often does your bad shot happen:3 out of 10

Any other info about your swing ie too much spin, steep downblow, flat plane etc:

What club are you currently using:Epon 102 9.5

What shaft and flex are you currently using:GI Tour AD P9003x

Please describe your current trajectory with this combo:mid flight which i prefer

What do you like or dislike about this combo: since its 80g i find it a bit heavy, cpm is 282 which is a bit high cant unload the shaft on impact. What I like about this shaft is the traj, the generous roll because, low spin and the tight dispersion but cant be consistent especially if I'm tired.

Which club did you want a shaft for ie driver, irons etc: driver

What kind of trajectory are you looking or ie low, mid, high: mid

What kind of weight do you like ie light, average or heavy: probably go down a notch from 80g to 70ish

What is your main goal, distance or control: control

What else are you looking for in a shaft:

What is your handicap:6

What is your estimated swing speed:100-105mph (never got measured)

How far do you hit your driver total distance:260-280y + the odd bombers

How much of that is carry and how much run:240-260y Carry Approx 10-15% run

How far do you hit your 7 iron:160-170y

Are you a smooth or aggressive swinger:Smooth 3/4 swing

What is your tempo like, slow, average or fast: average tempo

What is your bad shot ie slice, push, pull, hook:hook/push

How often does your bad shot happen:probably 2 drives/ rnd approx

Any other info about your swing ie too much spin, steep downblow, flat plane etc: I hit slightly on the up so spin no issue.Flattish plane. Current drivers mid-high launch & decent roll but no idea of spin rates. No Balooning

What club are you currently using: a)Adams Speedline Classic 9.5 1*open b) 9.5* 9064LS

What shaft and flex are you currently using:a) Oban Devotion 7 05flex untipped 266cpm b) stock RIP Alpha stiff

Please describe your current trajectory with this combo:a) mid to high a bit anti left, b) mid to high occasional hook

What do you like or dislike about this combo:a)gamer for over 12months nice anti left combo & fairway finder but due to chroninc left wrist injury need to go lighter. Also weight & flex may get a little tough late in the round & head not forgiving on bad swing days B) Forgiving head and on average longer. Dull feeling shaft but does go long. left side can be a problem. Only 3 rounds and not yet finding consistency.

Where do you see your game going? Keep improving <5hcp

What is your budget? Quadra is within budget.

Me -> 5'4 stocky build just turned 42. Flattish swing in to out with a slight draw as normal shot. What do i want to achieve? both distance and accuracy of course.

I would like to hear about this shaft & any shaft comparisons/Data to read up on and of course which will suit me to go on the 9064LS head (i would prefer in the 60s).

What is your handicap:6

What is your estimated swing speed:100-105mph (never got measured)

How far do you hit your driver total distance:260-280y + the odd bombers

How much of that is carry and how much run:240-260y Carry Approx 10-15% run

How far do you hit your 7 iron:160-170y

Are you a smooth or aggressive swinger:Smooth 3/4 swing

What is your tempo like, slow, average or fast: average tempo

What is your bad shot ie slice, push, pull, hook:hook/push

How often does your bad shot happen:probably 2 drives/ rnd approx

Any other info about your swing ie too much spin, steep downblow, flat plane etc: I hit slightly on the up so spin no issue.Flattish plane. Current drivers mid-high launch & decent roll but no idea of spin rates. No Balooning

What club are you currently using: a)Adams Speedline Classic 9.5 1*open b) 9.5* 9064LS

What shaft and flex are you currently using:a) Oban Devotion 7 05flex untipped 266cpm b) stock RIP Alpha stiff

Please describe your current trajectory with this combo:a) mid to high a bit anti left, b) mid to high occasional hook

What do you like or dislike about this combo:a)gamer for over 12months nice anti left combo & fairway finder but due to chroninc left wrist injury need to go lighter. Also weight & flex may get a little tough late in the round & head not forgiving on bad swing days B) Forgiving head and on average longer. Dull feeling shaft but does go long. left side can be a problem. Only 3 rounds and not yet finding consistency.

Where do you see your game going? Keep improving <5hcp

What is your budget? Quadra is within budget.

Me -> 5'4 stocky build just turned 42. Flattish swing in to out with a slight draw as normal shot. What do i want to achieve? both distance and accuracy of course.

I would like to hear about this shaft & any shaft comparisons/Data to read up on and of course which will suit me to go on the 9064LS head (i would prefer in the 60s).

ss 105......, 270+ yards.........,

ull need a 75s or if u want l it lighter 65xs or even x id think.

65 xs is a beauty i think , its quite a bit tighter than the S

i was using this till mid last yr . then went heavier for better results.

what you think T ?

ss 105......, 270+ yards.........,

ull need a 75s or if u want l it lighter 65xs or even x id think.

65 xs is a beauty i think , its quite a bit tighter than the S

i was using this till mid last yr . then went heavier for better results.

what you think T ?

Thanks. Spoon was the one that got me into devo 7 05 untipped and definitely got me more consistent but the pain the next day on my left wrist...

ss 105......, 270+ yards........., is that like not not computing? lol.. i;ve never been to a LM

I think ur right about the xs. Now finding a pull must be hard lol.

Thanks. Spoon was the one that got me into devo 7 05 untipped and definitely got me more consistent but the pain the next day on my left wrist...

ss 105......, 270+ yards........., is that like not not computing? lol.. i;ve never been to a LM

I think ur right about the xs. Now finding a pull must be hard lol.

and it is me now suggesting a 65sx after your latest injury. youl be happier with this, we both came from a 75x and the lighter

weight will be good for the long stretch. i have a 105-108ss and the 65s is more than enough, i could probably go with an sx or

even x but after my back injury no more.

now for pulls pm Supo67 hes the quadra pull man numero uno.

@stew, ECA is from down under as well

Hey guys, is it true the better grade carbon will actually cpm higher but wont feel as stiff?

Hey guys, is it true the better grade carbon will actually cpm higher but wont feel as stiff?

actually they cpm the same but feel stiffer. well at least for me.

my tour ad di cpmd higher than my quadra but quadra is defintely

stiffer. i mean that in a good way

actually they cpm the same but feel stiffer. well at least for me.

my tour ad di cpmd higher than my quadra but quadra is defintely

stiffer. i mean that in a good way

That's exactly right with FE. My 55R at 45.5 cpm at 234 with a 198g head but everyone said it felt stiff than a Japanese R flex.

kinda scary C since the devo 7 05 cpmed at 266 and quadra chart says 65xs will be at 268 lol.. gotta try it i guess

kinda scary C since the devo 7 05 cpmed at 266 and quadra chart says 65xs will be at 268 lol.. gotta try it i guess

well remember your head was much heavier than 198g. also i would minus 5-6 cpm from the chart for a 198g head.

mine is listed at 260-261 but actual came out to 254. dont be so concerned and get bugged down with the specs,

i can assure you that hitting it of the tee will be a different matter. youl be quite surprised with the dispersion. different

animal. :tsg_smiley_punkrock:

As my own rule of thumb, I would subtract 10 to 12 cpm from stated spec using a 7 inch clamp vs. using a 5 inch one.

Thanks guys.. it's coming courtesy of Stew :)

Thanks guys.. it's coming courtesy of Stew :)

you got a good deal on that one

you got a good deal on that one

Thanks C, still worried about the XS especially seeing you with an S lol..

Thanks C, still worried about the XS especially seeing you with an S lol..

my move down in weight and flex was due to an injury. i can defintely move up in flex but im fine

with an S for now. youl be fine.

Hey guys,

How are you?

Im looking to reshaft my Nike SQ Machspeed Black round with a quadra FE 55 sr/s or a 65 SR/S. I am unsure of the flex or weight to choose. I Will not be purchasing this until the summer due to the fact that I am still in college and broke at the moment. Once i graduate and am able to work i will be pulling the trigger. I have a SS that ranges from 97-100 but am looking to increase this. I have begun a dedicated workout program to increase lean muscle which should give me some more power. I currently have the Stock Made for nike fubuki 55 gram shaft in stiff. The weight feels good but the shaft is just to twisty for me.

I am also intrestead in some info on the Fujikura Bangvoo Premium S/R Shaft

I hit my 7 iron normally 157-160

Plus i have a video from my round yesterday if that would help

Am looking for any info or advice.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Hey guys,

How are you?

Im looking to reshaft my Nike SQ Machspeed Black round with a quadra FE 55 sr/s or a 65 SR/S. I am unsure of the flex or weight to choose. I Will not be purchasing this until the summer due to the fact that I am still in college and broke at the moment. Once i graduate and am able to work i will be pulling the trigger. I have a SS that ranges from 97-100 but am looking to increase this. I have begun a dedicated workout program to increase lean muscle which should give me some more power. I currently have the Stock Made for nike fubuki 55 gram shaft in stiff. The weight feels good but the shaft is just to twisty for me.

I am also intrestead in some info on the Fujikura Bangvoo Premium S/R Shaft

I hit my 7 iron normally 157-160

Plus i have a video from my round yesterday if that would help

Am looking for any info or advice.

Thanks in advance

from what i gathered from the post and info you mentioned, you should get something in the 65g range. you are still going to get stronger

so the 65 has more potential. also i think you should get the 65sr. play it longer and if there ever comes a time you need it stiffer you can always

tip trim it to suit your needs. thats what i would suggest. nothing worst than paying a large sum for a shaft that you will later outgrow. with the 65sr

you have more options.

i think you will outgrow the 55sr in time as you get better and stronger. good luck

Chris

Thanks Again

Spoon

I was thinking that the 65 would be a better option anyway with the 80T Graphite. I was going to play the shaft at 45.25 so what do you think 45.75" so ill have options later on?

Also i forgot to mention that i am 6' tall. I will also be going away for golf school over my spring break.

Here the video from my round on sunday

Thanks again,

Chris

Thanks Again

Spoon

I was thinking that the 65 would be a better option anyway with the 80T Graphite. I was going to play the shaft at 45.25 so what do you think 45.75" so ill have options later on?

Also i forgot to mention that i am 6' tall. I will also be going away for golf school over my spring break.

Thanks again,

Chris

we are the same height. i play mine at 45.25 as well. my swing speed is about 105-108mph.

i was always a fast swinger from years in the gym. about the time i was in college uo to know.

and am gaming a 65s. focusing on core muscles . i used to lift heavy weight but changed

my routine to suit the golf swing.

you have a nice fluid swing. it also looks faster than the speed u indicated. you could possibly

gain an additional 5mph or more with proper stretching and flexibility exercises.

as for the playing length depends on you, .5 " would not be bad.

Thanks Again

Spoon

Thanks again,

Chris

Err.. just used the 65SX today & this is just right for me.. matter if fact just about perfect. I have never been measured but at 5'4 & 42yrs i doubt im over 105mph. What a beauty of a shaft though.. still shaking my head after todays round. Hitting knockdown 52* 2nd on a couple of 400+yarders holes is nuts.. and the fairways were lush, not much runs. One tree on a dogleg i lazered was 285 meters (over 300 yards?) although slightly dowhill, i was aligned with it. Maybe its just honeymoon adrenalin. I do have a shorter swing so a stiffer profile might be more suited to me but your vid definitely shows some speed ala Mcilroy.

Err.. just used the 65SX today & this is just right for me.. matter if fact just about perfect. I have never been measured but at 5'4 & 42yrs i doubt im over 105mph. What a beauty of a shaft though.. still shaking my head after todays round. Hitting knockdown 52* 2nd on a couple of 400+yarders holes is nuts.. and the fairways were lush, not much runs. One tree on a dogleg i lazered was 285 meters (over 300 yards?) although slightly dowhill, i was aligned with it. Maybe its just honeymoon adrenalin. I do have a shorter swing so a stiffer profile might be more suited to me but your vid definitely shows some speed ala Mcilroy.

oh no its no honeymoon adrenalin, the shaft is really that good, the shaft is extremely stable and the dispersion is just amazing.

imagine when the fairways harden a bit? i can already imagine that smile on your face hehe. you think you can go 65x?

eca, for some reason after watching his swing , i also thought of mcilroy, i guess its his finishing position and how he gets there from his

follow thru. mcilroy-ish indeed

C, with the one round, i was actually thinking of you that once your back is healed, you will need firmer for sure. I did find it more stable, so stable in fact that you get encouraged to go after it and i did lose a couple left which made me think 65x is not too much. But SX i think for me will be fine and focus on putting on a good swing.

As for CGV, given your physique, age, current ability and the planned physical program hmm you might outgrow the S too quickly lol. But like Spoon says, tipping it can make it firmer. S 45.5 to start and tip trim to 45 later or go straight to SX.

Thanks for the great comments and feedback guys.

I will have to have my ss measured right before purchasing the shaft. at some point this summer. Its gonna be a long few months haha!

In the meantime spoon do you have some specific stretches you could recommend?

And after the shaft. Comes the irons. Miura 1957 small blades w/ Nippon SP orange. That wait is gonna be even worse!

Thanks again,

Chris

What is your handicap: 18

What is your estimated swing speed: 88-96

How far do you hit your driver total distance: 255-270

How much of that is carry and how much run: 25

How far do you hit your 7 iron: 150

Are you a smooth or aggressive swinger: in between

What is your tempo like, slow, average or fast: medium to fast

What is your bad shot ie slice, push, pull, hook: push or pull straight left

How often does your bad shot happen: 3 or 4 times a round

What club are you currently using: ryoma d-1 10.5 but also have af-15 9.5 to shaft up

What shaft and flex are you currently using: ryom d-1 stock shaft in stiff

Please describe your current trajectory with this combo: good

What do you like or dislike about this combo: stalls into wind

Which club did you want a shaft for ie driver, irons etc: driver

What kind of trajectory are you looking or ie low, mid, high: mid to high

What kind of weight do you like ie light, average or heavy: light

What is your main goal, distance or control: control plus distance, espec into wind

What else are you looking for in a shaft: -

any help appreciated

cheers

Edited by julescurwen