Sign in to follow this  
gocchin

Fujikura Shaft Fitting Thread

This thread is the official TSG Fitting thread for Fujikura Shafts.

Fujikura has long been one of the dominant shaft makers in the world. The Japanese market offers a huge amount of Fuji models including Japan only Motore Speeder woods and iron shafts and 70t carbon Bangvoo.

We can fit you for all current shafts in their lineup even if the shaft is not offered in the Pro Shop. (We have access to all Japanese market shafts) This includes fitting for all clubs including drivers, fairway woods, utilities, irons and wedges.

Choosing the right shaft is an essential part of optimizing the performance of your clubs. An average club can become great with the right shaft while a great club can simply stink with the wrong shaft. A shaft cannot perform miracles and fix swing flaws but can help improve distance and control when matched with the right swing.

Finding the right shaft is no simple task. With so many brands and models to choose from, TSG is here to help provide advice for making your decision easier. A golfer cannot simply choose a shaft these days based on swing speed. Every shaft is different from flex, to bend profile, to trajectory and spin, and even control and target audience.

Some shafts are for smoother swingers, others for hard power hitters. Some shafts will minimize hooks and other slices. Some shafts will launch high with maximum carry and others with a piercing trajectory for maximum run. Some shafts maximize distance and others control. Some shafts are even considered more "forgiving" than others and aimed at the average golfer while others require a more advanced player to optimize performance.

Shafts also range in different prices and different designs and grades of carbon which also affect performance of a shaft.

We're here to help but keep in mind that there is no exact science for fitting shafts especially with so many different shafts on the market. We will try our best to match you up with a shaft based on the information you provide us and your requirements. The more info you give the better.

Please copy and paste the below into your post with your answers.

If you want to keep this private I can also be reached at [email protected] with the subject: Shaft Advice

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is your handicap:

What is your estimated swing speed:

How far do you hit your driver total distance:

How much of that is carry and how much run:

How far do you hit your 7 iron:

Are you a smooth or aggressive swinger:

What is your tempo like, slow, average or fast:

What is your bad shot ie slice, push, pull, hook:

How often does your bad shot happen:

Any other info about your swing ie too much spin, steep downblow, flat plane etc:

What club are you currently using:

What shaft and flex are you currently using:

Please describe your current trajectory with this combo:

What do you like or dislike about this combo:

Which club did you want a shaft for ie driver, irons etc:

What kind of trajectory are you looking or ie low, mid, high:

What kind of weight do you like ie light, average or heavy:

What is your main goal, distance or control:

What else are you looking for in a shaft:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are my swing info:

Swing Speed : 97 Mph

Swing Tempo: Fast

Driver distance: 210-230 yards

Driver length: 44.5"

Driver loft: 12

What I like from a shaft:

A shaft that weight around 70 g and gives a low spin for my driver.

Thanks!

I am interested in a flex recommendation for a Motore Speeder VT 6.0. I am a 3 hcp. I generally make solid contact. The shaft will be fitted to a Callaway adapter for use in a Razr Fit Xtreme. Playing length is 45.5". My swing speed right now is 96-98 mprh. It gets slightly higher in the summer. I have a flattish swing that is short of parallel but with a fairly smooth transition. Ball flight is medium. I don't usually have any issues with excessive spin. Standard shot shape is a slight draw. Worst miss is an occasional pull hook. Carry distance on a good hit, level ground, no wind is 235-240 yds. Run out depends on ground conditions but I'm usually out around 255-265yds, warm weather, flat ground and no wind. I have no oppurtunity to demo this shaft so I look forward to your thoughts.

What is your handicap:  12

What is your estimated swing speed:  105

How far do you hit your driver total distance:  270

How much of that is carry and how much run:  250 / 20

How far do you hit your 7 iron:  170

Are you a smooth or aggressive swinger:  Aggressive

What is your tempo like, slow, average or fast: Fast

What is your bad shot ie slice, push, pull, hook: Irons / Hook   Driver / Slice

How often does your bad shot happen: Every now and then

Any other info about your swing ie too much spin, steep down-blow, flat plane etc:  Steep down-blow on driver

What club are you currently using: 

Irons - VG3; Driver - JBeam 435 Blackout;  Wedges - Scratch; 3 wood - Callaway; Hybrid - TM;  Putter Scotty Cameron

What shaft and flex are you currently using:  Fuji Rombax 0507 XS

Please describe your current trajectory with this combo: Mid High Ball / Baby fade

What do you like or dislike about this combo: A little too stiff / not enough feel or kick

Which club did you want a shaft for ie driver, irons etc:  Driver please

What kind of trajectory are you looking or ie low, mid, high:   High

What kind of weight do you like ie light, average or heavy:  Light

What is your main goal, distance or control:  Distance

What else are you looking for in a shaft:  Feel + KICK!!  I enjoy feeling the shaft bend thru impact.  A lighter shaft (high 50g) is preferred.