Dynamic gold v NS pro 950gh

derek34

• 2 weeks later...

derek,

it all boils down to what suits your swing. its a case to case basis and testing and swing data alone will be insufficient when feel is taken outside the equation. i have a swing speed of about 110mph for the driver so i should be using a stiff in my irons as is indicated by the data yet i game regulars on my irons. i like the feel of the shaft kicking, others may find it soft but hell thats how i like em.

my personal experiences in the last 6 months has been interesting. have tried PX, PX HL, KBS TOUR, KBS TOUR 90, TOUR CONCEPTS and Nspro. although others may have different experiences, the nspro 950gh WF became my gamer after sampling all those shafts.

reason why i chose it is that it game be the longest distance and ball flight i desired while still having that crisp friendly nippon feel. for short its damn friendly, all of the other brands i mentioned were too boardy and harsh feeling. others may call it another name but thats just me. Even the kbs which is supposed to be the new gold standard could not get me satisfied.

like i said this is just me and others may have another brand of preference. best game both and see what you like, you can always sell the one you dont game. it will cost you some greenback down the road but worth it if you value peace of mind. good luck

• 5 weeks later...

derek,

it all boils down to what suits your swing. its a case to case basis and testing and swing data alone will be insufficient when feel is taken outside the equation. i have a swing speed of about 110mph for the driver so i should be using a stiff in my irons as is indicated by the data yet i game regulars on my irons. i like the feel of the shaft kicking, others may find it soft but hell thats how i like em.

Good input on using softer than recommended shafts. I even softstepped my 950gh which lengthened them to American Standard. Although I envy a bit more distance, the feel, kick and flight are perfect for me. I toyed with going graphite but will try 900xh shafts in my new R7 Forged heads to sample a lower weight and still get that Nippon smoothness.

sorry double post

Edited by Takasumi

• 4 months later...

It would depend on your swing and your golfing conditions. If you would like a more control with a penetrating ball flight and windier conditions, go with the DG. If you have accurate shots and wanted higher ball flight for more distance and wind is not a factor, go with the NSPRO.

It would depend on your swing and your golfing conditions. If you would like a more control with a penetrating ball flight and windier conditions, go with the DG. If you have accurate shots and wanted higher ball flight for more distance and wind is not a factor, go with the NSPRO.

couldnt have been better said. :atsg_logo_anim:

• 5 months later...

Why not try the middle road.... KBS Tour shafts weight wise fit between the DG and the NS Pro and according to a recent Japanese golf magazine article the trajectory of the KBS is flatter than the DG and NS Pro but reaches a similar apex height to the NS Pro. I had the same dilemma when it came to choosing shafts and after 7 launch monitor sessions and testing all three shafts side by side... I went with the KBS Tour because it had the feel of a NS Pro but the solid weight and trajectory of DG.

I hope this helps :)

Why not try the middle road.... KBS Tour shafts weight wise fit between the DG and the NS Pro and according to a recent Japanese golf magazine article the trajectory of the KBS is flatter than the DG and NS Pro but reaches a similar apex height to the NS Pro. I had the same dilemma when it came to choosing shafts and after 7 launch monitor sessions and testing all three shafts side by side... I went with the KBS Tour because it had the feel of a NS Pro but the solid weight and trajectory of DG.

I hope this helps :)

actually your comments are spot on but i would have to disagree on the feel aspect based on my personal

experiences. Feel is subjective, i actually loved the flight of the kbs with the exception of the feel. i found

it to be boardy, ( i am the minority ) most of my friends actually love the kbs. have been an nspro users for

the last 3 years and i have yet found a shaft that will compete with the feel of the nspro. it may not be the

perfect shaft if your looking for an angry lower trajectory but they have heavier lower launching models

such as the sp blue. NP has also launched the modus 3 shafts in the usa, im very excited to try those ones

having tried their protos but found them heavy at 130+

i have just departed from nspro this came about from my injury and am playing golf again but have made

a lot of swing changes, i have a flatter swing now , never liked the dgs but they are really working now.

nothing has changed but my swing and that has changed the way i look at this shaft now. so in order

of preference i still like the NSPRO, DG then kbs a distant 3rd. just waiting til i can get my hands on those

modus 3s!