Epon 210KGX wedge In Hand Images!

Interesting wedge its a blend of the 208KGX and old Hi-CG wedge from years back. It's compact, very rounded. Top line is just the right size as well.

027kjk.jpg

029rtr.jpg

073.jpg

035tyt.jpg

the images do not give justice on how the wedge looks in person. the club has an almost two tone finish a combination of brushed satin and bead blasting. i sure would have liked the epon 502/302 irons to have this finish.

These are SWEET but I wish they had the old grooves (I'm sure they do not), hate the new ones and will stick to "old stock"...BB

Yea it is a bummer but from here on out the old grooves will become more scarce over time.

I'm with you on liking more spin vs less.

When and where can I buy? How much?

Can I get lighter head weights and lower effective bounce (like 52/8, 56/10, 60/5)?

They do look good!!!

sorry the bounces are as is and the heads have a tolerance of about +/- 1 gram .

@TSG'er whats your take on the supposedly laser hardening on the shoulder to increase spin? based on the litreature on the blog, RPM is about the same as the 208kgx.??

I've added the 210KGX to the shop for those who are interested. Please email me if you want to purchase as they cannot be checked out through the pro shop. I can help those who need recommendations on shafts or specs.

• 3 weeks later...

have about 2 weeks with the new wedges. i find them to be a significant improvement over the

208kgx in every department except the grooves. given that these are conforming grooves

having less spin was expected. but id choose less spin any day for added ease of use, playability,

multi bounce grind etc etc.

my problem with the 208kgx is that it was difficult to open the face, especially on tight lies, this one

is a vast improvement. because of the grind, you can basically open the club and the leading edge is

still flush on the ground. not the case with the 208.the overall shape is also longer heel to toe compared

to the 208. very forgiving.

i was still able to stop the ball but had to give allowance to the lesser bite, couple of rounds and its no biggie

for me. i tested it off the rough and this is where bite is reduced, i would say noticeable but not that bad that

it becomes a hindrance it my decision to game or not to game. i did not game the 208kgx due to it being a tad

unfriendly but these i choose to game and has kicked out my shinagawas which i have gamed for almost 3 years.

hopefully more members will see the benefits of this wedge and post their own comments here.

have about 2 weeks with the new wedges. i find them to be a significant improvement over the

208kgx in every department except the grooves. given that these are conforming grooves

having less spin was expected. but id choose less spin any day for added ease of use, playability,

multi bounce grind etc etc.

my problem with the 208kgx is that it was difficult to open the face, especially on tight lies, this one

is a vast improvement. because of the grind, you can basically open the club and the leading edge is

still flush on the ground. not the case with the 208.the overall shape is also longer heel to toe compared

to the 208. very forgiving.

i was still able to stop the ball but had to give allowance to the lesser bite, couple of rounds and its no biggie

for me. i tested it off the rough and this is where bite is reduced, i would say noticeable but not that bad that

it becomes a hindrance it my decision to game or not to game. i did not game the 208kgx due to it being a tad

unfriendly but these i choose to game and has kicked out my shinagawas which i have gamed for almost 3 years.

hopefully more members will see the benefits of this wedge and post their own comments here.

Great Feedback Spoon!

Besides the ability to open the face easier what do you think about forgiveness, that was the main gripe of most with the 208.

Great Feedback Spoon!

Besides the ability to open the face easier what do you think about forgiveness, that was the main gripe of most with the 208.

it is very forgiving. probably the most forgiving muscleback style wedge i have hit. like i said it is a significant improvement over the 208 in every department minus the grooves. i had a friend that tried this wedge and he is so impressed, he used the aw and sw of the 701 and may switch to these( never a fan of the 208)

i guess epon listened to all those comments about the forgiveness of the 208. did i also mention the wedge looks stunning in person? almost seems to have a two tone brushed satin finish. i do hope epon had this finish out on their af irons.

only wedge that can outdo this for me is a non conforming version of the 210. that would be the wedge to have!

• 1 month later...

it is very forgiving. probably the most forgiving muscleback style wedge i have hit. like i said it is a significant improvement over the 208 in every department minus the grooves. i had a friend that tried this wedge and he is so impressed, he used the aw and sw of the 701 and may switch to these( never a fan of the 208)

i guess epon listened to all those comments about the forgiveness of the 208. did i also mention the wedge looks stunning in person? almost seems to have a two tone brushed satin finish. i do hope epon had this finish out on their af irons.

only wedge that can outdo this for me is a non conforming version of the 210. that would be the wedge to have!

Ima a fan of the 208s I just p/u a set for my brother. I was interested in this wedge but not to much feedback... only 2 posted.... so i stuck w/the 208... I've had the best shots of my life w/that wedge, and my first set is still pulling the ball back 5 feet over 2 years now... I love the gold.... after 3 years the tarnished gold/copper is the only color i want to look down at when hitting the ball.

Plenty confidence. I only hope to hear more on this one...

Edited by xchangmanx

If you can handle the 208's you will love the 210's. Once dialed in it's near perfect in performance. I don't see the grooves being a problem the spin is actually pretty good on these.