X-Blade AirMuscle

dadriver

Mine just arrived a few days ago. Comparing it with my bench mark, PRGR Zoom 200i, 19* with graphite shaft. against the AM, 18* with NS-pro S shaft. Off the tee, I am getting more distance from the AM, partly due to rolls. Particularly useful in windy conditions with its boring flight. Advantage, AM. Off the deck, the Zoom is more forgiving and has a higher flight. Probably due to one degree of loft and lower CG from the tungsten inserts. Advantage, Zoom. Appearance wise, advantage, AM. It looks even better than the pictures. So overall, I will give the upper hand to the AM. Since I have only 2 wedges in my bag, I am keeping my 5 wood in the bag for shots requiring a higher trajectory. I will use the AM more as part of my experiment for course management. On short par 4's, non reachable par 5's and holes with fairway bunkers in my driver's distance. This is just my observation for a couple of rounds, so it is still inconclusive.

Albert

I've got mine last week in a #2 Project X 5.5 shaft from Chris. I' also have #3 in NS950 which I'm selling because it's too short to fill betwenn 3 and 7 wood and shaft is too soft for me. I've played couple of rounds with the new #2 and so far I'm in bliss. I've stuck it close to pin each time I've used it. Feels very solid and satisfying when hit. Feels sort of like my MR-23 Blades except it's more solid where as MR-23 is more sensitive with lighter, crisper feel good for working the ball. I feel more confident with this club as a driving iron off the tee because it's much more forgiving then my MR-23 Blades in that even when hit off center it still feels solid and I get good accuracy and distance. I've had PRGR 200i and I couldn't make this club work for me. Perhaps it was the stock stiff graphite shaft on PRGR 200i but it was not accurate and ball trajectory was too high for my taste. I prefer using the #2 AM over my MR-23 5 wood because of accuracy with just about the same distance. So, this #2 AM will happily stay in my bag. I love this Rifle Project X 5.5. I think I will replace my stock X-100s in my MR-23 Blades with it. Anybody know good dels with Pojrect X 5.5s?

Thanks for the update. We've been dying to hear more about these things.

So, let me get this straight...you play a 7-wood, #2 AirMuscle, and then a 3-wood? That's kind of unique? Why not replace the 7-wood with the #3 AirMuscle? Is there something in the ball flight of the #3 that doesn't meet expections the way you 7-wood does?

Also, what is the ballflight like for both #3 and #2? Flat piercing or high with soft decent?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Da, I finally got my air muscle yesterday. It looks really sweet. I've only hit a few balls into the back of Ari's couch but it feels really nice. It's a lot smaller heel to toe than the FOURTEEN, which I really like. There is almost no offset, and the club sets up like an iron. Looking down on it from address, the topline reminds me of the Big Bertha for some reason, but then it has the that thing sticking out at the bottom, which really inspires confidence. The topline is rolled which makes it look a lot thinner than it really is. Hitting the ball into the back of the couch, it feels pretty pure. I'll put it to the test this weekend at Pacific Dunes and will post pics later on. In my book as far as looks go I would rate it a 9.5, leaving room, cause there's alway somthing better.

I went into a shop here in Las Vegas to get a box for a shaft and was shocked to see a bag with 3 X-blade AMs as well as a set of X-Blade CBs. I asked about the F/UT and he had one on hold also.

I thought the AM was the best looking driving iron I have ever seen. I was going to hit it but didn't have time.

May we ask how much you paid for the AM?

Didier

I went into a shop here in Las Vegas to get a box for a shaft and was shocked to see a bag with 3 X-blade AMs as well as a set of X-Blade CBs.  I asked about the F/UT and he had one on hold also.

I thought the AM was the best looking driving iron I have ever seen.  I was going to hit it but didn't have time.

Here are my initial reactions to the 2 iron 18* with DGS200. The head is definately not as long in the toe as the fourteen or SYB hybrids. The sole is flat and not rounded like the others. There is very little offset compared to either of the other known hybrids. The length is what I like about the airmuscle the most, its the same length as a standard x-blade 2 iron.

I only had a chance to hit the club into a net, so no ballflight comparisons yet. The feel off the face was that of the fli-hi, but not as explosive and more solid feeling. It was hard to tell where I was hitting the ball on the face, so I assume its going to be pretty forgiving. I think I'm going to hold off on ballfight comparisons right now because I think the lie angle is a little flat for me, as I need at least 1* to 2* upright.

Here are my initial reactions to the 2 iron 18* with DGS200. The head is definately not as long in the toe as the fourteen or SYB hybrids. The sole is flat and not rounded like the others. There is very little offset compared to either of the other known hybrids. The length is what I like about the airmuscle the most, its the same length as a standard x-blade 2 iron.  

I only had a chance to hit the club into a net, so no ballflight comparisons yet. The feel off the face was that of the fli-hi, but not as explosive and more solid feeling. It was hard to tell where I was hitting the ball on the face, so I assume its going to be pretty forgiving. I think I'm going to hold off on ballfight comparisons right now because I think the lie angle is a little flat for me, as I need at least 1* to 2* upright.

I'm not sure how long the standard x-blade 2 iron is, but my xblade with the s200, is shorter or maybe the same length as my 3 iron. I'm reshafting anyway. As for the lie why not just make it longer, thus changing the effective lie angle? I will probably make it 40" which is what I usually have for my 2 iron length.

I'm not sure how long the standard x-blade 2 iron is, but my xblade with the s200, is shorter or maybe the same length as my 3 iron. I'm reshafting anyway. As for the lie why not just make it longer, thus changing the effective lie angle? I will probably make it 40" which is what I usually have for my 2 iron length.

Standard x-blade length is 1/2" shorter than titleist standard. But, I'm used to it since I have a set of x-blades.