jdm h huge 7 iron a thon..,

supo

i picked up some new epon sets a cpl of weeks ago and my bud has been dying for a hit with them since i got them, .

its 36* in tokyo town all week and just horrendously oppressive!

we decided to go to the range a cpl of nighs ago before we allowed ourselves to get comfortably numb consuming copious amount of asahi super dry & grapefruit chu hi's watching the gorgeous J - girls parade around Akasaka ,so instead of taking full bags we take the 7irons to chek out the -likes-dislike off all our sets. just for something a little differnt

the combatants were

epon 302---ns 950 s

epon af-tour--kbs tour s

kyoei v muscle--ns1050x

fourteeen tc 1000--ns950s

tour stage 901--ns950s

nizing prototype.--dg s300

miura cb1006--dg s300

yururi flatback.---dg s400

TM tpforged--ns950s

bearing in mind this wasnt an exercise in maker vs maker, more , a desire to see if there was anything we have that jumped off the page by only hitting the 7 iron in uinison and what conditions each iron set would suit best.

heres what we thought discussed over the afformentioned chu hi frenzios that followed.............,

KYOEI v muscle ........,

this was a very stable very direct club. the feedback is fantastic u know if u middle it or if u dont immediatly . there was however a noticeable loss of disatnce on non centered shots and a small loss of feel. workability these are outstanding. middled shots are awsome. not super soft not rock like beautiful iron. comp play springs to mind.

TM tp.....,

A very soft palyers iron, workability better than the other non blade irons ,distance good ,feel superb. non centered shots werent overly penal, and centered felt brilliant . they have a smaller head than most cavities . excellent club. performance springs to mind here.

YURURI flatback.......,

tiny head. the smallest offering by a way. quite daunting to look at if ur not used to them. workability just rediculous. easily the most workable . centered shots just pure. miss hits very penal . there is a huge distance loss and direction loss on bad shots . but when u get them clean whoa dragon! .trajectoy mid high.. higher than expected against the others which surprised me. old world charm is my menatl piccy of these. good iron palyers only need apply theres no respite.

EPON AF TOUR....

the softest blade, by a long way. good distance and good trajectory mid low. fora blade off centerd shtos wernt overly penal, and centered .......well. perfect! .....,workability is excellent the best blade. (btw the kbs tour in them are awsome .., tks eponfreak) shoot the lights out is how id descibe these.

TOUR STAGE 901.....,

very small head super thin sole ,the thinest by a long way. these we decided are the best for wind play. the trajectory is LOW very low, workability sensational. u tend to err towards an extra club with these bec of their size...., feel is very good not as soft as the epon, but very good for a specific round. links golf springs immediatly to mind .

MIURA cb1006.......

,straight lined at address flat sole base. the squarest looking club. , feel is solid def not soft like butter. trajectory mid. distance very good. maybe the longest. moveability very good , they are easy to control with out gettitng super snap/ slice tastic. solid every day club . if i cud have one set only and it was these, they would do perfectly. no complaint or longing for another set. i didnt think they were best feeling not the worst. solid sums these up prefectly.

NIZING proto...,

my japanese clubmakers own design , like the miura a more solid feeling at impact. lovely to look at simple effective design , i think made for mid handicappers . moveability good , but off centered shots were quite penal. good distance. surprised he didnt make a lot more of these the look alone wud sell. cost efffective simplicity springs to mind.

FOURTEEN tc 1000...,

i wrote i wasnt overly mad on these not long ago. but in this co and as a comapre contrast exercise these were my biggest surprise. very light mid high flight , moveability ok. quite a soft feel ., at address the look a bit thicker on the top line and an ever so slightly larger head. these were so impressive this time i aint selling em any more. every day springs to mind.

EPON 302.......,

although this was not the object of the exercise, (we were looking to see exctly what we cud do with the same no. iron not do a "vs" thing ) there emerged a very "clear winner "

these are just sensational. the softest sweetest club., the trajectory, the distance the stability just perfect. workability fine without being too stong, off centered shots were rewared the most . distance very good. and simply beautiful to look at. the best looking design and at address. not square not round. head size not big or small the tiniest offest noticeable. the feel, omgod. nothing comes close. absolute perfection springs to mind. and i havnt played them yet, that joy comes tomorrow.

Thanks for post. Interesting reading.

Thanks very much for the deep insight: