Titleist VG3 Forged Irons (JAPAN ONLY)

• 1 month later...

It's very Japanesey, In the U.S they tend to gravitate toward a square toe, In Japan as you can see they like to taper it off near the top and have the bottom a bit wider. What this does is provide a lower COG making the club more forgiving.

Like seeside golfer, I'm not excited about the cavity design but It's forged and has a thick top line and decent amount of offset which i like.

• 2 weeks later...

After receiving the VG3 and seeing how good it looked I decided to walk over to the range and hit a few and snap some pics in the back yard...

I am very impressed and I will tell you now I like this iron a lot. It's very well made and finished, typical Endo, the cavity and back face look awesome. I'm not a fan of the mirror finish on the back face but thankfully the top line, sole and face are very very nice milky satin.

Once again Titleist Japan worked with Titleist USA and it shows because the offset is just right on this iron. This iron will appeal to the better player as it sets up well, very balanced and pleasing look. The top line is a little wider than say the V Forged or ONOFF Plus but it doesn't ruin the look, it still sets up great.

Sorry I couldn't wait to post on the blog as I got so excited over these... I may have to order a set as the graphite Motore 60i is a great match. I have both 950GH and Motore 60i here and I really like the lightweight of the graphite, which turns this into a performance iron with awesome feel.

Pics here before the blog!

post-8383-018225900 1284094312.jpg

• 1 month later...

Great looking iron. I am curious with the head size. What would they compare with? I have the JPX E 600 forged irons now and would like to know if about the same size or which one is larger, smaller.etc.

Great looking iron. I am curious with the head size. What would they compare with? I have the JPX E 600 forged irons now and would like to know if about the same size or which one is larger, smaller.etc.

VG3 vs E600 Forged

VG3 has less offset, top line about the same, thinner sole, shorter face length... overall smaller.

Just as forgiving and just as good feeling if not better.

VG3 vs E600 Forged

VG3 has less offset, top line about the same, thinner sole, shorter face length... overall smaller.

These visually and by description seem similar to the mizuno JPX 800 Pro. The lofts on the VG3's are super strong. Comparatively the VG3 5-pw given the lofts are more like a 4-9 iron set up

VG3 vs E600 Forged

Size wise how do these compare to the Mizuno JPX 800 Pro? Can the lofts be made weaker at the factory?

Steve I have no idea what the JPX 800 Pro even looks like. It's not a Japanese model.

The VG3 is available for customization directly from Titleist Japan including loft, lie, shafts and lengths.

• 4 months later...

Chris-

I bought a set of these from you guys...they came fast less than two weeks for a superhot iron.

What shaft diameter do these take .370 or .355?

Thinking Nippon 1050 or KB's switching out from DG200's

Rumor is .370 but i dont want to spend the money to get the wrong shaft

thx.

I would assume they are .355. I've had these reshafted, and will ask what tip size was used.

Thanks!

My clubmaker said they fit .355 tip.

What shaft are you installing into them?

thinking nippon 1050's

thinking nippon 1050's

Although, the lofts are strong, the ball flight is high therefore a heavier shaft may assist on a mid height flight if that is your game.

Edited by ukok

Although, the lofts are strong, the ball flight is high therefore a heavier shaft may assist on a mid height flight if that is your game.

I do hit them high but have been able to control it pretty well by hitting 3/4 punch shots. I have the s200's in them and like the feel of Nippon or KBS better.

Can any one tell me how these irons compare to the second series AP2 irons i have now?

As these look sweet

Can any one tell me how these irons compare to the second series AP2 irons i have now?

As these look sweet

I can only give a direct comparison with an AP2 7 iron which was being used as a test club in the bay next to me at the driving range. The size of

the heads are similar although the VG3 looks bigger which I think is down to the chrome finish. The VG3 was noticeably longer with superior (forged) feel

and forgiveness. The AP2 felt dead by comparison. I am not saying the AP2 is a bad club in fact it was one of the best I was testing but if you like the AP2's

you will like the VG3's even more.

I can only give a direct comparison with an AP2 7 iron which was being used as a test club in the bay next to me at the driving range. The size of

the heads are similar although the VG3 looks bigger which I think is down to the chrome finish. The VG3 was noticeably longer with superior (forged) feel

and forgiveness. The AP2 felt dead by comparison. I am not saying the AP2 is a bad club in fact it was one of the best I was testing but if you like the AP2's

you will like the VG3's even more.

Thanks for that 'ukok' I must admit they do look good and i was interested to see you say they where a longer iron than the AP2's I have never been a fan of a lot of offset even though i do see the benefits for the right player. are the a club you found you could work the ball both ways with or does the amount of offset prevent this.

Sorry to be apain but JDM gear is pulling me in..

Off to golf now!!!!

Thanks

Thanks for that 'ukok' I must admit they do look good and i was interested to see you say they where a longer iron than the AP2's I have never been a fan of a lot of offset even though i do see the benefits for the right player. are the a club you found you could work the ball both ways with or does the amount of offset prevent this.

Sorry to be apain but JDM gear is pulling me in..

Off to golf now!!!!

Thanks

Hell?, what does that second to last sentence say??????? Sorry. Are they Playable???