I was all set on getting an ipad however after seriously thinking about it, the ipad is an awesome gadget but has its limitations for what I need it to do.

I need a machine to take on the road and oveseas and still be able to do all my duties for work including managing the site, store and server as well as the blog and running photoshop and dreamweaver, dealing with customers etc.

I came to the conclusion I would be better off going with the 8" Sony Vaio P series as replying to 60 emails a day on the ipad seemed daunting.

The P Series features a powerful Atom Z560 processor (2.13ghz) and a silent 256gb solid state drive.

The screen is also a huge 1600 x 768 which is crazy for 8".

The P series also features wimax and 3g as well as gps and all the usual bluetooth and bgn.

One amazing point is its weight 595g for a laptop capable of running windows 7 and pretty much any windows app (it can run OSX and Linux too of course)

Lower base models are on par cost wise with the ipad.... it's so hard to pull the trigger here in Japan with so many toys... gonna drop by Yodobashi tomorrow.

post-8383-063880800 1281420925.jpg