80690.jpeg

Looking for a bad ass TV? I have my eyes on the new LX900 by Sony. I currently have a Samsung & Sony, and the picture quality is better in the sony although the TV cost me a grand more.

This sony uses LCD combined with LED technology. It features full JD 3d and comes with a pair of glasses.

More Features:

Integrated Full HD 3D – just put on the specially designed shutter glasses supplied with your TV and journey into an amazing Full High Definition 3D experience that puts you straight into the heart of incredible life-like 3D action

BRAVIA Internet Video – connect your TV directly to the Internet to access online services, stream full-screen videos and watch the programmes you missed on catch-up TV (available services subject to country)

BRAVIA Internet Widgets – download handy online widgets to your TV to help you keep up-to-date with news from your favourite websites while you watch TV

Wi-Fi Integrated – easily connect to your wireless home network without the clutter of cables

Motionflow 200Hz PRO with Image Blur Reduction – enjoy the smoothest, fast-moving sports and movie action scenes with four times the number of images than conventional 50Hz TVs and innovative backlight blinking for a more cinematic feel

Edge LED backlighting – experience enhanced colour intensity with GigaContrast for the whitest whites and blackest blacks within the same frame; this innovative backlight technology also delivers thinner screens and saves energy

Intelligent Presence Sensor – smart technology detects faces and motion so if you leave the room or stop watching while in front of the TV the picture turns off automatically after a set time and only turns on when you return or start to watch again

Minimalistic Monolithic Design – give your room a unique style and sense of space with an elegant, flush screen surface which enhances the viewing experience and looks stunning even when the picture is off

Full HD 1080 – watch sports, movies and games in superb High Definition detail with a 1920 x 1080 pixel picture resolution

OptiContrast Panel – enjoy a spectacular, ultra-clear cinematic picture with an incredibly high contrast, detailed black tones and true sense of depth; the low reflective surface minimises glare and adds an impressive presence even when the TV is off

Nice! Or if you want pure plasma greatness, you might be able to find a Pioneer Kuro Elite Signature series on ebay for a good price. Discontinued because Pioneer stopped making plasmas, but still, the highest rated TV ever made. I have one and it's incredible! Highly recommended.

Nice! Or if you want pure plasma greatness, you might be able to find a Pioneer Kuro Elite Signature series on ebay for a good price. Discontinued because Pioneer stopped making plasmas, but still, the highest rated TV ever made. I have one and it's incredible! Highly recommended.

Yup Kuro was awesome and prices are very solid now days, I remember when the Kuro cost a fortune. I have some experience with it, For me that TV was all about the quality of black right out of the box. I wanted to match the Kuro's black on my samsung LCD and succeeded with a couple rounds of calibration from a geek squad friend that had the software and hardware to do so.

IMO what really puts the latest TV's out front is the refresh rate, almost makes blue ray look so real it appears fake if that makes sense. Another feature is how thin the TV's are now and the 3-D features.

Also its really tuff to rate TV's based on what you see at best buy or fry's as the standard settings are cranked up for brightness, contrast, and sharpness. In the end I really suggest calibration as it improves black's big time and your TV will use much less energy and extend its lifetime.

Oh ya, ISF calibration is huge! I don't know if I like the 240 refresh rate stuff. Movies are supposed to be at 24p, to make it seems like well.... not real life. When I take that away, it feels like home video and you don't seem to be put in another world the same way. I hear ya, but I don't know...

So is the Sony considered the best of the best?

It's hard to get a handle on that these days, and I need to get one for my brother.

It's really hard to say what's the best. I honestly feel that sony is one of if not the best. I have always been satisfied with sony products for a longer period of time vs Samsung. It's a bit pricey but worth it in the long run.

Oh ya, ISF calibration is huge! I don't know if I like the 240 refresh rate stuff. Movies are supposed to be at 24p, to make it seems like well.... not real life. When I take that away, it feels like home video and you don't seem to be put in another world the same way. I hear ya, but I don't know...

Yes Mr.D I totally feel ya the new rates make everything look fake just as you say. Do you know if this is something that can be changed through calibration?

• 4 weeks later...

It's really hard to say what's the best. I honestly feel that sony is one of if not the best. I have always been satisfied with sony products for a longer period of time vs Samsung. It's a bit pricey but worth it in the long run.

Yes Mr.D I totally feel ya the new rates make everything look fake just as you say. Do you know if this is something that can be changed through calibration?

I keep hearing that Panasonic makes the best Plasma. I have been looking at their 65 inch without 3D. The 3D is just to new for me and probably has bugs to work out like a new model car or am I completly wrong?

• 3 months later...

It's nice Review. I am thankful to TourSpecGolfer for giving a review. It's a very informative post. It have a nice feature especially I like the Blur ReductionIntelligent as well Presence Sensor technology. I am very impressed with it. I think you are interested person on this type of electronic items.

translation companies

Edited by cherylfoster

• 4 weeks later...

Pioneer "Signature" Kuro Elite is still the best TV ever made, period. You can get them on ebay for decent prices.

Other than that, the Panasonic VT25 series are the best overall TV's. I have the 54" and it's very close to the Pioneer. The 3D works very well, actually.

• 2 weeks later...