Slight reverse C ok?

primo

So in my mission to become Vijay, and molding my swing to look as much like his as I can make it, I realize now that I've developed somewhat of a reverse C. It's not bad, I'm definitely shifting my weight to my left with my hips, but in order to maintain my spine angle through impact I've developed somewhat of a reverse C. Like I said it's not bad where my weight is back or anything like that, I'm definitely shifting my weight through with my hips, and my hips are clear before impact which give me plenty of room to come through with the club, just after impact I don't always end up upright. So then I studied Vijay again and noticed he does pretty much the same thing. Then of course there is the king of reverse C Palmer. Is the the reverse C not nearly as bad a problem as people make it out to be?

I'm not expert, but if I follow you, your "slight" reverse C might not be so detrimental. What benefits are you trying to gain with it though? When my reverse C rears it's bastardly head, my weight is all back and it's a gamble where my tee shot goes. I normally don't have this problem with irons, just the big dawg.

I'm not expert, but if I follow you, your "slight" reverse C might not be so detrimental.  What benefits are you trying to gain with it though?  When my reverse C rears it's bastardly head, my weight is all back and it's a gamble where my tee shot goes.  I normally don't have this problem with irons, just the big dawg.

Actually I don't notice it at all with the driver. I swing so hard with the driver that my momentum carries me to an upright position. sometimes I'll lose my balance and get whipped around, but the ball is long gone by that time. It's not that I am trying to gain some benifits from it, I just noticed that it's there.

The biggest problem I can see with having a reverse C is the back problems it can cause . Use to have one a slight one and my back was always in pain , once I got rid of the reverse C ( as much as possible :) )

my back problems went away .

That happened to me , don't know if that will happen to you primo , but it is something you have to watch for .

The biggest problem I can see with having a reverse C is the back problems it can cause . Use to have one a slight one and my back was always in pain , once I got rid of the reverse C ( as much as possible  :)  )

That happened to me , don't know if that will happen to you primo , but it is something you have to watch for .

Have to agree with Mike on this. I've gone to a more upright finish and my back thanks me for it after every round. I've had back problems all my competitive life so anything that alleviates the problem is welcome. This is supposed to be a lifetime sport, is it not?

• 3 weeks later...
The biggest problem I can see with having a reverse C is the back problems it can cause . Use to have one a slight one and my back was always in pain , once I got rid of the reverse C ( as much as possible :) )

Have to agree with Mike on this. I've gone to a more upright finish and my back thanks me for it after every round. I've had back problems all my competitive life so anything that alleviates the problem is welcome. This is supposed to be a lifetime sport, is it not?

Yes it is and the biggest problems I have seen from the people I play with are bad backs . Most of them also have a reverse C finish . Plus they never warm up and never go to the gym and work out .

If you want this to be a lifetime sport get rid of the reverse C , warm up before you play and get in the gym . Has done wonders for me in just the last 2 months.