AF 202 or New Egg Spoon ???

Randyman

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which is a better FW ?

I'm looking to buy a new 15 degree FW to put in my Crazy 80 FW shaft.

And now i'm having a hardtime making decision between Epon AF202 and New PRGR Egg Spoon.

So i kinda wonder if anyone could give me some more information or comparison to help me pick my new FW between these 2.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking to buy a new 15 degree FW to put in my Crazy 80 FW shaft.

And now i'm having a hardtime making decision between Epon AF202 and New PRGR Egg Spoon.

So i kinda wonder if anyone could give me some more information or comparison to help me pick my new FW between these 2.

Hopefully Spoon sees this & chimes in later when he's up & about. I know he's hit the 202HT & new Egg Spoon.

well i own both. for the 15 degree its actually a toss up.

spoon: slightly longer, more beautiful radical shape,

202HT: easier to pick up ball, shallower, more solid feel

it will be a tough one the spoon is a big improvement over the older model. had it been a choice for old spoon and HT id choose

the HT but current model egg spoon and HT it will be a toss up. i find the HT easier to pick up the ball, has a higher ball flight and

is that more forgiving. the Egg is not far behind in the ease department but it is longer. not much though. if you are a good wood

player then get the egg. if you want that extra forgiveness get the 202.

my dad was in the same dilemma, he choose the 202 as its more forgiving.

now a choice between a 202 ht and 17 egg spoon. i will choose the 17 egg in a heartbeat

I picked the egg, I found it easier to hit and more forgiving based on it's design and I preferred the feel and sound and swoosh it makes.

If you do go with the Epon it has to be the HT model as its much better than the standard model.

I picked the egg, I found it easier to hit and more forgiving based on it's design and I preferred the feel and sound and swoosh it makes.

If you do go with the Epon it has to be the HT model as its much better than the standard model.

BIG , second that on the egg. i didnt like the epon , ll but i think that was bec the shaft i had in it wasnt for me.

off the fairway i cant possibly think of anything thats easier or more controlled to hit than the egg.

im still deliberating what the perfect driver repalcement tool is tho.

the sleekness of the face of the spoon sometimess freakes me out offf the tee. i try and turn everything over .

i like to see a bit more chunk at tee time bec my wandering mind like to belt the bejesus out of the ball and with the sleek spoon i top balls on occasions.

but to move it around and hit all ldiffernt shots NO other fairway wood off the deck is easier or more consistant than ive hit.

now ive just seen they have released the new model in 15*---17* woods ---18*- 5 wood ----21* 7 wood

i almost bought the whole range last night i was dribbling.!

and im going with the old 22* 9 wood as my ute it will be a litte longer than i want it for but i had a good look last night and it clicked. decision made.

BIG , second that on the egg. i didnt like the epon , ll but i think that was bec the shaft i had in it wasnt for me.

off the fairway i cant possibly think of anything thats easier or more controlled to hit than the egg.

im still deliberating what the perfect driver repalcement tool is tho.

the sleekness of the face of the spoon sometimess freakes me out offf the tee. i try and turn everything over .

i like to see a bit more chunk at tee time bec my wandering mind like to belt the bejesus out of the ball and with the sleek spoon i top balls on occasions.

but to move it around and hit all ldiffernt shots NO other fairway wood off the deck is easier or more consistant than ive hit.

now ive just seen they have released the new model in 15*---17* woods ---18*- 5 wood ----21* 7 wood

i almost bought the whole range last night i was dribbling.!

and im going with the old 22* 9 wood as my ute it will be a litte longer than i want it for but i had a good look last night and it clicked. decision made.

S, you should actually make the selection in the poll then. Show your love for the egg! (^_^)

So There's an unanimous answer ^.^

Btw, would the new Egg Spoon be fit in with my Crazy 80 FW shaft ?

As i seen most of the Egg Spoon px-03D user normally play with original shaft so i wonder if the head can go along with my Crazy 80 FW or not

i voted for the egg. i am actually going to sell my HT. i have had good use from it for over 6 months. love the egg, have a 17 coming my way( for dad) as well. and although i cant play golf i cant wait to get back on the saddle and get to know my spoon more

i voted for the egg. i am actually going to sell my HT. i have had good use from it for over 6 months. love the egg, have a 17 coming my way( for dad) as well. and although i cant play golf i cant wait to get back on the saddle and get to know my spoon more

im sure you become great friends!

So There's an unanimous answer ^.^

Btw, would the new Egg Spoon be fit in with my Crazy 80 FW shaft ?

As i seen most of the Egg Spoon px-03D user normally play with original shaft so i wonder if the head can go along with my Crazy 80 FW or not

i think this quote might answer ur question

Just as a quick update...

Anyone who wants my 15* Egg Spoon w/Crazy FW80 can have it for FREE!!!!

All you have to do is shoot me and pry it out of my cold dead fingers.....

love this quote ive plagerised J lots of times on this one.

i think this is pretty definitive.

i think this quote might answer ur question

Just as a quick update...

Anyone who wants my 15* Egg Spoon w/Crazy FW80 can have it for FREE!!!!

All you have to do is shoot me and pry it out of my cold dead fingers.....

love this quote ive plagerised J lots of times on this one.

i think this is pretty definitive.

Difinitely this quote is cleary answer my question hahaha

randy, cant take you seriously with that avatar. what is that?

I'm playing on my iphone4 and this is only pic that fit the limit size, actually this is a BD card from my sister

One more curios thing, Does the New Egg Spoon create such a big different in performance compare with the Old Egg Spoon? or just a better sound?

One more curios thing, Does the New Egg Spoon create such a big different in performance compare with the Old Egg Spoon? or just a better sound?

defintely shallower face which translates to easier use from the fairway. tried both and the new one is easier and sounds

better as well. as for distance i hit the new one longer since its easier to hit.

I just went to Golf Complex here in Bangkok a couple hours ago and the result that i find out is surprising me.

The price of PRGR Egg Spoon PX-03D is 620$ while Epon AF 202 HT is 485$ which is a quite diferrent amount of number especially compare with the price selling in both Japan and TSG proshop. I think it's probably depends on the importers and sell agents.

Aparently PRGR Egg Spoon that sell in Thailand has only one flex which is M40 that kinda bit to weak from me even know i'm going to repair the original shaft with my Crazy 80 but it's still kinda waste money to buy something that i can't even hit.

So right now i'm having a hard time making decision since i wanna go for the New Egg Spoon but look from my point of view the condition here in Thailand the price and worthwhileness is tend towards the AF202 more than the Egg Spoon in every way.

So what do you guys think? Should i pick the AF 202 HT instead or should i still stick with the New Egg Spoon?

Edited by Randyman

I just went to Golf Complex here in Bangkok a couple hours ago and the result that i find out is surprising me.

The price of PRGR Egg Spoon PX-03D is 620$ while Epon AF 202 HT is 485$ which is a quite diferrent amount of number especially compare with the price selling in both Japan and TSG proshop. I think it's probably depends on the importers and sell agents.

Aparently PRGR Egg Spoon that sell in Thailand has only one flex which is M40 that kinda bit to weak from me even know i'm going to repair the original shaft with my Crazy 80 but it's still kinda waste money to buy something that i can't even hit.

So right now i'm having a hard time making decision since i wanna go for the New Egg Spoon but look from my point of view the condition here in Thailand the price and worthwhileness is tend towards the AF202 more than the Egg Spoon in every way.

So what do you guys think? Should i pick the AF 202 HT instead or should i still stick with the New Egg Spoon?

why dont you just buy it in TSG? i think its under $500 now. you easily save $120. or you can pay for a custom upgrade but be prepared to wait. i say stick to the egg spoon. will be worth the wait. or if you know anyone in japan you can have them find you a used one, there are some around if your lucky that is.

i too got mine in m40. too soft for me as well and i was prepared to suck up the loss of the shaft and invest in a better one. it all worked out though as my dad is getting a 17 with the shaft i like. and he finds the m40 perfect so a swap of shafts and everyone happy.

• 1 month later...

Im really happy with the Epon 202HT as to be expected with Epon they feel ultra solid at impact its easy to hit looks amazing. i havent hit the egg but is hard to imagine it would be that much better and i prefer the classic look and soft feel of the Epon , huge improvement on the 201. however you could stick the Crazy in just about anything and it would perform!!

I feel the same way as Skipper. The PRGR has great reviews, in fact i havent seen a bad review on that fairway wood. But, the look of it will take some getting used to. If you want a high performance club with a classic look go with the Epon. The PRGR is good for getting the ball up in the air. You may hear it from your buddies at first, then they'll want to buy one for themselves after you smash it past them.

• 1 month later...

I feel the same way as Skipper. The PRGR has great reviews, in fact i havent seen a bad review on that fairway wood. But, the look of it will take some getting used to. If you want a high performance club with a classic look go with the Epon. The PRGR is good for getting the ball up in the air. You may hear it from your buddies at first, then they'll want to buy one for themselves after you smash it past them.

ive tired a ton of differnt shafts in both new and old eggs.

kali, a cpl of differnt flex quadras , cpl of oziks, steel, fubuki,stock,

all of them really really good shafts.

for what i want the egg for , long balls to par 5s the crazy fw 80 suits the new egg perfectly.

it takes out just a bit of the height u get (, you can also hit low shots with this ) , but for long chasing rolls , the quadra is best for this ive found.

i took the old egg 13* with a quadra 75s cut driver shaft and my new egg -crazy 15* to a brute of a links course on the central coast of NSW (magenta shores, god its just brutal!) and hardly used a driver.

the 13* i hit so low and piercing as a driver replacement and the 15* as the long ball to the green which i had to hit a LOT on par 4s. no problems at all. no balooning, no blowing off the course. these in tandem worked beautifully, the driver i just couldnt control into the cyclone. the eggs held thier own. the 13* was easily as long as my driver as well. it rolled for ever. that beauty has served its purpose for me ,no good in japan, no roll.

the new egg crazy combo, 2 thumbs up !

Not much roll in Brisbane at the moment Stew!!!!

Look forward to watching you win a few Yen off me in Spring!

pete

pete

mate im gonna stack the course and watch u sweat it out!

give me a few days heads up an as ill need to pre book it , just cant turn up here and play, usually need to get something on the book by tues that week or ill struggle.

mate i heard its moving down the coast. never seen anything like it.

that snow i was promsing is here in unbelievable amounts , its rediculous!

pete

Another Brisbane TSG-er here. Home course "The Brisbane Golf Club" was 3/4 submerged during recent floods - therefore not much chance to play all the new gear I've assembled and mentioned earlier in this thread!!!

Off to Barnbougle Dunes in Tasmania for 3 days in Feb - can't wait!