AF 202 or New Egg Spoon ???

Randyman

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which is a better FW ?

Indro is not much better DM. We aren't expecting to play until Mid Feb.

Send me a PM and we can catch up for a hit if the rain ever stops in Brisvegas!

Pete

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indro is not much better DM. We aren't expecting to play until Mid Feb.

Send me a PM and we can catch up for a hit if the rain ever stops in Brisvegas!

Pete

I live in St Lucia, so that's v do-able. Will do thx.

You guys are still killin me with all of this EGG Spoon talk, I want a 17* soooooooo bad :atsg_logo_anim:

BB theres none about mate, im trying to find one, hens teeth, if i can sourse one ill get it for ya

theres a lot of 18* and 15* but 17 was sold out in a heart beat.

ill put an order in and see if i cant get ya one.

After 6 months of hitting just about everything out there during the wandering...

Nothing can take the eggs out of the bag, and I have the old ones. I don't know how they

could have improved them. I have a friend I have to hide the spoon from, I swear he'd

try and make off with it.

After 6 months of hitting just about everything out there during the wandering...

Nothing can take the eggs out of the bag, and I have the old ones. I don't know how they

could have improved them. I have a friend I have to hide the spoon from, I swear he'd

the main diffs are , the sound, that "ting" has gone replaced by a more "normal" swoosh.

its more aerodynamic and i think its slightly higher launching a bit easier to get to land softly.

the feel is a bit more muted, distance wise, im pretty sure the old one is longer .

i think the new one is better of the fairway than the old one . easier to pick clean

the old one DEF better from a tee.

is it better over all?

, hmmmmmm im not 100% convinced it is. i love it i MUST have one available at all times esp in japan!

either one is good tho , it depends on what i need to do and which course.

im gonig to actually go the new 17* route. for a more fairway wood shot rather than a spoon shot.

the roy colls and my yamaha , i just hit too well form a tee.

im palying a lot more 3 woods of tees these days. and i prefer the traditional shapes better.form a tee

if i had to have just one egg and no rmore, id take the NEW 17* and play it with the crazy 80 fw.

after hitting a million of them last yr. thats my optimal egg.

For the boys who have re-shafted one of the new EGG Spoons can you please share with us the tip size? I'm getting very close to pulling the trigger and would like to hunt down a replacement shaft as well...thx! BB

Edited by BigBen

ok..., ok idrive,

WHAT are those sir.?????

Edited by supo67

OK it's official, I placed my order...17* Egg Spoon; M49 Inspec (very difficult to find specs but I did :tsg_smiley_rambo: ); 73gr's/3.4* torque. I requested 42.5'/D3 and haven't heard back from the boys yet but I'm making an educated guess (M49 73grs while M46 is only 63grs) and expecting the added weight will assist in nailing my target swingweight. If not I'm kinda diggin the white Winn Lite's (24grs'ish I believe); nice grip and helps a ton in the swingweight dept! Oh well the long wait begins, 4 wks is my guess...BB :tsg_smiley_us:

Edited by BigBen

OK it's official, I placed my order...17* Egg Spoon; M49 Inspec (very difficult to find specs but I did :tsg_smiley_rambo: ); 73gr's/3.4* torque. I requested 42.5'/D3 and haven't heard back from the boys yet but I'm making an educated guess (M49 73grs while M46 is only 63grs) and expecting the added weight will assist in nailing my target swingweight. If not I'm kinda diggin the white Winn Lite's (24grs'ish I believe); nice grip and helps a ton in the swingweight dept! Oh well the long wait begins, 4 wks is my guess...BB :tsg_smiley_us:

enjoy the club it will be worth the wait. I have a 17 with the oxik f6m2 and although its a tad light, feels better than the stock

shaft. great idea on using the winn lite( did not kow they made em that light) will defintely make your SW adjustments easier!

enjoy the club it will be worth the wait. I have a 17 with the oxik f6m2 and although its a tad light, feels better than the stock

shaft. great idea on using the winn lite( did not kow they made em that light) will defintely make your SW adjustments easier!

yup!

Thanks guys, not typically a Winn fan but gamed a few of these Lites last season for this very reason and was impressed, very tacky and firm feel. If you choose to try them remember NOT to wash them with soap and water, they recommend rubbing alcohol and it actually works quite well. If you must wipe them off during the round do not use a soaking wet towel as it takes a while for them to dry. All things considered still the best Winn grip available, adds 5 to 6 swingweight pts which is wonderful if you like D3/4 like I do...BB

Wanted to pass on an update, PRGR has indicated to Jacquelyn that no M49's will be offered. For me the next stop will be the Fubuki Ax 75 stiff, let's see how that bad boy works...BB

BB,

Were you able to order it to your desired length & SW or will you do the adjustments after market?

To update my previous post yes PRGR will honor my custom spec request, I'm sure the added weight of the Fubuki Ax F75 (76grs) helps. I'm really excited about this club, it's the most money I've ever spent on a fairway wood by far so let's hope she lives up to the hype!...BB

Edited by BigBen

To update my previous post yes PRGR will honor my custom spec request, I'm sure the added weight of the Fubuki Ax F75 (76grs) helps. I'm really excited about this club, it's the most money I've ever spent on a fairway wood by far so let's hope she lives up to the hype!...BB

when u see where the ball is, all ur concerns will be over.

I agree with supo! the egg is all that! just remember too tee the ball real low for off the tee hits.

i made the stupid mistake of teeing it higher. from address i knew something was wrong. was thinking

of sjyballing it , i pictured myself really doing it. i shrugged it off and just hit the damn thing.i dont know

why i did not lower the tee, i guess i was lazy. skyball is exactly what happened. my perfect, pristine egg

has a gash in the center. what the hell was i thinkin. havent sky balled a wood in years!!

on the fairway the egg is stellar no complains, i will just never ever use a tee again off the tee box!

I agree with supo! the egg is all that! just remember too tee the ball real low for off the tee hits.

i made the stupid mistake of teeing it higher. from address i knew something was wrong. was thinking

of sjyballing it , i pictured myself really doing it. i shrugged it off and just hit the damn thing.i dont know

why i did not lower the tee, i guess i was lazy. skyball is exactly what happened. my perfect, pristine egg

has a gash in the center. what the hell was i thinkin. havent sky balled a wood in years!!

on the fairway the egg is stellar no complains, i will just never ever use a tee again off the tee box!

hahahahahahahaha.........., i DID try and warn you.., many many times.

u skyed that f6m2.., im shattered!

lucky ur not in JP if that happens in my group its an IMMEDIATE sale of club.

hahahahahahahaha.........., i DID try and warn you.., many many times.

u skyed that f6m2.., im shattered!

lucky ur not in JP if that happens in my group its an IMMEDIATE sale of club.

yeah you did warn me, in fact most of my woods have tape on the lip of the crown to

prevent these from happening. as in all my woods. its the first wood i did not put this

precaution on and boom bang bing it happens. kinda demoralizing, i know its only cosmetic

but i feel my club was raped! dunno but it ruined my day. still pains me to think of what happened.

feel like selling the club and getting a new one:) oh well til the new egg comes out in a couple

of years!

yeah you did warn me, in fact most of my woods have tape on the lip of the crown to

prevent these from happening. as in all my woods. its the first wood i did not put this

precaution on and boom bang bing it happens. kinda demoralizing, i know its only cosmetic

but i feel my club was raped! dunno but it ruined my day. still pains me to think of what happened.

feel like selling the club and getting a new one:) oh well til the new egg comes out in a couple

of years!

Or trade it for a couple of those classic Yamaha wedges you've been looking for. I've got the

56 and 60.

Or trade it for a couple of those classic Yamaha wedges you've been looking for. I've got the

56 and 60.

hehe tempting but il keep the egg:)

wanna trade ? got some epon 208 kgx 60s in copper and black brand new.

all i need is the 56

of years!

Hey "C"

A paint job will make it look like new. No more pain....nothing but smiles and a worthy place in your bag.

Goodsie

Hey "C"

A paint job will make it look like new. No more pain....nothing but smiles and a worthy place in your bag.

Goodsie

yeah i will consider that down the road. and your right, all smilies and il have more respect for that good

for nothing club!