38 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you prefer Miura Giken 2006, Miura CB 501 or Epon AF 502

• Miura Giken 2006
    • Epon AF 502
    • Miura CB 501

I am curious to find out who wins. Thanks

Edited by gbs

I am curious to find out who wins. Thanks

only used the 502 out of those and love them, , ive seen the other miuras about but never considered them beceause the miuras look a lot harder to hit, the epons are a total joy and simple.

Edited by supo67

hmmmm too little votes... I am getting my hands on CB501 this avro for testing. Lets see will i vote for which one.

hmmmm too little votes... I am getting my hands on CB501 this avro for testing. Lets see will i vote for which one.

I own the 502's and love the way they feel. I have them for sell which I will probably regret but I bought the yamaha tour irons so something has to give. Wife was just wondering why I have four bags bags and their all full. Thank god she didn't look in my garage.

I own the 502's and love the way they feel. I have them for sell which I will probably regret but I bought the yamaha tour irons so something has to give. Wife was just wondering why I have four bags bags and their all full. Thank god she didn't look in my garage.

Trust me i have the same problem, i have RC irons, Epon 701s, GT forged, and 1/2 set of 502s i am not far off. I have way too many drivers and way too many wedges and way way too many putters. Lucky i have a secret store room. LOL

What do you think comparing to your TOUR V yamahas to the 502s?

Trust me i have the same problem, i have RC irons, Epon 701s, GT forged, and 1/2 set of 502s i am not far off. I have way too many drivers and way too many wedges and way way too many putters. Lucky i have a secret store room. LOL

What do you think comparing to your TOUR V yamahas to the 502s?

I should get my yamaha irons this week but my thoughts before I even get them is they are going to be smaller, less offset. but a thrill to hit. I will let you know once I get a chance to try them.

I should get my yamaha irons this week but my thoughts before I even get them is they are going to be smaller, less offset. but a thrill to hit. I will let you know once I get a chance to try them.

i had a range session yesterday morning and hit last yrs tour model 4 iron

schweeeeeeeeeeeeet.

not that much less of set really ,theres still a little bit there, just enough to notice it

smaller head for sure

really workable.

beautiful club l i loved the feel and look of it.

totally differnt to the 502. they would be a perfect complment to each other.

if u could keeep 2 sets, they would be perfect .

i had a range session yesterday morning and hit last yrs tour model 4 iron

schweeeeeeeeeeeeet.

not that much less of set really ,theres still a little bit there, just enough to notice it

smaller head for sure

really workable.

beautiful club l i loved the feel and look of it.

totally differnt to the 502. they would be a perfect complment to each other.

if u could keeep 2 sets, they would be perfect .

Supo, I have decided either your just filthy rich or your not married or you have a secret room like gbs. Right now in my office i have the vega vc-01 irons, epons, mizuno and now the yamaha coming. Not all honeys know how to take that and god only knows if she knew how much money I spent. Heck and now I have the Epon emb driver coming I won, hopefully she be out shopping that day. You know I am building my work shop, maybe I should add a secret closet in the wall.

Supo, I have decided either your just filthy rich or your not married or you have a secret room like gbs. Right now in my office i have the vega vc-01 irons, epons, mizuno and now the yamaha coming. Not all honeys know how to take that and god only knows if she knew how much money I spent. Heck and now I have the Epon emb driver coming I won, hopefully she be out shopping that day. You know I am building my work shop, maybe I should add a secret closet in the wall.

I know what you mean! Kind hard to explain why there's another 48" box that arrived when you have numerous clubs lined up on by the wall. I have 2 irons head sets in boxes to act as camouflage but, that only works when they're not shafted. I think the secret closet is the way to go.

I had a go with the CB 501 at the range yesterday, I thought even though it is shafted with GS 95 S , i should be able to hit no probs. I felt it was heavy, didn't feel right , the shaft felt harsh. Is it really that much of a difference from R to S flex? it should not right? Might be a bad day yesterday. Let me try it again tomorrow. BTW the head felt so heavy unlike what i had pictured in mind. LOL

The stupid Indian not the arrow right >>>

I had a go with the CB 501 at the range yesterday, I thought even though it is shafted with GS 95 S , i should be able to hit no probs. I felt it was heavy, didn't feel right , the shaft felt harsh. Is it really that much of a difference from R to S flex? it should not right? Might be a bad day yesterday. Let me try it again tomorrow. BTW the head felt so heavy unlike what i had pictured in mind. LOL

Can't speak for the shaft since I haven't tried it but, maybe the balance/SW was on the heavier side than what you're used to?

hahahaaaahah nope maried. 2 kids.

missus just looks at my club room in utter dismay.

i got no where to hide it ,

i just shake my head sometimes and think what the hell am i doing!

i love it tho great hobby,

I have a book here with most shafts and the GS95 R AND S don't show a lot of difference numbers wise. But that's just a book talking

/ BEND POINT/ TIP STIFFNESS / WEIGHT

gs95r / low / soft / 101

gs95s / low / med/soft / 103

hahahaaaahah nope maried. 2 kids.

missus just looks at my club room in utter dismay.

i got no where to hide it ,

i just shake my head sometimes and think what the hell am i doing!

i love it tho great hobby,

Your my hero.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've always said:

Epon - Spongy bliss at impact

Miura - Soft yet strong at impact

Mizuno - A blend of both.

Your my hero.

Maybe we could all have a session on Oprah??

My wife plays golf too and (semi) understands. I get just as excited about buying her gear too, so that helps!

• 4 weeks later...

My wife is asking for ladies PRGR Egg irons, a men's Ryoma driver 11.5 with R2 flex stock shaft, some royal collection hybrids and a new Odyssey putter and bag, thats may seem cool but its not kind on the wallet!

Anyway this topic is nov 2010, I would say that there are so many better irons than both on the market today. Go Yamaha!

My wife is asking for ladies PRGR Egg irons, a men's Ryoma driver 11.5 with R2 flex stock shaft, some royal collection hybrids and a new Odyssey putter and bag, thats may seem cool but its not kind on the wallet!

Anyway this topic is nov 2010, I would say that there are so many better irons than both on the market today. Go Yamaha!

Look on the bright side. At least J didn't ask for wedges too. atsg_smilie_roll.gif

What's your favourite set of 2011 irons - the Yamaha V Forged/V Forged Tour? Have they knocked the AF-151s from your sig out of the bag? They look pretty nice, as does the OnOff 2011 Forged :tsg_smiley_drool:

Edited by gyli84

Oh darn, I better change that sig! It's oooold!

I was talking game improvement irons which relates to this post and was thinking the Yamaha D-Steel ( cast + maraging face ).

V forged tour is for the very good player, V-Forged would be ok.

my wife is happy with the Lepon irons i got her back in 07. since then i have slowly upgraded her wedges to the 208kgx wedges and have replaced her 5,7,9 woods

with a 22,25* 901 which she absolutely loves. she uses a 701 5iron. she requested i ditch the 25 and get her a 4iron as well which i did.

shes asking if the 701 has a 3iron :tsg_smiley_punkrock: shes so happy with her set i snuck in a 4 wood but she refuses to hit it as she wants irons only. i offered to

replace her gfield eldik putter and she gave me a dont mess with my gear stare! im seriously contemplating changing her remaining lepon 6-pw irons with 702s or

something.

• 2 months later...

If the OP is still interested in more opinions on this topic... I might have some insight. I've never hit the Miura Giken 2006, but I went from gaming a set of Epon 502's with KBS Tour Stiff for about 6 months and have just picked up a set of Miura 501 with DG Tour Issue S400's. These two sets are worlds apart in the type of player they cater to.

The Epon 502's are extremely forgiving and very easy to hit and elevate. I do agree with those that feel that they have a very clicky sound/feeling to them. After the initial clicky feeling... it feels very soft and powerful. I can see anyone with up to a 30+ handicap playing these irons as they are VERY forgiving and are a little bigger in the topline and sole than you may think for a "mid-capper" iron. Distance loss is minimal on mis**ts towards the heel or the toe.

The Miura 501's on the other hand are a straight-up player's club. The top-line and sole are just as thin if not thinner than ALOT of muscle-back blades out there. I've never mixed and matched the shafts... but the shafts in my Miura 501's feel quite a bit stiffer and a little bit heavier than the KBS Tours. The irons themselves feel harsh off the toe and off the heel, but feel amazing when hit smack-dab in the center (words can't describe the feeling), and produce an heavenly sound. Basically they play like blades but they're a bit easier to elevate in the long irons.

I didn't notice any distance loss in switching over to the Miura 501's even though the lofts are 2* weaker in each iron throughout the entire set due to the more penetrating flight (this may be due to the head, the shaft, or a combination of the two... I'm not sure as I haven't played either iron sets with different shafts). I love both of these sets, but like I said... there's a world of difference in forgiveness. I will add that the Miura's are much more satisfying to hit when struck well. I hope this helps you in your decision.

If the OP is still interested in more opinions on this topic... I might have some insight. I've never hit the Miura Giken 2006, but I went from gaming a set of Epon 502's with KBS Tour Stiff for about 6 months and have just picked up a set of Miura 501 with DG Tour Issue S400's. These two sets are worlds apart in the type of player they cater to.

The Epon 502's are extremely forgiving and very easy to hit and elevate. I do agree with those that feel that they have a very clicky sound/feeling to them. After the initial clicky feeling... it feels very soft and powerful. I can see anyone with up to a 30+ handicap playing these irons as they are VERY forgiving and are a little bigger in the topline and sole than you may think for a "mid-capper" iron. Distance loss is minimal on mis**ts towards the heel or the toe.

The Miura 501's on the other hand are a straight-up player's club. The top-line and sole are just as thin if not thinner than ALOT of muscle-back blades out there. I've never mixed and matched the shafts... but the shafts in my Miura 501's feel quite a bit stiffer and a little bit heavier than the KBS Tours. The irons themselves feel harsh off the toe and off the heel, but feel amazing when hit smack-dab in the center (words can't describe the feeling), and produce an heavenly sound. Basically they play like blades but they're a bit easier to elevate in the long irons.

I didn't notice any distance loss in switching over to the Miura 501's even though the lofts are 2* weaker in each iron throughout the entire set due to the more penetrating flight (this may be due to the head, the shaft, or a combination of the two... I'm not sure as I haven't played either iron sets with different shafts). I love both of these sets, but like I said... there's a world of difference in forgiveness. I will add that the Miura's are much more satisfying to hit when struck well. I hope this helps you in your decision.

Thanks K,

i have bought the 502s and the Miura 501, ditched the 501 as you said its for the better cappers and also bought a Yamaha D steel for trial . I am using 502s pw and 9 and the rest Yamaha. and loving this combo atm. I have taken out my 24* hybrid as the 5 iron is as far as that.

B