Nippon NS Pro WV Wedge Shafts

FatMan

I've searched, searched, and searched... but, barely found any feedback on the performance of the Nippon WV wedge Shafts.

Wondering if anyone who has tried them would be willing to chime in in terms of their experience & the shaft's performance.

I've searched, searched, and searched... but, barely found any feedback on the performance of the Nippon WV wedge Shafts.

Wondering if anyone who has tried them would be willing to chime in in terms of their experience & the shaft's performance.

I do have them in fourteens. I experienced 2 wedge shafts before DG and wv.

Personally, It feels like WV spins bit more than DG. Also, I was getting more feeedback.

Thanks for your input Sean!

not sure if this helps but i had the KBS wedge shaft and switched to Nippon super peening, i noticed more spin with the nippons on 3/4 to full shots and much the same feel around the greens, i would expect the WV to spin even more

not sure if this helps but i had the KBS wedge shaft and switched to Nippon super peening, i noticed more spin with the nippons on 3/4 to full shots and much the same feel around the greens, i would expect the WV to spin even more

Skip, thanks for the heads up on the super peening. I'll look into trying the Orange or Red out as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Skip, thanks for the heads up on the super peening. I'll look into trying the Orange or Red out as well.

Im putting a couple of Nippon WVs in some new Miura WMF-03 Wedges should arrive next week i will let you know how they play

well i have KBS in a few sets of my wedges and they dont have any feel at all.

esp when i need to chip very short or flop , its super hard to do

with the NS i notice a lot more feel and i only use the ns 1050 x, they have infinitly more feel

im swapping out those kbs from all my wedges. to something else, so i wanna know about the WV.s

Edited by supo67

i gamed 115 and wv 125. they are nice and heavy but are not

as stout as their american counterparts. imho they actually feel

like they conform to your swing. swing slow they feel nice and

springy, swing hard they stiffen up. hard to explain but they

have that characteristic NSpro buttery feel. i like them

well i have KBS in a few sets of my wedges and they dont have any feel at all.

esp when i need to chip very short or flop , its super hard to do

with the NS i notice a lot more feel and i only use the ns 1050 x, they have infinitly more feel

im swapping out those kbs from all my wedges. to something else, so i wanna know about the WV.s

Antonio likes em, in fact the Nippon Shafts are consistantly better tolerences when put on the SST Machine than any other brand in his opinion

i gamed 115 and wv 125. they are nice and heavy but are not

as stout as their american counterparts. imho they actually feel

like they conform to your swing. swing slow they feel nice and

springy, swing hard they stiffen up. hard to explain but they

have that characteristic NSpro buttery feel. i like them

Depending how if goes with my current shaft experimentation, I might try them out to match with my irons.

Depending how if goes with my current shaft experimentation, I might try them out to match with my irons.

what are you gaming now? if your gaming a sub 100g shaft the 105wv will be right up your alley

what are you gaming now? if your gaming a sub 100g shaft the 105wv will be right up your alley

Lemme see...

I'm coming from KBS Tour Stiffs in my Yamahas that were pured/flo'd... They are a simply a joy to use but, are on the stiffer & heavier side.

I have KBS Tour Stiffs soft-stepped in a 4-iron & PW. The PW feels a little dead but, I'll try raising the SW a point or 2 to see if that makes a difference.

Just had the triple 9s shafted in the 5, 7 & 9. It will definitely take some getting used to the lighter weighted shafts in the mid to longer irons. The 9-iron shaft feels better... Swung those in the backyard but, still need to take it out to the range to get a definitive feel. I can definitely feel them kick more than the KBS' even with my practice swings. I'm guessing that a smoother swing would be better with these shafts.

I still have to try out the KBS Tour Regulars which are at 110 grams. & I even haven't tried the other Nippons (1050, super peening series)...

Right now I'm basically trying to find the best weight for my tempo that I can control, give me the best feel, trajectory & distance.

Lemme see...

I'm coming from KBS Tour Stiffs in my Yamahas that were pured/flo'd... They are a simply a joy to use but, are on the stiffer & heavier side.

I have KBS Tour Stiffs soft-stepped in a 4-iron & PW. The PW feels a little dead but, I'll try raising the SW a point or 2 to see if that makes a difference.

Just had the triple 9s shafted in the 5, 7 & 9. It will definitely take some getting used to the lighter weighted shafts in the mid to longer irons. The 9-iron shaft feels better... Swung those in the backyard but, still need to take it out to the range to get a definitive feel. I can definitely feel them kick more than the KBS' even with my practice swings. I'm guessing that a smoother swing would be better with these shafts.

I still have to try out the KBS Tour Regulars which are at 110 grams. & I even haven't tried the other Nippons (1050, super peening series)...

Right now I'm basically trying to find the best weight for my tempo that I can control, give me the best feel, trajectory & distance.

been there done that route 5x over:) shaft selection can be a mind boggling proposition. sometimes i even bother why i want

to change a perfectly feeling shaft that performs and exceeds my expectations??? i had my own love affair with KBS tour but that

went south after playing the gaming the nippons.

you can even do what i did before , kbs tour 90 in the long irons and kbs tour on the mid to scoring irons. whatever happened

to the ns 999 you got from me? those were very good and look like the weight would be something youd be comfortable with

being they are variable weighted shafts

been there done that route 5x over:) shaft selection can be a mind boggling proposition. sometimes i even bother why i want

to change a perfectly feeling shaft that performs and exceeds my expectations??? i had my own love affair with KBS tour but that

you can even do what i did before , kbs tour 90 in the long irons and kbs tour on the mid to scoring irons. whatever happened

to the ns 999 you got from me? those were very good and look like the weight would be something youd be comfortable with

HEY I JUST SPOKE TO MY CLUBBUILDER , HE SAID I SHUD GO WITH THE PEENING BLUE RIGHT THRU, IF I LIKE THEM SO MUCH

HE SHOWED ME A GOLF MAG AND THE PROS USE THE SAME IRONS RIGHT THRU THE BAG.

ONY THING I THINK ID DO IS CHANGE THE BLUE TO ORANGE ON THE 60*

GET A BIT MORE HEIGHT

THAT SOUND FEASIBLE.?

HES GO THE WVS AND SAID 115 GRM ISTHE ONE I MIGHT LIKE. BEC I LIKE A LIGHTER WEDGE SHAFT. THE HEAVIER ONES DONT GIVE ME ANY FEEL

THOSE BLACK KBS TOUR WEDGE IM NOT KEEN ON.

I USE ns 1050 X IN MOST WEDGES AND THEY FEEL AWSOME.

OH THE PAIN THE PAIN...........,

Heading out tomorrow to hit some balls & see how they perform for me. If they don't... I might look into the Super Peening Reds which are lighter than the KBS Tour Stiffs by a hair. Didn't you try these out too?

HEY I JUST SPOKE TO MY CLUBBUILDER , HE SAID I SHUD GO WITH THE PEENING BLUE RIGHT THRU, IF I LIKE THEM SO MUCH

HE SHOWED ME A GOLF MAG AND THE PROS USE THE SAME IRONS RIGHT THRU THE BAG.

ONY THING I THINK ID DO IS CHANGE THE BLUE TO ORANGE ON THE 60*

GET A BIT MORE HEIGHT

THAT SOUND FEASIBLE.?

HES GO THE WVS AND SAID 115 GRM ISTHE ONE I MIGHT LIKE. BEC I LIKE A LIGHTER WEDGE SHAFT. THE HEAVIER ONES DONT GIVE ME ANY FEEL

THOSE BLACK KBS TOUR WEDGE IM NOT KEEN ON.

I USE ns 1050 X IN MOST WEDGES AND THEY FEEL AWSOME.

OH THE PAIN THE PAIN...........,

well only you can answer that question, i wouldnt go changing your shaft for the lob

wedge although logically it makes sense , feelwise it wont. i wouldnt bother though.

do you like a lighted wedge shaft? if so then go 115.

i tried the 125 and they felt good considering they were heavier than what i was used to before

but having gamed TT/TC, PX 6.0 nippon protos and now currently the DG Tour issue s400s they

seem alright although lighter than the DGs im gaming.

@marc,

yeah i had the super peening reds. very good shafts and for me superior over KBS. they are

heavier lower launching than the ns950. not much difference with the ns1150 although i feel

like the reds were more like the type id go drinking with at a bar compared to the 1150s

• 2 weeks later...

Miura wedges arrived with the nippon WV shaft i will give em a whirl tomorrow and a game on Wednesday and let you know what i think, going to be hard to out do the SP Blues in the Epons i have them dialed in at the moment.

Miura wedges arrived with the nippon WV shaft i will give em a whirl tomorrow and a game on Wednesday and let you know what i think, going to be hard to out do the SP Blues in the Epons i have them dialed in at the moment.

excellent look fwd to see what u think of them,.

totally differnt shape and feel to the epons.

Well i took the Miura/WV wedge combo out on the range and for a round the following day i have the 105 put in and i found them to be to light in comparison to the Epon/ SP Blues i really strugled to feel the club on the 3/4 to full shots around the greens they performed very well less harsh than the SP blues they seem to have a bit more feel but i much prefer the SP Blues on the full shots. I was geting some nice spin with the miura/WV combo but i fully expect that as they feel a bit softer in comparison, i was expecting the club fitter to put the 125 so i was pretty disapointed i will probably send them back and get him to change for the 125 .

I thinking the way to go would be to play the WV 125 in the 58 as i use it around the greens mostly and it definatly has a softer feel and SP Blue in the 53 for those 70 to 100m shots. The grind on the Miura WMF-03s was interesting it made it a lot easier to pick the ball off the tight hard fairways i play on in australia compared to the Epon 208s the miuras def sit a lot tighter to the turf which gives you plenty of confidence that you wont bounce the club into the ball of the tight lies like the Epons tend to do

Well i took the Miura/WV wedge combo out on the range and for a round the following day i have the 105 put in and i found them to be to light in comparison to the Epon/ SP Blues i really strugled to feel the club on the 3/4 to full shots around the greens they performed very well less harsh than the SP blues they seem to have a bit more feel but i much prefer the SP Blues on the full shots. I was geting some nice spin with the miura/WV combo but i fully expect that as they feel a bit softer in comparison, i was expecting the club fitter to put the 125 so i was pretty disapointed i will probably send them back and get him to change for the 125 .

I thinking the way to go would be to play the WV 125 in the 58 as i use it around the greens mostly and it definatly has a softer feel and SP Blue in the 53 for those 70 to 100m shots. The grind on the Miura WMF-03s was interesting it made it a lot easier to pick the ball off the tight hard fairways i play on in australia compared to the Epon 208s the miuras def sit a lot tighter to the turf which gives you plenty of confidence that you wont bounce the club into the ball of the tight lies like the Epons tend to do

yup , thats exactly what i found as well.

not a bad little wedge at all , especially for tight lies. its a really good option.

i like that idea about the lighter shaft for the 58 or 60 and the sp blue for the 52 , im going to do that for sure.

in facti lll do it for the 56 and 60 i like to feel every nuance on those wedges.

ill follow you in on that wv style as well .

yup , thats exactly what i found as well.

not a bad little wedge at all , especially for tight lies. its a really good option.

i like that idea about the lighter shaft for the 58 or 60 and the sp blue for the 52 , im going to do that for sure.

in facti lll do it for the 56 and 60 i like to feel every nuance on those wedges.

ill follow you in on that wv style as well .

Yeah iv allways found wedge shafts to tend to jump a touch left on the fuller shots thats why i prefer to stick the same X flex thats it the entire set in the wedges but the draw back is on the little feel shots around the greens thats why i think this could work well, the only time i would hit full shot with the 58 is on those down wind shots

just changed my wedge shafts to the tour issue s400s, coming from the nspro protos x flex i find that the s400s

are just better in the full shot department. i have never used a brand aside from the nippons for the wedges such

as wv, 1150 and protos. the protos were very good but they tended to move left as skipper has just mentioned.

feel was superb but i never did figure why they would move left. even with my post injury swing i noticed the ball

would move a touch left. with the s400 Ti they are less pronounced than the nspro. love making low check shots

with this shaft, the only nspro shaft i was consistently able to do this with without having to semi punch were the

sp blues.

just changed my wedge shafts to the tour issue s400s, coming from the nspro protos x flex i find that the s400s

are just better in the full shot department. i have never used a brand aside from the nippons for the wedges such

as wv, 1150 and protos. the protos were very good but they tended to move left as skipper has just mentioned.

feel was superb but i never did figure why they would move left. even with my post injury swing i noticed the ball

would move a touch left. with the s400 Ti they are less pronounced than the nspro. love making low check shots

with this shaft, the only nspro shaft i was consistently able to do this with without having to semi punch were the

sp blues.

well i just changed out some 950 s weight flow wedge shafts to the ns wv 125 s , and used them last night .

theres a big differnence in feel. its really noticeable.

the wv seem to have multiple kick points. the shaft seems to warp then go rigid at impact thus allowint the ball to travel straighter.

i was trying to draw it and it ddidnt really draw ,and i was trying to cut the pants of it and it didnt really do that either.

the thing i hate more than anything with wedge play is when ur hitting a full sht and thhe ball"Pulls" of draws. this does my head in! it happens with monotonous regularity with dgs200 HATE it. lastnight tho...........,

here to say they didnt do that ONCE with these shafts.

they are super lively but feel hollow and tingy, i was hitting them concurrently with the SP blues in my kyoeis blades and there was NO noticeable pulll or slice , dispersion was fantastic.

i usually play NS 1050 x in pretty much all my wedges they are incrediblty stiff but a bit light. and not a lot of feel.

these new WVs give a little more liveliness. with added weight . but they dont feel like kbs tours . (they feel really heavy and dense IMO , )the Wv have ton more feel, if u like that lively feel like i do then these are the best ive hit. considerably better.

i loved them.

the wv seem to have multiple kick points. the shaft seems to warp then go rigid at impact thus allowint the ball to travel straighter.

i noticed thats as well. in my experience the shaft also conforms to your swing, its like it has dynamic adaptable suspension:)

swing it soft and it conforms, swing it faster and it becomes rigid! there is no flex, this is where i think the variable kickpoint comes in?

i had a senior player hit my wedge with this shaft, he commented that it felt really good but heavy. he did not comment on stiffness, yet

a guy with a driver ss in excess of 115mph will finf the shaft fine