Quadra experts pls chime in, What to get FEX 65S OR FEX proto 65s

Spoon

Another round under the belt, the shaft keeps exceeding my expectations. Right when I think I have

Maxxed out its potential it surprises me yet again. Because of the increased confidence in my swing I am

Able to tempt the shaft to aim in places I would never dare before. Like I said was able to lower the tram with some fundy

Changes and the shaft has reacted splendidly.

It is definitely lower spin than the fex. For those that have the ss have no fear. Only thing that could give this shaft a run for

Its money is the proto 7s. Was chatting with Gary the other day and he reckons I will get an even tighter dispersion and no loss of distance moving up to the 7s. Only a difference of 6-7gs and 2cpm, this could even Smoothen out my tempo so will give that a shot. Not for this head though as the combo is a wicked mix that absolutely wil not be butchered.

Maybe when my red devil epon 360cc arrives will consider the 7s. Til then chap!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks C, really appreciate this :)

• 1 month later...

Well it's been over a month and ten days since I last posted

On here about the FEX proto. I have gotten much of my old ss

Back, distance is back and all those months of pt and stretching has

Increased my flexibility. Becaue of this new development, I think I am over-

Powering my shaft.

Few months ago it was perfectly fine but I did comment it was a bit loose

On the screws. I will game this for about a week more, seems as the round progresses

My tempo gets off due to the lighter shaft, my coach noticed the same thing. My transition

Was way off and caught myself pushing it right! Wasn't the case before. Had one of my

Longest drives today with this shaft , number 4 at my local course a short par 4 nasty dog leg right

Wth a creek on the right side. Play safe straight shot around 240-250 middle of the fairway.

I usually play this route but the downwind picked up and ripped one , too ambitious too right

Out long long drive though. Second shot I carry the entire corner barely and rolled about

15yards on a soggy fw. Was a lob away 40 yards. Made double b w penalty what a hole!!! Hole was 380.

So the flex is obviously right, I just need something a tad heavier To keep the tempo in check

The 65 and 75 proto s have the same cpm numbers only diff is lower torque on the 7. Would this

Be a problem? Help guys