supo

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice clubs, but I really dig the bag. Hard to find nice stand bags these days.

• 3 weeks later...

some serious thouht about playing tools this past 6 months has closed the focus enormously on a vast amjority of my clubs.

for a while there my house loked more like golf paradise than a home...... i have 1 or two of everything if all manner of configerations.

i played them all. mind you, as ive said my rangeing time this last few m9onths has outweighed my game time. all my playing partner have flown the coop! so it gave me great amount of course/range/ proper balls time to work thru my swing characteristics and see what clubs i actually play best.

my penchant is for irons sets and drivers ... the fairway conundrum has ben totally relsoved a while ago with the 09 yamaha v14 / the crazy f16.. and the new prgr egg just eating the competition for desert.... the new RC got a gig, but it wasnt dynamci enough to repalce what i trust. as a single entity tho that RC bbdv is a heck of a club ,but its an allrounder.... no need for ian botham in my squad when u have garfield sobers and imrahn khan on fire... im afraid....!

so no changes to the fairway woods.. yamah v14--prgr egg HD----crazy f16 get the nod.

the irons.well............... irons is irons till u change the engines that runs them...!

and the biggest single piece of OH MY GOD was the simple change in shaft in the TOURSTAGE 905 blades from monacco stiff, which came in at about c9 SW........ to the monacco TX flex 122gram VS 135 gram on light heads..

c9-d2.5 humongous difference in flight and tighness.

these are damn good now icant beleive the differnce. high and wobbly to lower and taught but still a lighter SW. top sticks

the kamui pk01 irons i have are gettign real air time. likking the shape a lot and the feel of these a lot, they are right up there.

the epon personals are proving themselves indespensible in all conditions.

and the reshafted yonex again with a heavier shaft are a LOT better .

putters....

well , the epon zen is the best blade and the matusmoto 1999 is the best anser but the other

645,543,654,789,000 putters i have look good in my bags and on my wall.

Edited by supo67

the yamaha v14 is a damned good fw and if it was a 12.5 or 13* loft there's no way i'd have it on bst right now. as much as you praise it i'm a bit surprised it hasn't been snatched up!

i'm also pretty impressed with the monacos right now. i can't say it's the best feeling shaft i've ever tried although it certainly is very very close. however, i can say it's the most balanced shaft i've ever tried...and you can feel that balance without even swinging it. i've never simply picked up a club before and just been amazed by how it felt from just the waggle. i can go from 9iron to 5iron and not even need a practice swing to hit a ball. truly amazing!

the yamaha v14 is a damned good fw and if it was a 12.5 or 13* loft there's no way i'd have it on bst right now. as much as you praise it i'm a bit surprised it hasn't been snatched up!

i'm also pretty impressed with the monacos right now. i can't say it's the best feeling shaft i've ever tried although it certainly is very very close. however, i can say it's the most balanced shaft i've ever tried...and you can feel that balance without even swinging it. i've never simply picked up a club before and just been amazed by how it felt from just the waggle. i can go from 9iron to 5iron and not even need a practice swing to hit a ball. truly amazing!

i agree. i thank sensei stew for introducing us to this beautiful shaft. im all praises!

• 1 month later...

well its that time of year again.(and again. and again..........and.................................,)

ozyy links time!

my favourite time of the golfing year .

back home for early chrissy ths year, have to back at work on chrissy day. yup just horrible but alas thast the way the tourtage z-01 ball rolls.

so..... last week and the next 2 weeks ill be fine tuning the alreayd finely tuned sticks to see who makes the annual links cut....!

thinking about irons opnly at this satge

irons.......................

well the field is as always , vast.. theres a cpl of newies. theres a cpl of oldies. and cpl in between.

ive made a point o playingall my sticks these last few weeks at least o nthe range if not on course.

a cpl of miniscule re jiggs have made a humongous differnce. iew.... taking the perfect pro cord grips off the DP (thin shaft) kmaui kp-01 in favour of iomic x-evolutions , a bit thiker and shorter, made HUGE difrence to the feel.. HUGE differnce.

and taking the lamkins of the NS 2f15 yonex in favour of the perfect pro cords like wise a bit positive change.

funny how such a small thing makes a huge change.. but it does..!

so the contenders for this year......,

kamui pro kp-01-- 4-pw mad lofts the pw at 44* t(o me thats just insane!) 2 sets one with monacco, the other with NS proto DPS.

yonex ezone-- 3-pw reshafted with a set of SUPER heavy NS proto 2s14x, damn theset hings weight lead, but what a great feel at impact. NOT low launch, these go pretty danr mid, very reminscent of the KS shimada tour 120s. liking these babies a lot.

the same heads with NSproto 2f15 x . prob my fav shaft. high . straight mid heavy weight. a joy to play every day.

epon personals--with NS proto c10s mid launch heavy wight VERY straight. a fantastic combination. no point trying to bend these babies about. just point shoot bec the WILL not move. and the monacco in X . my gamers of gamers. my mack daddies. my widow makers.

enought said about thes things these ARE numero UNO... the rest are playing catch up.

miura 5002----after trying every miura blade over the last cpl of years these are the ones that stayed. its just the head shape that ddi it. shafed with x-100 and NS protos2f15 x .. these will beVERY strong contenders.

yamaha tour 2010--------monacco X ive had these at turtle bay for 10 days and there wasnt a trick they cudnt pull a breeze they didnt cut thru or a gree nthey didnt hold. dont need speak more about these bec they are PERFECT for windy conds. PREFECT.

tourstage 905---monacco TX the baldes of blades. ive had them im on before and they go sublimly esp on a bit tougher drier summer grass.

small sole and thin head makes picking them clean much easier and not bouncing off the deck. strong contenders again..

and last but by no means least...........

yamaha tour 2013----shafts unknown at this stage, im prob going to go with the monaccos X bec they are just so relaible for me. IF i can get these in time then 100% these will be coming, cudnt think of a better initiation than longy i n the breeze... BRING these on!.

now heres whats already at home waiting for me.

epon 301--monacco S

yamaha 2009 v fogred--KBS tour prototype black nickel S

srixon pro 100--monacco S

sakamoto blades--kbs tour X

tourstage MARU blades---NS m226v X

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the choices the choices............

NICE!

My Personals are ridiculously straight. Only hit them on the range thusfar and they are a tad shorter than my 502's, but they are deadly accurate...laser like accuracy. We have one of those small bouncy target nets about 150 yards out on the range and I actually feel like I can drop balls on that tiny net about half the time and the other half just a few feet away...very few crap shots. Shafted with Monacos but considering reshafting with Aerotechs just to lighten up the shaft a bit.

See that many clubs would just confuse me, I think it does that to you as well Stew.

it used to... but what ive done is deciced what im palying a cpl of days before and just concentrate on those , i have a range session with them and im ususally ok.. i realsie u shud be hitting only one maybe 3 sets but what do u give up?

Not sure how many you are bringing, but...

Personals - Versatile

Yam '10 - No clue, just wouldn't rely on the Yam '13s yet and think you'd be crazy not to include a set of Yams

905 - if the conditions be right, add a little lead tape to the back and there is none better...

Done….

Make sure you build up behind the sweet spot too. Some all the way across the back of the case and a little extra to cover the protruding part in the center back of the iron… I moved it up a little too, to raise the CG...

Picture stew at the airport with his 6 sets, 5 drivers....nutter!

• 3 months later...

Make sure you build up behind the sweet spot too. Some all the way across the back of the case and a little extra to cover the protruding part in the center back of the iron… I moved it up a little too, to raise the CG...

steve can u take a piccy of that for me so i can get it right. im gonna do that next week

Kinda tough. They are in CA and I am in RI, also they don't have it anymore. Have let my nephew use them some, with a you break my bro buys me a new set agreement... Will try to draw something up a little later for you...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hawaii may bag................

not having too many options this year bec the kids getitng a bigger lothing allocation . nad having to fly cattle class in JAL.......!

i have to curtail my usual club hoardaing exploits.

after hiting all laundsundry this year so far on range

and playing some ok golf so far. interspurced with utter crap and some serious flukes....

the chopices are made from

3 drivers.

4 woods

2 utes

1................................1.....................................1..........................set of irons........1set bah.........unbelivebale!!!

4 wedges

8putters.

balls il prob just get the cally hex black over there. they seem to go well in the puff back in oz.

unless theres somehting else anyoine can recomend ????

thats my limit this year.

the driver positions are going to............................................

jbeam 9.5*---roddio shingo spec m6x

proving that all that is new and glitters is NOT always gold. this OLD driver in its fleeting moments so far, was won the coveted nasssty ass canasta wind driver position over the much vaunted 435 with diamanX bec.......... the 435 is slightly closed and i havnt been able to work long enogh with it to get used to the new found draw ive discovered. its akin to hittign balls left handed in my book. i dont know where to stand or where to aim, and on the islands i figure that = disaster!!! so the low ball lama is the shingo / 425 tour combo.

the syard-stinger 70s. has rocekted into pole position. there hasnt been a week so far without it inthe bag since i got it

it just getts better and better, the addition of the easier stinger was a revolution over the diamanaX, although arguably that was the better combo, it does take 100% concentration to get it to sing. i can slightly miss the stinger and it doenst matter 1 iota. its still good.

and its plenty long

tthe last driver possy is til undecided BUT 100% it will have a dimana x IN IT.

the tossup is between the ryoma v-spec9.5* and the kamui pro 10*

the ryoma isdef the lower of the two and 1/8 shorter, its prob the better control driver but as we all know cetre shots with ryoma-san and the ball shoots miles.

the kamui is the one i like the lok of the most , head shape is my ideal shape. and when i get this thing centered its prob my longest driver. that will be hard to over look.

unfortunatly there can be only one of these.

that decision will be made the night i leave.

fairway woods...

the egg spoon 15*w/ stinger x a guarantee starter . nothing needs to be said.

then the NEW OLD fairwamake which wil be completed next friday

15* 3w royal collection bbd type h / diamana B70x

17* 4w royal collection bbd type h2 w quadra fire express 75 xs

19* 5w yamaha v17* / stinger X

i had these heads sent off to goodsie for a refurb and they came back sparkling.. was right to treat them to the best sticks available.

utes wel thasteasy thecrazy 24* / crazh ute and the egg 4iron with monaccoX

ones super high and drops.. the other runs like a sprinter. all bases covered there.

THE iron set.....................

ahhhhhhhhhh

yes

candidates.

yamaha tour 2010--monaccoX, been there done that with these they are perfect in every way

yamah tour 2013 tour w NS proto 2f15x. IF i can get them done in time these might just claim the spot bec they are so forgiving for a balde. but also bec, they are a blade. they have the latest tech and shaft i love and know so well .... but.ive played them a lot this year already.

pr-gr tr 500 with monacco S. since ive had these, ive had a hard time not hitting them even with the sghorter DGS200 shaft, deoesn seem to matter the no offest . small thin sole/topline and slightly...... larger head and inredibel cavity design make these headsa set i cant put down.

the kamui pro kp101 with monacco or arrotech 125 s... matters not here as i set is heading back to oz to live at the end of this year ,the other stays here.

both as soft as a babies bum wbut with great punch and jacked lofts makes these a serious contender.

miura mb5002 2- aw..... with NS ora x these are odds on faves right now. , im gaming them on sat to get final decision.

tough choice huh?

wedges........

well 100% the tourstage marus 51-56 with monaccosX shut the gate here.

the other set..

im backing it might be these s-yard things or the yamaha with NS 2fi5xdepends how the s-yards come out.

cant wait fri fortnight , yeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Edited by supo67

I'm working the weight room heavy hoping I can get enough SS to hit these babies!!!! :tsg_smiley_drool:

hah no probs i think if i turn away for just a seocond after u hit hte stinger i, s-yard.., might not get it back again!

gee i hope i can pop 2 sets of irons in!!!!!!!

• 3 months later...

mid year 2013 bag. NOTHING like what it was early season.

drivers------- yamaha tour 10* 2013/fujikura type x 75x ......... ryoma maxima 8.5* REAL..(!!) diamana X 70s

fws-------syard XV 15*/quadra fex 75xs..........RC typeH 17*/diamana ahina 80s...egg spoon 13*/ diamana B70s.

ute--------.RV505 with crazy ute adn GD ute shafts 18* + 21* super utes.

irons------ pr-gr IDBL(ns 2g18s) and tr 500(monaco satin s) , kamui pro kp-x 101(arotech 125cws) . yamah tour 2013( monaccoo X) ,callaway forged 2013 (monacco x)

wedges................. ah dont get me started its madnees but the syard bolds i seem to gravitate to thye go plenty ok ,and of course the marus. and the fourteen protos... all good.

balls its stil the touratge new 2013 x-01z. love those. and im using the titleist 2013 v1x

been a good scoring season all up putting been much better . in fact short game has been pretty good all round.

driving mixed.. and ballstriking has been my biggest detractor.

might , as some say have a bit ot do with the amount of irons i chop and change.