supo's bag--- 2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/20/21/22/23........,

supo

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Love the burning copper Yamada. Tried to find one in left handed but no dice.

• 4 months later...

been a while..............

this season hasnt been great bec on injury so mixed it up a bit.

not many of last yrs clubs in the rotation at moment.

drivers, its been unanimously the prgr egg 7 and egg 1.

these re NOT. going to be favourites with TSGers , but i cant get them outta the bag at the moment.

Been trying to love the A-grind tiny headeded thing, and when i flush one it rates RIGHT up there with anything.

very electric, very addicitive, just needs some seriosus game time, its not an easy head, but its beauty and feel more than make up for that, not sure if id take it into the game of my life tho...!

but for resort games or with mates and no money its a beauty. shaft selection is essential to its success tho.

fairway woods.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my nemisis.

love them.. hate them .. trying to get the right combo has been my worry for eons. looks like ive stuck on combo for match play that is hard to break up right now

ive got the 13* original egg spoon with diamana B 70s, this is mahooooooseive from the deck and a must game on long par 5 courses. this gets me a close as i can get, hardly miss**t it ever now. lower flatter and longer than the 15* ( which ive only just taken out 2 weeks back) in favour of the 13* and ive coupled it wwith another strange looking thing ,the new model egg 16.5*

this comes on EVERY game with me now its a 100% er.

its either the only fw ill use on shorter tracks. or as the altereante driver on longer ones when i just need to get it middle of shorties.

ive shafted it with the quadra fire express 75xs driver shaft rather than the fw. and its been a match made in heaven,

the original diamana thump it comes with is a magificent match for the 15* but i liked the qaudra better for the higher lofted one. the diamanthump in the 15 is just perfect in ever yway , from a tee its a beauty, and its only a 65s ................ yes 65s thunmp. cant beleive it , but its a winner, i cant overpower it

this is shaft NO ONE ever talks about but shud!.

the honma driving irons have been with me every match, depending on conds its the 2 or 3... the 4 is too high for me ive found.

fantiastic alterante club, can easily hit the 3 off he deck , no worries at all.

irons...............

wel lthis has been an interesting selection ive gone back to blades pretty much exclusively.

masda dominate , easily the nicest blade set ive played.

not everyone taste, these just work for me so well.

feel is superb, looks are beautiful shape is spot on laucnh is low, cant ask for more

not much else is getting played these days. the srixon irons are getting bag time right now , but im working on shafts in these , these are finicky!. loee the shape , not satisfied with feel tho. must be the shafts, going lighter and stiffer.

wedges......

always morphing, nothng really killing it. although prgr RS is gettign some bag time!

syard bolds.... tourstage xwedge..RC dg ltd,.....fourteen protos , these are never out of eyes view.

shafted with monacco or NS wv. they are seeming to play the best for me.

putters.

bought a miura mallet , dont realy like the shape , but im killing it for control.

tourstage x-01z till i run out of the last 50 boxes i bought i guess means ill prob have to revert to bridestone

ahhhh golf is life.

Edited by supo67

was bored.. creative liscence, my 2 iron is a miura mb5002. doesnt get much play up here. leave that for tasmania and melbourne!

it htink tis gotta be close to the smallest head on earth.

got a new contender today fore the bag spot, had to bite,

the honma tw717m are bagged. and shaft choice , im not sure, but i might go monaccos in these things

these things are REAL BLADES!

• 1 month later...

photo time.

a-grind bag.

driver--- egg 7 diamana X 70s

3w--prgr egg 16.5* quadra fex 70sx

di--honma tw di 18*

masda blades ---NSpro STx.

prgr 52-57 tr02 wedges --NS Wv125s

hiro matsumoto mb-05 ( golds rest)

Edited by supo67

photo time.

a-grind bag.

driver--- egg 7 diamana X 70s

3w--prgr egg 16.5* quadra fex 70sx

di--honma tw di 18*

masda blades ---NSpro STx.

prgr 52-57 tr02 wedges --NS Wv125s

hiro matsumoto mb-05 ( golds rest)

attachicon.gifxz.png

attachicon.gifxzz.png

attachicon.gifzxz.png

attachicon.gifzxzxx.png

attachicon.gifzxzzxz.png

attachicon.gifnmnmnm.png

attachicon.gifnmnmn.png

attachicon.gifmn.png

all black!

what happened to the MG putter?

thats gettign used , im playing that really well, its prob my fave right now.

but i never stop to try the ansers im way less consistant with those but doesnt stop me trying with them .

those mallets are really going ok for me.

• 4 weeks later...

Stew,

I am intrigued by the PRGR 7. And its funny your old Crazy F16 head has ended up in my bag...paired with Fw80.

Cheers

Edited by Jeffrey Tan

hahahah swings and roundabouts on JDM merrygoround!

the prgr egg 7 is fantastic f u like anti left and electic feel at imapct, and LOW launch.

aoslutely love thisdriver.

but its defiantly not for everyone

• 1 year later...

2016 has seen static gear in and out of the big bag. firstly  the bags have changed a lot , the onoffs ive had each year for the last 6or 7 seasons ddint really  give me wood this year so I didn't grab one. ive gone to a  PRGR EGG   in black   fo   staff  nad a honam black  for  travel  days.

the drivers havnt changed a lot  either, the PRGR eggs are still firmly at pride of place as fist cab off the rank. the EGg7  EGG1 and new egg get taken to every game,  for comp its very hard for me not to play the EGG7 with   the diamana 83 gram aliislei. just love that  combo, one of the nicest feeling combos I have built.  the reliability of the flight, the anti left  attirbutes, the 44.5 inch length al combine to make sure in comp I don't stray  like tiger................................................. like that one??......................  and hit my fair share of shorties. the lastest PRGR egg with the diamana  X  60x ( nothing they have released subsequent is " anywhere near the quality of the X"  straight out of the  diamana reps mouth at the show that one..!!) has been a really good driver 10*.. 45 inch 318 grams with the  cadero  grip makes for prob my fave driver this season. BUT it stil don't get the nod over the older egg. hows that for  if its older don't make it shiiiit  thinking.

fairway woods , well the modart wit hcrazy  FW is just the ebst feleing thing ive ever hit for a FW, uttely addictive,  for a head   so sleek  it is actually ver y goodfrom a  tee. not as good as  the PRGR egg spoons , but a much better all rounder . if its blowing a gale the EGG gets the bag spot  without even  a  moments thought. tho, that's with the diamana thump 65. one HELL of a fw shaft if ur a bit on the sturdier side..!!!

utility . never thought id say this but the prgr egg ute   wit hstock shaft, stil nto sur e that's the best match   but its really high , really  good soft landing and goes a mile, , I  thinki ll replace t he shaft with a crazy ute tho, its too good to ignore. and the modart ut 19* with crazy ute  has been the clkub of the year for me. ivenot taken it out of the bag since I wrestled it away form chris (still owe u money for that  bro) . that has single handedly made me rethink my  ntire bag set up, my bag......... how much change is this.... revolves around THAT club now, its taken the need for a 4 and 5 wood  compleltey out of my  mind  nad its even put the 3 wood  to rest on most games bec its just got such reliable  results, it leaves me a short wedge to the pin  on the par 5s  and I never miss the bloody thing, I cant play without it now.

in th club champs next weekend ive gone for 2 utes mentioned above , ill; have to get the new ute shaft in before that tho , the current one is just a bitt whippy.

the honma driving irons are still the go to option when the wind is up  tho , I think I prefer the  shape of them to utes  and they give em more options for  moving the ball. the stock vizard  85 s is so versatile, its a tos up between this nad the modart  ute for my fave club most weekd , but the feel of the modart is just too much to ignore ,  the NS1  modus 20  18* is irreplaceable in wind  on the islands  its a god send.

irons. boy that's changed a bit , ive essentially aced all non MBs from my house save for the PRGR tr500s . idbls, nabla tour,  everything else is MB.

the honma tw 717m + 727m have been my week in out irons for 2 seasons, not likely to change one bit ,as much as I liked the fele of the latest PRGR, I think they went a soft option by making them like they did. so its small comapact thin for the  interim for me.  The  masdas get played on comp day with the lighter smoother NSprotos stx ( modus 105)  . fantastic  match for these  heads,  several of both of these headswith varying shafts for different conds have me in good stead. both ball striking with driver and irons has been pretty consistant hti year. and wedge play has improved . that brings me t othe latest wedge fiasco. its the  PRGR tr 02s from 2009 that have been my go  to  best ofs  of late. redicluous feel  multiple forged  denseness and  the compression they  give is  my favourite  thing . the surprise is he honma 2016 wedges, they are big round flat  but they have bite like a vampoire. cud pass up on all else except for maybe t he old faves the  fourteen protos, had a session on the weekend with those again last weekend . can get funkier than a 70s disco dancer with hoese things in the bag, they wont ever go  away.

the putter...........................................

fk putting!!!

Edited by supo

Those old black PRGR wedges were really good. Have the low bounce TR lob wedge and it's a great grind that one.

How far do you hit the Modart Stu? I have an RC hybrid that goes -200-210m and saves my life almost every round these days. Important distance gap.

19*  this one, I use it for the par 5s now and even on some short par 4s.  it doesn't get  me on but it gets me to  proper wedge distance then I  spin the dice and lob it up, I   got sick of missing with  a 3 wood  all the time and having to manufacture some miracle save,  did my head in  going  from  birdy chance  to bogie save   every par 5 .   so isaid  fk it , if I make bird it ll be thru a good chip and putt not some miracle  250 yard 3 wood onto  a green !

the  3 ute goes about  220-230  the 4ute  maxes @   just over 200   and that goes high so that's a good un for the longer par3s.

the driving irons  same lofts I think are slightly  shorter but are beter for controlled shots. the 2 DI is basically just for the tee. its a tough ask off the deck most palces and anywhere where theres some kind of up  slope its hard.

but from a tee id much much prefer to hit the di than the ute.

35 minutes ago, supo said:

19*  this one, I use it for the par 5s now and even on some short par 4s.  it doesn't get  me on but it gets me to  proper wedge distance then I  spin the dice and lob it up, I   got sick of missing with  a 3 wood  all the time and having to manufacture some miracle save,  did my head in  going  from  birdy chance  to bogie save   every par 5 .   so isaid  fk it , if I make bird it ll be thru a good chip and putt not some miracle  250 yard 3 wood onto  a green !

the  3 ute goes about  220-230  the 4ute  maxes @   just over 200   and that goes high so that's a good un for the longer par3s.

the driving irons  same lofts I think are slightly  shorter but are beter for controlled shots. the 2 DI is basically just for the tee. its a tough ask off the deck most palces and anywhere where theres some kind of up  slope its hard.

but from a tee id much much prefer to hit the di than the ute.

Same gaps and ideas for me Stu. 3w can be costly if pulled out at the wrong time!

• 6 months later...
On 5/26/2015 at 2:09 AM, supo said:

drivers, its been unanimously the prgr egg 7 and egg 1.

these re NOT. going to be favourites with TSGers , but i cant get them outta the bag at the moment.

Picked up an egg 7.  didn't really fit me eye.  Tried it on the range.   Was about ready to put it in the forsale box....but gave it a try on the course. First 5 drives crunched down the middle, one very long [for me].  Definitely makes my Final Four.