supo's bag--- 2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/20/21/22/23........,

supo

What a great read this is. I love spending time infront of my computer reading all the write ups you produce!

I am always on the run to get some new stuff even though I don't need anything more that I have already got from here - well from you Stew and Carlo... ;-)

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wait till u guys see what i picked up yesterday!

oh my

never seen these ANYWHERE ever..

im trying to find out the origins of them but they look like kyoei forged chiba ground .

they are very tasty

taking to game to just in case i hit em as well as they look good.

ill swear NO ONE ever has seen these before, the shape is magnificent.......,

oh yea of course , word fail here.

never seen this grind nor cnc before

was assured these are seriosuly top irons.

imexcited .. gottta play them tomorrow

oh yea of course , word fail here.

never seen this grind nor cnc before

was assured these are seriosuly top irons.

imexcited .. gottta play them tomorrow

i thought you were done?

ths is it..promise

ifu saw these ud understand

ok if you say so:)

these better not be like those Hogan personals you were raving about Lol

oh nononononno,, they were the worst irons ever.

these are shafted with shimada tour x. iomic x evolutions adn the grooves are scimitars.

at address im just like wow there! what the hell are these????

i asked the pro what they were he wouldnt say, all i got was "velly special crubs.., u shud take now , will be gone by today"

so i did.

ill see at 645am tom. how good they are.

my hunch.........................is

they are good!

oh nononononno,, they were the worst irons ever.

these are shafted with shimada tour x. iomic x evolutions adn the grooves are scimitars.

at address im just like wow there! what the hell are these????

i asked the pro what they were he wouldnt say, all i got was "velly special crubs.., u shud take now , will be gone by today"

so i did.

ill see at 645am tom. how good they are.

my hunch.........................is

they are good!

are they blades? dude snap some pictures! you cant leave us hanging

no i odnt know what to cal lthese, thast thy im so excited kinda like the miura cb1006

thin sole. thick muscle , that rounded kinda titleist vg3 or yonex blade neck line.

damn good to me.

the never ending changing bag JUST got a big scare.

irons.

at some stage enought just becomes enough.

after culling numerous drivers this yr to get to a manageable level, and its not just the heads( its actually the shafts i like to play with more than the heads ,)

ive manged to get my palyable driver collection down to no more than playable level and hittable level for the range

the iron sets tho have kinda gone a bit haywire.

again its not just the heads its the shafts im more concerend with

how can steel have this affect on a person????????????????????????????

so this is the bat cave as it stands, and it would seem that its reached its potential, theres somehting i havnt got yet that is being considered but this kinda suits... i cant see anything else getting added anytime soon

srixon pro 100 blades are my best PERFORMING day in/out blades

miuraism sb-01 /miura 5002 are way  better feeling at impact,   but prefer the srixon for now for workability 

im more intrigued with the 5002 than this isms right now, totally differnt shape a lot longer and thinner, with more offset thru the scoring irons. i love the look nad feel. these will see a ton of game time, and id think they wil be left in oz. these are utter classic blades and IMO a LOT better than the 5003 and miles better than the `1957s yes ive had them all before u ask.. that my op.

then i have the new babies that i do beleive might end up a classic, the yonex ezones for mr ishiikawa, chiba ground (mystery forged).

they do play brillinatly and..................... best with DG x100s

never, ever did i ever think id say those woirds but its fact!

i think these WILL become must have blades further down the track.if for no other reason other than they are so differnt to whast out there now, these are genuinly impressive blades to play, nothing ive hit are more workable but controllable at the same time . the heavier shafts are a MUST HAVE in these heads. slightyl thicker grip and nothing more needssaying, NOT the best feel, def NOT forged at ENDO thats very evident form the first hit, but on a short tight track ie a muirhead or dye track.., i wont take antyhing else out . the 2011 tourstage blades are similar to the ism in stature , the thinest of soles, but a bit clicky even thothey are endo forged, they have a slightyl differnt feel to say other endo clubs. thee design is THE best to look at of all blades. the modern look isperfect, they combined a more hittable, fogiving design into the tiniest of blades. its ultra impressive. once again. these will stand time, but alas i tink the TS oem evolution makes them obslete pretty quickly, TS def make a great line of x blade and the newest is def the best..

so... there are  no more blades to be had. theres no point, the OBVIOUS MISSING LINK I CAN HEAR  U ALL SCREAM is where the hell is yr mizuno!!!!!!!!

yes..........................

thast been said before.

ive tried, i have and the best ones i could muster, the mp-68s.

didnt do it for me. yup impossible as it seems they are not my scene. i was a bit disconcerted , bec i cud easily seee lots of mizzzys, but alas they didnt suit. the srixons suited infniitly better. similar shape , srixons were muchbetter.

the engines that drive all theseare ALL ns prototypes for mthe uber easy ORA to the molto molto ichiban heavy mofos the c10s and 2 fi4s.

there isnt really anything that feels as dynamic as NS , and asmuch as ilove the shimada, the ns range just have this extra"thing" the X factor, the shafts are def NOTHING alike. thast hte beuty of them there really is a humongous differnce in steel, t

'thats just my thang"

these blades account for 75+% of play time. but idont feel complete unless ihave some "just in casers"

the cavity backs

so heres my choices

the miura cb1006-- and cb3002 TTmonacco shafted ,low launch, heavy , easiest best feeling cavities ive ever used. and the clubs ive hit my 3 lowest scores with in japan clubs. prob............... the only set i will NEVER sell . imight swap the shafts but as far as playability goes, just so simple, not for everyone the shape will not suit most but those it does, they easily become a one horse cowboy. not released to the US u see a heap of top girls here playing these bec they can be shafted with anything and theuy play so damn well.

the nthe yamaha tours.. nothing need saying htere. and the yamah non tour form 2009, on spongy wet grass, oh brother point shoot!

so it would seem my bag has ended its run.......

perhaps the titleist vg 3 might be a consdieration later in life, these are destined for greatness, and i havnt hit them ,but iknow just by the shape they are tops.

its a sad day.

Edited by supo

Just out of curiosity, Stew. Have you hit the onoff forged? It's not exactly the type of irons you would be looking at, but if you mention the vg3s, you have to try the onoff forged.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

yes my playing partner used them before he switched to miura.

they are really soft but agn not my thing. the vg cavities have a distincetive shape to the neck which i love

• 5 weeks later...

the expansion of clubs rotating in the bag has reached fever pitch, as this time of the year is perfect for golf. just before the rainy season and before it gets stoooopidly hot.

i game a differnt set every week right now . with the main focus being on thin soled blades and low bounce wedges i can pick clean, as the grass still isnt in top cond. the fairways play ...well i wont say thin... bit the grass is tough and short still. after the end of june it gets really fluffy and thick.

thats when the whole bag re shapes.

righ now i can still play drivers with roll...

the ryoma-shingo spec

the kamui pro kp-x 9.5*--GD bb

or the yonex nextage--GD p9003x.

the irons have been all t he srixon pro -100s

the miura 5002.

the yonex ezones MB and the miura cb 3002

the tourstage 905s

al these have very thin soles and are great for clipping clean the ball like wise the yonex ezone wedges very thin all round wedges very finicky. very good for tight lies, these have been performing very well.

my fairway woods are now a closed subject.

yamaha v17 v14 wit hthe stinger shafts

and the reserves are the 2007 yamah tours with roddio proto tour issue .

(theres a distinct yamaha bias here i know but i just hit them so damn well i can t be assed changing)

in the summer tho.. ill be swapping over to the yamaha tours irons and the epon af-tours...

almost exclusively..

both of which have much thicker soles

the wedges will be the TS marus they have really fat soles, i dont think these are ideal off thin lies that for sure but in the lushness of green season, these things ROCK!

the drivers in summer i want longer carry ,massive huge soaring bombs,

enola gay stuff.

theres NO wind its 90% humid and 37*

its fricken horrible to play in but the ball just goes a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge distance.

the drivers will be the yamaha tour --crazy cb50 8.2... and the kamui pro kp-x 10.5 with what ever works best in it.

and on non comp days ht e epon 101-- crazy boron will get the nod. that thing is really quite a good driver. iused it i nthe tourny a few weeends ago and hit it well. dont know whay i dont play her more really ???????????????????

the putters ive gone back to the axis of eagle!

the matsumoto mz-07

and the yamada razor.

al lthe rest been binned.

photos of the updated weaponry to come this weekend.

at the rangetomorrow so ill take e the good nikon camera out and get some great outdoor shots of a few of my wears.... and a few of the range i get to use which is just well.. its magnicicent

oh as long as it dont poor with rain!

Edited by supo67

• 1 month later...

the grass has grown, the green season in full swing , rollout is at a minimum... so the bag morphs yet again............,

the drivers in rotation are now the

10.5* kamui pro-GD p9003x

10.5* epon zero-diamana x 70s

10* yamaha tour --crazy cb50 8.2.

and they are going ver y very well indeed.all these get ver ygood distance and huge carry, the lowest beingt he epon zero, but with just the slightest raise of the tee the ball goes from strong piercing to high soaring in a nano-second.

not much esle going to get used for the next 3 months.

the fairways .sorry nothing to report here the stinger shafted 12.8* fairway driver from kasco and the yamaha v17 stinger still have thsoe spots.

althought my eye did wander off again to the new royal collection 305v woods, on severla occasions..,

IF iwas going to change these are the ones that would get the nod most assureadly.

the utes ahve gone.

the irons have been a batle between the miura 5002 and the srixon pro 100, with the pro 100s gettign the nod most times.

but now they wil be benched for the af-tours... the yamaha tours..... and the EPON PERSONALS....

the grass thickness and length means more oomph needed , these clubs provide that oomph. in abundance.

the wedges ahve been the vokey forged, and they are fantastic. for thin lies these things are sueprb, but after playing the tourstage marus agn o nthe weeekend. they WONT be leaving the bag till november id think. just so great for hitting off marshmallow fairways.

the lob wedge is t he shingo onoff labo spec at 59* i though this wasnt enough loft.

ha...!

plenty!!!!!

but that will be benched tiil the grass gets tight. the 61* maru is plenty ok....

the putters i m still plumbing fo the axis eagle in coin matches. but experimenting wth a heap of others ive got .. but the axis has the bag spot for now.

the bag.......... well i manged to secure a roddio tour caddy bag which i needed like a hole i nthe head, but i had to have it anyway along with my lovey onoff cart and kinoshohanpu carry.... i really need to get a differnt life...!

juts got this little fella cpl of days ago to put a cpl of nice new sticks in.

might have to cull a cpl of other bags now now i think.

will prob keep this for a long time

roddio "tour" caddy..

damn thing is HUGE!

ill add some photos of my filled bag soon.

i think ill need a segway to carrry this BRUTE...

in japan EVERYTHING is cart. we walk the course but we have automated carts that meander the course , and caddy push carts that hold four bags on a few other courses so a humongous bag is not a worry here.

i wont be travelling with this thing!

• 4 weeks later...

august 2012 bag,,,,.DELAYED PHOTOS

cpl of pieces not in . but here the jist of it for a wee while ..,

roddio tour bag

kamui pro kpx ---diamana X 70s @ 44.75 x 327 x d2.5 10* sqaure

jbeam 425 tour---roddio m6 proto shingospec 2011 44.75 x d2.5 x 323 9.5*

crazy f14 ---roddio tour proto s7x

crazy f16---roddio tour proto s8x

epon personals--TT monacco X

tourstage maru x-wedge---NS proto 2s14

fourteen h610 21* utility----NS modus 3 tx x

epon zen + mizuno y-304

always tourstage x-01 milds

Niiiiceeeee. Love the Roddio headcovers. Where can I get those?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy... looking at these pictures gets me exited like Herman Monster!!!!

Just to state the obvious… That is some really nice gear there Stew… Also gotta appreciate the amount of thought that goes in to which clubs to play during which part of the season… Really like the white leather tie up Epon putter cover, too...