Yonex 0 iron???

Spoon

guys saw the 0 iron in the blog. i want one! i have been using my epon 901 19* for almost 3 years and love it!

kinda getting bored though and wanted to change it with another driving iron, seeing the fourteen i immediately

wanted one especially after stews testing and review.

now seeing this, this is the one i want! any news on availability? watched ryo in the open and i thought all along

it was a 2i with DI shaft. this would be one hell of a combo!

yonex-japan-golf-fair-11.jpg

yonex-japan-golf-fair-12.jpg

yonex-japan-golf-fair-14.jpg

yonex-japan-golf-fair-15.jpg

guys saw the 0 iron in the blog. i want one! i have been using my epon 901 19* for almost 3 years and love it!

kinda getting bored though and wanted to change it with another driving iron, seeing the fourteen i immediately

wanted one especially after stews testing and review.

now seeing this, this is the one i want! any news on availability? watched ryo in the open and i thought all along

it was a 2i with DI shaft. this would be one hell of a combo!

yonex-japan-golf-fair-11.jpg

yonex-japan-golf-fair-12.jpg

yonex-japan-golf-fair-14.jpg

yonex-japan-golf-fair-15.jpg

What's with the labeling. That's really a 2 driving iron. Looks nice though.

I hit it and it was very difficult to get off the ground. Stew hit it and same result. I'm going to be bagging the new Fourteen Hi610 T.S instead.

I think this Z-iron would be good off the tee but as of now I'm afraid of this thing.

I hit it and it was very difficult to get off the ground. Stew hit it and same result. I'm going to be bagging the new Fourteen Hi610 T.S instead.

I think this Z-iron would be good off the tee but as of now I'm afraid of this thing.

thanks for the update , i wanted this to replace a 19* hybrid but if its so diffucult forget it.

I think I'm also going for the Fourteen. Stew was killing it dead straight with very nice ball flight.

Fourteen afterall has years of experience when it comes to making driving irons.

Many of their models have had tour presence even in the US.

Yonex's model is their first crack. it sure looks great though.

T

fourteen-japan-golf-fair-37.jpg

fourteen-japan-golf-fair-41.jpg

I think I'm also going for the Fourteen. Stew was killing it dead straight with very nice ball flight.

Fourteen afterall has years of experience when it comes to making driving irons.

Many of their models have had tour presence even in the US.

Yonex's model is their first crack. it sure looks great though.

T

fourteen-japan-golf-fair-37.jpg

fourteen-japan-golf-fair-41.jpg

how is the fourteen compared to the AF901? 901 for me is the gold standard for easy to hit off the deck DIrons

Just a note it was pointed out to me by another forum member that yonex has made driving irons in the past so this is indeed not their first crack at it... Though it still looks like the fourteen is the easier of the two. (^-^)

Just a note it was pointed out to me by another forum member that yonex has made driving irons in the past so this is indeed not their first crack at it... Though it still looks like the fourteen is the easier of the two. (^-^)

Hey T, do you want your Fourteen back? Its still sitting in my basement.

Hey T, do you want your Fourteen back? Its still sitting in my basement.

What loft was that again?

Anyway I just added the Zero Iron to the pro shop. Quite pricey as it is of course forged and comes with the high end shaft, the Tour AD Hybrid which is essentially the 200.00 Tour AD UT shaft.

16* 18* 20* and 23* lofts in very mnageable 40" to 39" lengths.

What loft was that again?

Anyway I just added the Zero Iron to the pro shop. Quite pricey as it is of course forged and comes with the high end shaft, the Tour AD Hybrid which is essentially the 200.00 Tour AD UT shaft.

16* 18* 20* and 23* lofts in very mnageable 40" to 39" lengths.

wow i just saw it, $400+ for a driving iron! almost as much

as a much as a good jspec fw. can you order heads only?

wow i just saw it, $400+ for a driving iron! almost as much

as a much as a good jspec fw. can you order heads only?

Hi C,

No heads only unfortunately.

The cost is high as I mentioned due to the shaft since its practically this shaft: http://www.tourspecgolf.com/Graphite-Design-UT-85

They decided to put in a very high grade shaft similar to what Ishikawa is using.

Hi C,

No heads only unfortunately.

The cost is high as I mentioned due to the shaft since its practically this shaft: http://www.tourspecgolf.com/Graphite-Design-UT-85

They decided to put in a very high grade shaft similar to what Ishikawa is using.

yup familiar with that shaft, i used to game the ut85s, however these are color grey and the one ishi is using is the tour ad di 105x hybrid

shaft, im almost 100% positive on that one. the stock photos are also orange so im assuming its the DI? unless of course the color scheme

of the tour ad ut has changed.

http://www.gdintl.com/shafts/tour-ad-di-hybrid/overview

Hi C,

Its essentially the 85 and 95 UT shafts but in Orange to match Ryo-kun's shaft colors. Of course they won't sell his shaft as most mortals would not be able to hit it. (^_^)

Hi C,

Its essentially the 85 and 95 UT shafts but in Orange to match Ryo-kun's shaft colors. Of course they won't sell his shaft as most mortals would not be able to hit it. (^_^)

thanks T! i like the new color scheme. nice and fresh. much better than grey! that one looked a bit drabby:)

• 2 weeks later...

So what i'm understanding is that the Fourteeen is more forgiving. Does anyone know the loft of the Fourteen? And the Yonex?

16, 18, 20, 23 for the yonex not sure about the fourteen.

from those that hit both in the golfshow the fourteen is

the easier of the two to hit. also the 14 is much more

reasonably priced compared to the yonex.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to order one of these and it seems there is a 1 month delay due to the earthquake....

understandable:) what loft did you choose?

Sigh, just ordered my 0 Iron @ 16* with the UT-95 shaft (thanks Gocchin!)

Hoping I dont find it quite as dreadful of the turf as you guys did. >_<

• 1 month later...

has anyone gotten theres? im eyeing a number #3 to replace my epon 22*.

its either this or the #3 iron from my nanov set.