Sending my putter head to Sasaya-san

Spoon

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My opinion on weights in the grip, I like them but I don't think they change the SW feel even though the scale will tell you it does. You might want to try putting the lead tape a little bit above the balance point on the shaft. Also it might need more than you think. If that works then you can brainstorm how to make it pretty...

My opinion on weights in the grip, I like them but I don't think they change the SW feel even though the scale will tell you it does. You might want to try putting the lead tape a little bit above the balance point on the shaft. Also it might need more than you think. If that works then you can brainstorm how to make it pretty...

how can i tell where the balance point is? its shafted with a FF shaft.

Try removing the tungsten weights and replace with some lead tape and see what type of weight your dad/ or you like?? Then you can get lighter tungsten weights to replace em....

how can i tell where the balance point is? its shafted with a FF shaft.

Generally it is fairly low on the shaft with heavy heads. Try to balance the putter on 1 finger, where it balances is the spot.

Try removing the tungsten weights and replace with some lead tape and see what type of weight your dad/ or you like?? Then you can get lighter tungsten weights to replace em....

What's wrong with heavy putter heads? I like the head to be 370g vs the normal 350. Works great on fast green with a steadier and less wristy hand.

What's wrong with heavy putter heads? I like the head to be 370g vs the normal 350. Works great on fast green with a steadier and less wristy hand.

I will reshaft with nspro and prob get a gripmaster leather:)

ok dad abandoned this putter in sheer frustration.

i am xperimenting with it for now.

swingweight a whopping F3. YES F3 not the ryoma F3 mind you. this is a double patty of beef.

i am going to cut the shaft to 34 and see how it feels. if i can get it in the mid E's at 34 i think

i could game this.

From F3 trimmed down to E9 by cutting to 34

Used an improvised chute in the butt to encase around 15grams of counterweight

To bring the swingweight to E0

Dad still finds static snd overall weight heavy but il put it into play if he wont have it..

Wll ser if it can oust the zen

Sounds like overall weight is the issue, try asking Tario about what Sasaya-san can do to lighten it up. I'm pretty sure lighter weights are an option.

C, what is the total static weight of your Dad's putter at 34" before putter counter weight on the grip? 360g head weight according to spec sheet is not excessive.

Edited by Duffer19

Sounds like overall weight is the issue, try asking Tario about what Sasaya-san can do to lighten it up. I'm pretty sure lighter weights are an option.

Thanks T, il try to work with the putter, was my dads decicion to put the weights as he requested it.

Do note this was about 3 years ago things in his biomechanics and game has changed:( this was a long putter

Cllaboration in the making. I really hope we can make this work.

C, what is the total static weight of your Dad's putter at 34" before putter counter weight on the grip? 360g head weight according to spec sheet is not excessive.

Around 570grams at 34.5. This was before i trimmed it .5.

Probably closer to 600grams now with the weight , epoxy and chute system installed

Hmmm that one heavy beast

• 3 weeks later...

I play my Yamada Emperor at 33 inch /365g for rare lefty!