Best Feeling/Looking Players CB

tincup975

Looking to purchase a new set of irons and would like some opinions on JDM clubs. What is the best feeling & looking players CB in the JDM market? I have been looking hard @ Tourstage equipment also Fourteen and Yonex. I have not seen one of these in person so it is very hard for me to know which one to pick. I usually go off of the look of the PW and most pictures don't show the pw. Just want some unbiased opinions and appreciate anyones help. I like some help in the long irons getting the ball into the air and am currently playing KBS tour shafts. Would also like to know what everyones thoughts were on which shafts to play as well. Thanks in advance....

All you have to do is read my sig:

This thread will help

http://forum.tourspecgolf.com/topic/30414-best-forged-irons-poll/

There are at least 4-5 different Players CB'S that I would be happy with.

Yama's

Tourstage

Yuyuri

Royal Collection....

Shaft.... lots of variables, how are the KBS working now?

All you have to do is read my sig:

This thread will help

http://forum.tourspecgolf.com/topic/30414-best-forged-irons-poll/

There are at least 4-5 different Players CB'S that I would be happy with.

Yama's

Tourstage

Yuyuri

Royal Collection....

Shaft.... lots of variables, how are the KBS working now?

KBS tour shafts are working OK, but no where near as smooth as the Tour Concept shafts that I had in my Bridgestone J33 cb irons. I am playing the J36 black limiteds now....maybe its a different forging??? There was some speculation that they had someone other than Endo forge the J36 irons...don't know but I do know they don't feel as smooth and soft as my J33 with the Tour Concept irons...What is sooooo good about the Epon irons? Do you have any pics of the PW on the 302s? Thanks!!!

I'm like a broken record on this one but IMHO you would be hard pressed to find a more perfect looking CB at address (and to me that's the only look that matters) than the Epon 302 irons.

Jim

i totally agree with the 302s! even the 301s are awesome.

but i would also be happy to game the yonex nanovs and the yamaha x tours. frankly speaking there are so

many to choose from!

They are solid. They are soft. They feel great. They are forgiving for a smaller

players CB. They look great and as Jim said, from address they look perfect.

post-9287-025598400 1300164417.jpg

post-9287-056156900 1300164439.jpg

Forgot to mention.

I think the most over looked feature of these Irons is the grind.

Excellent, versatile grind. Except perhaps for the really hard fairways it

doesn't get any better.

They are solid. They are soft. They feel great. They are forgiving for a smaller

players CB. They look great and as Jim said, from address they look perfect.

post-9287-025598400 1300164417.jpg

post-9287-056156900 1300164439.jpg

Forgot to mention.

I think the most over looked feature of these Irons is the grind.

Excellent, versatile grind. Except perhaps for the really hard fairways it

doesn't get any better.

that the pw? i have the 302s from 8-pw and have substituted the 302 pw for a aftour pw

and switch depending on my mood. all using s300s so i can mix and match.

i usually play in lush fairways so i have virtually no experience from hardpan surfaces:)

your irons dont look that used.

that the pw? i have the 302s from 8-pw and have substituted the 302 pw for a aftour pw

and switch depending on my mood. all using s300s so i can mix and match.

i usually play in lush fairways so i have virtually no experience from hardpan surfaces:)

your irons dont look that used.

Did I mention durable?? ;)

I'd say at least 25 - 30 rounds. 10 range sessions.

Yes that is the Pitching Wedge

I do take other sets out here and there.... :)

I keep my clubs clean, wipe after every shot, that includes the

driving range. Keeps the wear way down. It also slows you down

at the range, which for me is a good thing.

Sigh... I really should pick up a set of these...

you should:) did you ever game the aftours prior to selling em?

il show you pics of my newly assembled combo set soon. dad gave me his 5-7af502 and 8-pw 302

shafted em with dgs300. i also have a aftour pw from my onoff cb247 set also with dgs300 so i can

use this one as well with my combo epon set.

also ordered a 702 4 iron . so thats 4different models:) i dont recommend one as extreme as this but

hell i wanted to try the 702 4 iron and the aftour pw just wanted to join the party lol

you should:) did you ever game the aftours prior to selling em?

il show you pics of my newly assembled combo set soon. dad gave me his 5-7af502 and 8-pw 302

shafted em with dgs300. i also have a aftour pw from my onoff cb247 set also with dgs300 so i can

use this one as well with my combo epon set.

also ordered a 702 4 iron . so thats 4different models:) i dont recommend one as extreme as this but

hell i wanted to try the 702 4 iron and the aftour pw just wanted to join the party lol

Unfortunately not. In hindsight, I should have considering that they should be more forgiving than the knives I've been fooling around with. Oh, well...

Maybe you can show them to me in person & educate me on all this talk about single malts when I finally get my butt down there next month. ;)

Unfortunately not. In hindsight, I should have considering that they should be more forgiving than the knives I've been fooling around with. Oh, well...

Maybe you can show them to me in person & educate me on all this talk about single malts when I finally get my butt down there next month. ;)

sure that sounds good! il ask vince to join us. btw what knives are you gaming now?

• 4 weeks later...

God we get it.. epon epon epon epon epon epon. Break the monotony - get a set of Yururi, Miura, or even yamaha and you will be a happy man. Im with (Supo) I think it was - who was just selling his Epons, Ive tried and tried and they jsut dont work for me, and to be completely honest.. I can hit most clubs so long as they are half decent.

oh - or for some outside the box thinking - KZG makes a great set of tour cavity backs. http://www.kzgolf.com/sites/courses/layout9.asp?id=588&page=37679

For me today this is the order of my lust.

TourStage 905 Limited CB's

Yururi KM-0107

Titleist VG3 Forged

PRGR id BL Forged

Yamaha V-Forged or Tour Model

Epon AF302

Custom Finish/Grind Mizuno MP-58

Royal Collection BBD Tour VS Forged

now depending on how player, shape, and features you desire I would make my selection within that. Some are more blade like than others.

Seconding the KM-0107 and RC BBDs

I probably have not handled as many as the guys here but my vote for best looking from all directions except at address goes to the black Yururi KM0107, aka Batman's irons. Best looking at address has to be the Miura CB202; thin topline with just a hint of offset. Best feeling on impact = Epon 302; I've heard it's buttery, it's sweet, but if I had to describe the sensation, I'd say it's satisfaction.