What is currently the hottest Japanese Driver head?

Eca

I'm totally intrigued with Japanese equipment but often hard to find info/comparisons. I'm only learning from what i've read around the traps. A PRGR Egg spoon is on the way courtesy of Hunt & is probably my first taste since i dont think the Miz MP68 (which i love) is Japan made (or is it?).

I saw a vid on jbeam 425 but googling any driver from the proshop doesnt really tell me much outside this site. Currently using Adams Classic with Oban devo 07 05 untipped 9.5 (266cpm) 100-105 SS as a guide (still hit it fairly high).

Cheers

Eric

I'm totally intrigued with Japanese equipment but often hard to find info/comparisons. I'm only learning from what i've read around the traps. A PRGR Egg spoon is on the way courtesy of Hunt & is probably my first taste since i dont think the Miz MP68 (which i love) is Japan made (or is it?).

I saw a vid on jbeam 425 but googling any driver from the proshop doesnt really tell me much outside this site. Currently using Adams Classic with Oban devo 07 05 untipped 9.5 (266cpm) 100-105 SS as a guide (still hit it fairly high).

Cheers

Eric

oh boy your in trouble kabayan! once you have a taste of jspec gear its hard to turn back.

for me one of the hottest softest feeling drivers i have ever tried is the epon 102, my current

gamer and i have not even ventured into deeper more exotic waters such as the jbeam and

ryoma. those two are currently on my two shopping lists for late this year but leaning towards

the ryoma. and dont forget the shafts, quadra, crazy as they will make the experience uber

enjoyable.

take your time and do learn from all the members from the site, we were all jspec newbies at

one point but the force is strong in the dark side. the egg is for sure better than whatever

you are currenly gaming. let me know how that proto shaft feels

theres so, so many great woods.

for feel the epon yamaha are my 2 favs.

for ease that callway thing and on off

straightness the j beam and ryoma

distance wise all are pretty darn good .

cost wise the maruman conductor...

id gladly play all these without hesitation what so ever.

just get the right shaft in these heads and roberts ya fathers brother.....,

Thanks C & S.. looks like i'll get into more trouble with wife soon. All of a sudden, I'm getting a 'not right' feeling where I'm going to put this quadra shaft..

One of my friends here who also got into the Jspec gear already emailed me that I will get hooked and end up with Jspec gear once i get the Egg Spoon. He has one and using also crazy shafts on his Driver/FW.

Mmm both of you are using the same driver.. that's sayings something. I just remembered i have hit an epon driver but dont know what type a couple of years ago from a dealer (forgot his name Jo?) but we were focusing more on the $800 shaft that he was showing me. All i remember was it was rated as stiff but when you waggle it, its like a senior shaft.

So what is the price for the Epon 102 head? That's still a new release right?

current model yes

new i think they are about 800 ish

used and in great nick u would be hard pressed to get one under 500 i would have thought

i certian;y wouldnt let one go for anything less.

more like 600-650 id say ball park ????? maybe more.

Thanks C & S.. looks like i'll get into more trouble with wife soon. All of a sudden, I'm getting a 'not right' feeling where I'm going to put this quadra shaft..

One of my friends here who also got into the Jspec gear already emailed me that I will get hooked and end up with Jspec gear once i get the Egg Spoon. He has one and using also crazy shafts on his Driver/FW.

Mmm both of you are using the same driver.. that's sayings something. I just remembered i have hit an epon driver but dont know what type a couple of years ago from a dealer (forgot his name Jo?) but we were focusing more on the $800 shaft that he was showing me. All i remember was it was rated as stiff but when you waggle it, its like a senior shaft.

they dont sell heads only. unless you get used.

yes its a current release. i cant imagine them improving

further on this model. its perfect.

Thanks Guys.. Just read up on Ryoma & T's test.. Holy #$%^ that V Spec is awesome looking. Bottom kinda remind me of the Adams classic. $950 for the head wow.. seem like where Quadra belongs but there is no way i can swindle this without something being cut off during my sleep. Sounds like its for real and the technology does work. Any other test done on this you can point me towards (English pls lol)?

I just saw a recent thread with quite a few experiences in there including Stew's.. Somebody Stop Me!

Thanks Guys.. Just read up on Ryoma & T's test.. Holy #$%^ that V Spec is awesome looking. Bottom kinda remind me of the Adams classic. $950 for the head wow.. seem like where Quadra belongs but there is no way i can swindle this without something being cut off during my sleep. Sounds like its for real and the technology does work. Any other test done on this you can point me towards (English pls lol)?

tell me about it, when my dad saw the blog he told me to to get one for him. thinking of picking up one myself

a 9.5v but most likely end of the year. done with my bag for now. oh wait im sending my putter for re working

and am looking for a yamaha hybrid:)

With the driver u have, u can C. Gr8 bag btw. U back playing yet?

Now the question is how do I do this lol

With the driver u have, u can C. Gr8 bag btw. U back playing yet?

Now the question is how do I do this lol

just be nice to your wife and get your gear slowly in staggered shipments Lol!!

nope not playing yet, was in the range and just hit half swing knockdowns

with my pw. cant turn my core so im all handsy. hopefully before may.

did some dryswings after my pt session today. oh boy soo smooth and controlled

without the ball. if only it were that simple

cool.. dont rush it this time :) can you lay by purchase? lol not sure if that term is used back home.

ECA,

Good luck to you. I learned long ago that you just, me in any case, cannot fool a woman who loves you. The best hope you have is to just be nice and considerate to them ALL the time. That way they might allow you a little room for personal foolishness.

I like your direction and am likewise shopping for good shafts to refit favored heads. I've also experienced those fairway moments wherein you make a great shot and know it wasn't right and are left wondering where the wrong was.

Shambles

ECA,

Good luck to you. I learned long ago that you just, me in any case, cannot fool a woman who loves you. The best hope you have is to just be nice and considerate to them ALL the time. That way they might allow you a little room for personal foolishness.

I like your direction and am likewise shopping for good shafts to refit favored heads. I've also experienced those fairway moments wherein you make a great shot and know it wasn't right and are left wondering where the wrong was.

Shambles

Nicely put Shambles. Long time no speak.. Kamusta :)

I dont even know why i try to be sneaky.. my wife always bust me lol.

I've stopped hoeing for a full year. My only expense more or less was Spoons VIP treatment on my set when i went back home. Then i start learning about Jspec gear..sigh.. it never ends. Good thing is I'm set with Hybrid-Irons-Putter. Its the two longest clubs triggered by an injured/weakened left wrist.. any excuse i suppose :)

Eca if you can wait Spoon will eventually have the Ryoma demo and you can try it.

T, I'm in Sydney. If the a demo 9.5v S or XS comes this way, pls let me know.

T, I'm in Sydney. If the a demo 9.5v S or XS comes this way, pls let me know.

can send it to you down under after i receive it. there quite a few tsger's in oz that may want to try it

as well.

can send it to you down under after i receive it. there quite a few tsger's in oz that may want to try it

as well.

Cool! Thanks :)

Yeah its Joe at clubmaxx golf who is the distributor for Epon in Australia

Yeah its Joe at clubmaxx golf who is the distributor for Epon in Australia

Yea that's him at St Marys .. I remember how nice it felt but the focus back then was that exotic japanese shaft for $800

Yea that's him at St Marys .. I remember how nice it felt but the focus back then was that exotic japanese shaft for $800

that would have been the 101, you should go see him and have a hit of his 102 with the qualazer shaft he recons the best shaft by a mile even better than crazy/quadra hand made in japan apparently, i was tempted but without being able to demo i didnt want to take the risk as its a $6-$700 shaft and i was worried about resale if it didnt suit me, so i decided to stick with the Crazy/Quadras. If you ever get over to Perth your welcome to have a hit of my 101,102 and jbeam drivers i notice you play a similar flex to me, the 102 is a major cannon would be my pick for the hottest driver but could all change once the jbeam is shafted up

that would have been the 101, you should go see him and have a hit of his 102 with the qualazer shaft he recons the best shaft by a mile even better than crazy/quadra hand made in japan apparently, i was tempted but without being able to demo i didnt want to take the risk as its a $6-$700 shaft and i was worried about resale if it didnt suit me, so i decided to stick with the Crazy/Quadras. If you ever get over to Perth your welcome to have a hit of my 101,102 and jbeam drivers i notice you play a similar flex to me, the 102 is a major cannon would be my pick for the hottest driver but could all change once the jbeam is shafted up

Thanks I will :) Sick bag btw. I'm a few mph less than you I think. I like the stronger flex in driver only as I tend to get a little aggressive. Stew & C are using the 102 for that same reason I guess. Should really visit Joe since he's 10min away lol.

Thanks I will :) Sick bag btw. I'm a few mph less than you I think. I like the stronger flex in driver only as I tend to get a little aggressive. Stew & C are using the 102 for that same reason I guess. Should really visit Joe since he's 10min away lol.

you really have no excuse if its 10min away:) you will love the feel of the 102!