What is currently the hottest Japanese Driver head?

Eca

heres my fav driver heads in no order

epon101

epon 102

yamaha v 201

yamaha v 4.6 rpm

yamaha v 4.6

onoff xd

ryoma v spec

j beam 435 adn 425

yonex nextage 430

callway erc 3

original diablo

TM tp burner

thats off the top of my head thers obv. some glaring omisions

but for my swing and style

everyone of these has served me exceptionally well.

if i was to be given any of these and thast it, id have no probs what soever.

top heads all these..!

heres my fav driver heads in no order

epon101

epon 102

yamaha v 201

yamaha v 4.6 rpm

yamaha v 4.6

onoff xd

ryoma v spec

j beam 435 adn 425

yonex nextage 430

callway erc 3

original diablo

TM tp burner

thats off the top of my head thers obv. some glaring omisions

but for my swing and style

everyone of these has served me exceptionally well.

if i was to be given any of these and thast it, id have no probs what soever.

top heads all these..!

if you were to choose two? high stakes tourney what would you bring? 14 club rule applies

have to be the epon 102 quadra proto and the ready for this....................................................

diablo gd ev6x 10*

you really have no excuse if its 10min away:) you will love the feel of the 102!

Yea, thats the scary part. You said it's not sold as head, whats the stock shaft?

have to be the epon 102 quadra proto and the ready for this....................................................

diablo gd ev6x 10*

Wow.. over the Ryoma. What shaft have you got on it? Maybe havent dialled it in yet?

Wow.. over the Ryoma. What shaft have you got on it? Maybe havent dialled it in yet?

He has the quadra proto x. Stock shaft on epon website is the tour ad di but you can pretty much choose any shaft. Check options in the proshop

Thanks I will :) Sick bag btw. I'm a few mph less than you I think. I like the stronger flex in driver only as I tend to get a little aggressive. Stew & C are using the 102 for that same reason I guess. Should really visit Joe since he's 10min away lol.

God id be there every week if i was 10mins away, joes a top bloke you can get pretty much any shaft you want with epon, which can be a problem...........had many a sleepless night trying to make a decision on what shaft. Tell him you want bill skippers discount......haha he will probably double the price............."thats that f**k witt you wastes hours of my time on the phone" no seriously he will look after you. if you get to hit that qualazer shaft i want to hear what you think of it

God id be there every week if i was 10mins away, joes a top bloke you can get pretty much any shaft you want with epon, which can be a problem...........had many a sleepless night trying to make a decision on what shaft. Tell him you want bill skippers discount......haha he will probably double the price............."thats that f**k witt you wastes hours of my time on the phone" no seriously he will look after you. if you get to hit that qualazer shaft i want to hear what you think of it

lol .. definitely a top bloke. I will mention you. When I first visited him after my long lay off & let my membership lapse.. we just looked at each other coz we played golf together a few times between 1999-2004. I will be seeing him once I get to try the quadra in the 9064ls head. The Epon 102 & Ryoma Vspec definitely has got my attention.

He has the quadra proto x. Stock shaft on epon website is the tour ad di but you can pretty much choose any shaft. Check options in the proshop

Thanks C.. thats a very direct comparison between the 102 and D-1. Does it still make you wanna get the Ryoma?

feel wise epon over the ryoma...., yes when i got the middle of both of these the epon feels better and grabs my attention longer. nad ive only played one round with both the epon 102 proto and ryoma crazy

that round i played with the epon was memorbale.

i like the look of the head at adrress more as wel.

both are top 5 drivers tho

makes no odds

just when i drive well id rather use the epon.

and that my best shot day in day out.

Thanks C.. thats a very direct comparison between the 102 and D-1. Does it still make you wanna get the Ryoma?

not at the moment. when i was gaming the epon/di there was clearly something amiss, now that i have the

quadra im totally happy. nothing wrong with the combo. i will defintely stick with this one for now.

That's really helpful info guys.. appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks Chris. So far the Ryoma v spec and Jbeam 425 has got me salivating. Just got the quadra today to try out as my 1st real taste of quality JDM. Im sure its a start of something :)

thanks Chris. So far the Ryoma v spec and Jbeam 425 has got me salivating. Just got the quadra today to try out as my 1st real taste of quality JDM. Im sure its a start of something :)

You will love the Quadra, is that the FE? super smooth shaft kicks the ball out a bit lower than the crazy 80s. Have you had a chance to hit joes driver yet?

It is the FE 65XS. Haven't seen Joe Yet.. Im waiting to try this shaft 1st plus I have a couple of house projects I need to complete before the Mrs gives me more coins lol.

When you say lower launch just due to kickpoint? Is it lower spinning shaft? I do hit the ball fairly high so it might help.

Edited by Eca