New Kenmochi Products Official Topic

Wow, really clean and pure looking stuff. Cant wait for the other pics.

Very clean look indeed. Any chance of "raw" blade or even a combo set?

F

Yes landshark, Kenmochi is using 2 open model iron head designs, the difference is in the grind like topline, face shape etc..

It comes down to a preference of shape and grind when choosing between the two. IMO the Geotech's have the better price to value ratio yet the Kenmochi's have the slight edge in grind and appearance.

The 901 looks exactly like my Geotech EK but with badge.

Hey guys, is the driver a satin/matte black as the pictures appear or is it shinny? Do we have the ability to order it a bit heavier maybe like 200gr's to play to a shorter driver length? Cool looking stick...BB

Edited by BigBen

this 901 head.........,

i have in my zone sprout protos, and the j beam do thier cavity with as well

very popular mould , great looking and beautiful to play. very easy to hit but with a bit of "playability"

the grind is the big thing on this head, the sole here looks smaller than on my prtos.

really nice feel.

the wedges are a very versatile grind. very good off hard pan ground

and great rom abunker to hit offf the toe.

design i think is beaiutiful, simple and classy.

Would extra sleeves be available for purchase separately besides the one that comes with the driver package?

The Sleeves are adjusted at the time of shaft installation only. Its a very simple and straight forward process that you would tell your clubmaker before building. Tomorrow we have 4 clubs being tested at the range, Yonex 380, Ryoma V-Spec w/ Muziik BangVoo, New Srixon Z-TX, and Kenmochi KD-01 w/ Crazy CB-46 Black 6.7. I just shafted one up today, here are the pics:

img_4973.jpg

img_4952.jpg

img_4878.jpg

img_4940.jpg

img_4864.jpg

I guess my question was what if I have multiple shafts for one single head? Would I be needing a sleeve for each shaft as with most recent TMs that you can swap on the go?

You'll certainly need a sleeve for every shaft if you just want to swap in and out at will. We will have to check with Kenmochi on cost.

you just want to swap in and out at will

I think that would probably apply to 80% of the people here.tsg_smiley_crazy.gif

that is a sexy driver, but damn... those irons have the most obnoxious top-line i have had the misfortune of seeing in ages... Everything else is nice looking though. Something about the putter just looks unfinished to me... smooth face is a bit odd

#1 - Its THICK

#2 - Broken into 3 Visible sections making it feel busy

#3 its rolling, it isnt a smooth line from front to wake it peels off at the toe and

why would you apply the same finish to the topline as the face? Why the unnecessary bending and odd thickness...

here is a proper topline for a cavity back

http://www.golfshaftsasia.com/images/miura/mc-102-03.jpg

Would I buy these personally? No but IMO from above it's better than many.

It's a sub 6mm head, most of us here play that range or bigger. Players CB's for reference are in the 5.5 zone your KZG blades are for sure much thinner.

In regards to the taper on the toe It's not common but also not so rare. In fact the ONOFF Forged has that feature as well, It does have a purpose.

The broken in 3 parts I don't get it. The pic you linked us to is at a very different angle, looks like a muscle back as well.

I would classify it as a thin top line, low offset, and Japanese neck style and it looks pretty good.

Keep in mind I have a fixed ranged zoom lens which makes the head look much bigger than it actually is.

Here is another image for you ( again zoomed way in )

IMG_3805.jpg

http://www.golfshaftsasia.com/miura/mc-102.php

That is the top line on the 102 cavity back from Miura - not a muscle back.

I dont like how the finish in the impact area extends to the top-line.

Im not sure what you mean either - I suspect we are seeing things differently which is natural. Anyway - doest suit my eye AT all. But it could be somebody elses favorite. W/e suits your eye..

Gotcha I actually don't like that either when they sand blast or in this case sand spray the top line like that.

Were on the same page it doesn't suit my eye. I just don't think its obnoxious though.

obnoxious may have been overkill... but its one of the worst toplines for a forged JDM design I have seen. Not as bad as some of the garish stuff they sell in the states