Miura Series 1957 - KM350

This is my favorite club, I love everything about it, its adress, the weight, the buttery feel of a forged putter, the deep grinding, for me it is perfection in a golf club. Irons can be replaced with something better, drivers come and go... but this putter I cant imagine replacing. I bought two just to make sure I always have one in case god forbid something happens to my gamer.

anyone else play one of these?

I have one too. Feel like soft butter when hitting on the sweet spot. Cut it down to 33 inch, definitely on par with my SC Calniformia in terms of performance and feel.

Guest kbeasley

This putter was my introduction to JDM gear a couple years ago, couldn't have picked a better club to start off my obsession.

Mine is set up with a 35" NS Pro Putter shaft and IOmic grip. This club gives lots of feedback and produces a gentle, predictable roll when smoothly struck. Lovely in the hands, a real joy to use. My golf buddies all ask me how I can putt with "that little half blade". I think it is as close to perfection as putter can get.

Will try to get a picture up later. In the mean time, this page at the Miura web site has some excellent pix and commentary.

• 4 months later...

Ne1 got pics framing a ball? Thinking if getting one of this.

That is one of the best looking putters I've seen! Do want!

That is one of the best looking putters I've seen! Do want!

Ditto.. Can't stop thinking about it..

I'm in the process of getting one assembled and delivered. Will provide feedback and photos when it's been on the greens a few times.

In the meantime, I'll say this: what impressed me the most when I demo'ed it was the very dense head. It provided a superb, solid feel; clear and obvious feedback with respect to direction; and in particular, helped to modulate my pendulum-like swing, which provided excellent distance control. It was like a metronome.

Furthermore, in my opinion, its subtle and understated elegance really help it to stand out from the pack. If you have an opportunity to look at it next to a bunch of (admittedly spectacular) Anser lookalikes - such as Camerons, Gold's, Bettinardi, TP Mills, etc. - and especially the current crop of "techy" Spiders, Machines, Odysseys, and others, you'll see what I mean. I picked it up because it was a bit different that all those other glorious putters, and I bought it because it worked so well.

It will replace my SC Newport.

I'm in the process of getting one assembled and delivered. Will provide feedback and photos when it's been on the greens a few times.

In the meantime, I'll say this: what impressed me the most when I demo'ed it was the very dense head. It provided a superb, solid feel; clear and obvious feedback with respect to direction; and in particular, helped to modulate my pendulum-like swing, which provided excellent distance control. It was like a metronome.

Furthermore, in my opinion, its subtle and understated elegance really help it to stand out from the pack. If you have an opportunity to look at it next to a bunch of (admittedly spectacular) Anser lookalikes - such as Camerons, Gold's, Bettinardi, TP Mills, etc. - and especially the current crop of "techy" Spiders, Machines, Odysseys, and others, you'll see what I mean. I picked it up because it was a bit different that all those other glorious putters, and I bought it because it worked so well.

It will replace my SC Newport.

Hey T,

Where did u end up getting it? Im in talks with Ted now. I'm experiencing that 'dense & compact' head in the LE blades and loving it so I thought why not continue on with the flat stick. They look so sexy too.

E

Eric, I sent you an email.

Thanks Trey

E,

Off topic, but I'd like to know how the new irons are working. Jealous! Maybe you can post your thoughts on the main forum, esp. as compared to the Mizzys you were playing.

E,

Off topic, but I'd like to know how the new irons are working. Jealous! Maybe you can post your thoughts on the main forum, esp. as compared to the Mizzys you were playing.

Thanks for email, just weighing things up.

With new irons, just giving it a few more rounds coz I'm not a range person. :)

Guest kbeasley

Ne1 got pics framing a ball? Thinking if getting one of this.

Sorry so late to this thread, have some pix of my KM-350.

The one thing to know about this putter is that it is 71* lie angle, which for me means that I had to cut mine down to 32in to be able to get my eyes over the ball at address. Since I figured that out, this club has been gold.

Any way, PIX!!

Enjoy...

Top view, close up

post-13567-045446500 1314151078.jpg

Front view

post-13567-048094500 1314151099.jpg

What I see standing over a putt

post-13567-016267600 1314151233.jpg

Thanks Kbeasley! Great Pics.

Got offered a good deal on the New KM007, now i.m confused lol coz i really like the 1/2 shaft offset.

post-13849-097682200 1314156621.jpg

post-13849-091728900 1314156624.jpg

post-13849-094503000 1314156628.jpg

post-13849-095009700 1314156631.jpg

post-13849-069746500 1314156886.jpg

Edited by Eca

good looking putter

im looking at the yamada razor

liking this type of look

Very classy, clean set up Stew.

Eric,

I considered the 007 as well (bet we got the same price quote!), and decided on the 350 because of its smaller, simpler head, which appeals to me after using an Anser style putter for so long. Stylistically, I also prefer the smaller 'deck area' behind the face on the 350. Did Ted send you any side-by-side comparison photos (frontal, address/framing the ball, rear) of the 007 and 350, similar to the 350 vs 005 comparison on the Miura website? And have you used either style putter before to know how they might differ in feel (better, have you hit them side-by-side to be able to compare)?

I agree with you that the smaller offset on the 007 looks much nicer at address (IMO) than the full-shaft offset on the 350. I also really like the more continuous gauge between the hosel and the shaft on the 007, which is very apparent in the pictures you posted, as compared to the pictures kbeasley put up of the 350.

Decisions, decisions. In the end, they're both at the top end of their respective design styles, and it comes down to what appeals to your eye. (So, to repeat your question to me a while ago, why not just get them both!)

Closing thought: I've read that the 007 is about 10 grams heavier than the 350, which begs the question how the mass is distributed in the two club heads? That is: assuming that the density of the steel is the same, and knowing the 007 is somewhat larger (I've read the 007 is 3.75" long, whereas the 350 is 3.5"L, and the 007 has a substantially deeper deck), why is the 007 only 10 g heavier?

Hey Trey pm

KM 350 is truly an amazing putter, ive been playing it for about a month and I can't see ever playing a Cameron again(have 11 of em!), the feel is amazing and buttery soft and at the same time the ball comes VERY hot off the face and rolls OH SO true, the sound at impact is great, sounds very solid which I loovvveee. I really cannot say enough good things about this putter, it looks just awesome at address, and you really need to see the finish in person to understand how gorgeous it is, In the sunlight it gets these cool oily, swirly, rainbowy effects that make the putter look like a piece of art. I can't see this leaving the bag anytime soon, I'm excited to try the km007 as I like the smaller offset. I'm also looking to pick up a Gold's Factory with the PZ insert and I'll be interested to see how it compares to the Miuras.

J.

that's the trouble, switching my order to the 007 is not easing the itch for the 350. I

I have a really great idea.............. Get em' both lol. If you wind up preferring the 350 and didn't wanna hang onto the both of them I would buy the 007 from you in a heartbeat. If you prefer the 007, I'm sure you wouldn't have any problems moving the 350(chime in Stew lol). No reason not to figure out which you really like best, or just have two dynamite putters in the rotation :tsg_smiley_pimp:

Hope this helps.

J.

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention E, the feel of the 350 is very similar to your baby blades(as much as a putter can feel like an iron), in so much as it's nice and soft, but also has a really nice solid punchy feeling that gives it some authority, the 350 and the baby blades go really well together. Not sure how the 007 compares yet but i'm gonna assume that it's similar.

J.