Rudolf got the idea to slap a Porsche Boxster engine into a 1973 VW Beetle when he noticed how the two cars had a very similar wheelbase. In order to mate the two different cars together, the VW Beetle shell was custom fitted to go on the Porsche Boxster’s chassis. The fenders on the VW Beetle had to be modified in order to fit the 18-inch rims and the adjustable suspension. As for the interior, the door panels are from the VW Beetle while the dashboard is from the Porsche Boxster.

The new and improved Porsche Boxster Beetle puts down 270 horsepower and is pretty much considered a sleeper. With the Porsche chassis and new suspension, this is probably one of the best handling Beetle’s around.

Boxster-Beetle-Bugster-3.jpg

Boxter-Beetle-Bugster-9.jpg

Boxster-Beetle-Bugster-5.jpg

i could probably appreciate this if i was a beetle fan but i am not. id take the boxster anyday:)

these offered to the general public or is a one off?

one off but im sure they would make one for enough money. Yea i know it's not everyones cup of tea, I don't know why I love the blend of new and old so much.

That was a fun thing in the heyday of the Beetle. If memory serves, Steve McQueen roared through Hollywood in one built with an 8 cylinder engine back in the late 70's or early 80's. There were a fair number home built back then but the idea faded after only a short while. Personally, I've always chosen comfort over extreme performance.

Shambles