question on endo forging

swing981

i palyed a set of my mates onoff plus a fewmonths ago with roddio graphite , in stiff flex

not sure which ones but thought the ball felt really damp.

distance was better and over all felt really smooth and easy to hit , buti didnt like htem one little bit

cant see why ud use them esp when stel is so good and versatile, so many differt styles and flexs

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

like i said vibration dampening, thats all i personally want from them given their specs match or better steel in terms of dispersion and trajectory. right now i'm constrained to range mats over concrete and while that sux it aint gonna change for me in the near future and i do hit alot of balls and majority of them with irons. since those hits are essentially hit downs ie negative attack angle, there is no escaping it, wrists, elbows and shoulder blades take hits so what i wanna do is to stop some of that strain at the shaft so my body does not have to take as much. if i have to sacrifice some feel for it so be it, feel with rock hard range balls aint that great to begin with anyway. hitting real ones off the turf when playing shouldnt be that bad with high end graphite, people report that Matrix Ozik Program for example feels pretty good past impact actually. that was another one i was looking at but it seems its designed for high launch. if i could hit real balls off turf for practice i wouldnt bother with looking into high end graphite, especially at its current prices.

i palyed a set of my mates onoff plus a fewmonths ago with roddio graphite , in stiff flex

not sure which ones but thought the ball felt really damp.

distance was better and over all felt really smooth and easy to hit , buti didnt like htem one little bit

cant see why ud use them esp when stel is so good and versatile, so many differt styles and flexs

like i said vibration dampening, thats all i personally want from them given their specs match or better steel in terms of dispersion and trajectory. right now i'm constrained to range mats over concrete and while that sux it aint gonna change for me in the near future and i do hit alot of balls and majority of them with irons. since those hits are essentially hit downs ie negative attack angle, there is no escaping it, wrists, elbows and shoulder blades take hits so what i wanna do is to stop some of that strain at the shaft so my body does not have to take as much. if i have to sacrifice some feel for it so be it, feel with rock hard range balls aint that great to begin with anyway. hitting real ones off the turf when playing shouldnt be that bad with high end graphite, people report that Matrix Ozik Program for example feels pretty good past impact actually. that was another one i was looking at but it seems its designed for high launch. if i could hit real balls off turf for practice i wouldnt bother with looking into high end graphite, especially at its current prices.

Change your angle of attack. From my experience, a shallower swing prevents digging and is more consistent for impact ... and also requires less range time and practice at least for me.

Well going to graphite will surely have better dampening properties and much easier on your arm.

to be honest i dont wanna make swing changes to accommodate that in addition to working hard on something as it is and i dont care about digging because once the ball is gone how much it digs is irrelevant and if it digs before the impact well, thats completely different problem then. love my range practice despite mats and all, range rat i guess so if anything i would rather have more of it not less. in any case i dont have that much of angle anyway, cant recall exactly but its in -4-5 range for 6 iron i think, going shallower would be pretty much swiping it and while 100% agree that it would sure be great for preventing strain when hitting tons of balls it just not something i wanna do.

Change your angle of attack. From my experience, a shallower swing prevents digging and is more consistent for impact ... and also requires less range time and practice at least for me.

Well going to graphite will surely have better dampening properties and much easier on your arm.

to be honest i dont wanna make swing changes to accommodate that in addition to working hard on something as it is and i dont care about digging because once the ball is gone how much it digs is irrelevant and if it digs before the impact well, thats completely different problem then. love my range practice despite mats and all, range rat i guess so if anything i would rather have more of it not less. in any case i dont have that much of angle anyway, cant recall exactly but its in -4-5 range for 6 iron i think, going shallower would be pretty much swiping it and while 100% agree that it would sure be great for preventing strain when hitting tons of balls it just not something i wanna do.

There isn't one way to play golf for sure. It's whatever works and doesn't cause too much injuries whether to the wrist, elbow, shoulder or back.

There isn't one way to play golf for sure. It's whatever works and doesn't cause too much injuries whether to the wrist, elbow, shoulder or back.

tell me about it, slipped and herniated discs, torn lumbar and piriformis muscles etc etc. all because of golf. ive had to change my swing to

adapt to my post injury golfing and so far so good. down to an S from an x in all my gear. dont think il be using graphite anytime soon.

graphite aint gonna help you with any of those anyway. those problems are not from impact but rather from forcing your body into positions its not supposed to be in, at high speed. same for knee injuries etc. you will get no help from graphite or any other possible shaft technology for that sort of stuff and changing your swing is the only way forward like you found out and we all find it out the hard way it seems. graphite helps with vibration dampening on and most importantly past impact with irons and its not a panacea for any swing flaws.

tell me about it, slipped and herniated discs, torn lumbar and piriformis muscles etc etc. all because of golf. ive had to change my swing to

adapt to my post injury golfing and so far so good. down to an S from an x in all my gear. dont think il be using graphite anytime soon.

Yeah, it can be down right hazardous out there between the pines.

The most common reason why someone change their swing over time is aging. If only we can figure out how to fix that aging problem.

• 11 months later...

like i said vibration dampening, thats all i personally want from them given their specs match or better steel in terms of dispersion and trajectory. ... hitting real ones off the turf when playing shouldnt be that bad with high end graphite, people report that Matrix Ozik Program for example feels pretty good past impact actually. that was another one i was looking at but it seems its designed for high launch. if i could hit real balls off turf for practice i wouldnt bother with looking into high end graphite, especially at its current prices.

Personally, I like the feel of high end graphite shafts... Don't think I have lost any of the "feel" of steel with the exception of bad vibrations on miss hit shots. Good clean contact still feels as pure, have no problem getting "where on the face" I hit the ball, etc... I am a convert...

Of the current line up only the TC930 Forged is.

TC 1000 Forged is Endo forged I think. However it seems to need attention in use. It's so easy to bend the ball with it that you can do so without planning to do so. I've been bagging my set lately for the sake of the difference. CFhange helps Golf stay interesting for me.

Shambles

which one have you converted to ? i did convert myself since that post a year ago, went with Programs. they do feel good but definitely not the same as steel for me, steel feels more sharp to me. they do a very good job at vibration dampening so i guess that difference in feel is to be expected. i'd say people who love soft buttery feel and play heads that give them that would actually make their irons feel even better with good graphite shaft and people who prefer more sharp feel would need to get used to them if they decide to convert from steel. in my case with mb5003 which is more of a solid feel head its kinda compromise with this shaft, if i had to play them in Mizuno heads for example i would probably hate them as such combo would probably have no sharpness at all. just wanted to share my observations in case it helps somebody whos on the fence and cant decide whether to make the switch or not.

Personally, I like the feel of high end graphite shafts... Don't think I have lost any of the "feel" of steel with the exception of bad vibrations on miss hit shots. Good clean contact still feels as pure, have no problem getting "where on the face" I hit the ball, etc... I am a convert...

Mizzys softer feel then endo in general?

idont know the naswer to that ive only hit the mp68s

they were very soft yes,

but EPON ithink are the softer .

the af-tours blades are just crazy easy soft to hit.

i dont see anything or i cetianly havnt hit anyting softer and easier in blades, not even close.

Ive owned or tried out just about every iron that Mizuno has made in the past 10 years and, at least as compared to the Endo forged Bridgestone/Precept/Tourstage irons that Ive hit, the Mizunos are softer by comparison.

There isnt a huge difference but there is a difference.

In comparison though, Id say the Endo forged irons are of a higher quality because its not at all uncommon for the swingweights as well as loft/lie of brand new Mizunos to be slightly off. I know a lot of people who needed to have their new Mizunos adjusted slightly.

I have the Crazy CBI Evo 2 on a set of TourStage 905 MB and Fuji Rombax 115i attached to some Miura baby blades. Am expecting the RomaRo Pro MB using the UST Mamiya Attas Tours in the not too distant future as well.

Had a couple of mis**ts while warming up, didn't make a normal swing and skulled the ball pretty bad. It was in the mid 40s F* and had I done that with the NS SP Blue, KBS Tours or even the NSPro 950 it would have taken several minutes for the pain to leave my hands in each case. Glad I made the switch, elbows and shoulders primarily but the hands thank me too...

which one have you converted to ? i did convert myself since that post a year ago, went with Programs. they do feel good but definitely not the same as steel for me, steel feels more sharp to me. they do a very good job at vibration dampening so i guess that difference in feel is to be expected. i'd say people who love soft buttery feel and play heads that give them that would actually make their irons feel even better with good graphite shaft and people who prefer more sharp feel would need to get used to them if they decide to convert from steel. in my case with mb5003 which is more of a solid feel head its kinda compromise with this shaft, if i had to play them in Mizuno heads for example i would probably hate them as such combo would probably have no sharpness at all. just wanted to share my observations in case it helps somebody whos on the fence and cant decide whether to make the switch or not.

wow, looks like you got them all :) would be interested in your review/observations on Attas Tours once you get them. i know what you mean on mis**ts there just no sting at all seems no matter how bad a mis**t.

I have the Crazy CBI Evo 2 on a set of TourStage 905 MB and Fuji Rombax 115i attached to some Miura baby blades. Am expecting the RomaRo Pro MB using the UST Mamiya Attas Tours in the not too distant future as well.

Had a couple of mis**ts while warming up, didn't make a normal swing and skulled the ball pretty bad. It was in the mid 40s F* and had I done that with the NS SP Blue, KBS Tours or even the NSPro 950 it would have taken several minutes for the pain to leave my hands in each case. Glad I made the switch, elbows and shoulders primarily but the hands thank me too...

Many people overlook NS950 because it's the standard shaft for just about every brand in Japan. I love the NS950, it feels great and has good distance.

I would love a shaft the is like the NS950 with a lower flight yet has the same distance and feel. NS1050 fit's that bill but IMO it doesn't feel as good as the 950.

Chris, Nippon makes a shaft for the North American market the 8950, A little lower torque and a bit lower launch but has the 950 feel just a tad bit stiffer. I liked them,

Endo doesnt do Mizuno's forgings, do they? I recall seeing a Youtube video from Mizuno where they claimed that the company who does their forging for them makes clubs only for them, in addition to making parts for high-speed rail.