Kasco fairway driver

supo

the KASCO FD-UDEX 12.8* fairway driver.

the sole is stepped , the face is large, the body i right dead smack in between a 3 wood and a small driver at 250 cc , the back of the club is thin like a wedges shape to get the ball into the air easier.

the face is BIG, and its square, not open ,  its all face really, greta shape at address. 

take her out to the range tonight and have a little bash , see how she blows.

Edited by ...

Ijust popped in to my shop to pick upa a nice new putter and iwas struck betweeen theyeyes by this monster of a club, iloved the sight of it immediatly i thought hello hello, heres the answer to my 2 driver scenario.!

the KASCO FD-UDEX 12.5 fairway driver.

the sole is stepped , the face is large, the body i right dead smack in between a 3 wood and a small driver at250 cc , the back of the club is thin like a wedges shape to get the ball into the air easier.

the face is BIG, its all face realy, greta shape at address. the shaft i have no idea its some stock thing. theat i wil remve immediatly id presume.

im excited to hit this i haveNO idea at all about it, but the idea is terrific. just need t osee whats its all about nad how it performs., this might be the answer to those tight little pete dye monstrosities that DONT require a driver at all.

take her out to the range tonight and have a little bash , see how she blows.

Ive been waggling this exact club on many occasionsfor well over a year in various shops around Bangkok! I love the idea, and have wondered if this is the answer to sometimes uncooperative driver..The shaft stiffness has put me off though, even though the stiff version seems a bit more stout than what kasco usually offers, that is megasoft Stiff shafts that are at most Regular. It used to be quite pricey, but lately they have been on sale with very good discounts..Might be time get it on the cheap and put a good shaft in it! Let me know how it is.

yup i dont care aboutheshaft in it i mjut curious to see hw it loks at the range if tis good the nthe crzy 80 going straight into it.

let u know toomorrow,

Sorry Stew, it is Frickin ugly!!

Your crazy is not going to be happy in that.....

Pete

well hit it i took it to nakajimas shop pulled the shaft put a FEX 75xs in it.

was drilling balls off tees , off the deck, with monotonous regularity draws of about 250 yards.

which is pretty tasty on that range with the balls we use.

its super pingy i mean rediculously pingy, plays 43.5 inch at d2.5

ill say its super easy to hit. and i love the w ay it sets up square face . hitting great shots with it.

im going to game it this sat iwas that happy with it tonight.

sounds horrible, looks horrible

BUT

me likey...!

Edited by supo67

Reminds me ofthe baldo driving wood as well. But Chris is right why not go for the RC 11.5 driving spoon.

You get the good looks, great feel. She's twice the lady the kasco is but pricey dicey.

Stew is always up to something!

didn t even knw abt the RC one and i wasnt looking for oneo f these it was just "thee" so i got it.

ill tell ya its a good idea. if u like driving the ball like i do its a nice foil. theres a cpl of holes specifiac to thisclub on my course , tight water laden par 4s.

prefect ot hit about 260 ish down the tubes.

and not as high as the 3 wood.

well ee how it goes.

im gonna look at theRC as well now u mantion it.

pretty sure ill kepp this it was terrifico last night its just a what if kinda club.

esp fo those hard to hit holes.

not usre if ill repalce the 3w but can be a driver repalcemtn NO problems

sand in between pebbles inbetween boulders.............,

ad infinitum

Cool stuff and thanks for the info..Will for sure go check one out next time in BKK.

mother

of

gawwd.

250 swinging easy nad soft to get this......., 306from elevated tee to middle of fairway.

yes thats the exact number on the bushnell scope i had my mate check it to verify, wewere both was pleasanty surprised

dead straight, dead straight down the tubes.

split the middle of every fairway hit if form off the tee, and used it n the par 5s to chase the greens.

longer than the 3 woods i have, best decisioin ever taking the quadra 75 xs and putting that into it.

murdered it .absolutey murdered it.

not only is this MY driver repalcement tool its also a 3 wood replacment tool.

its absolutely sensational, sounds hideous, like that nike square thing.

but oh lordy lord , where the ball ends u is just incredible,

im blown away.

its staying maybe for ever.

just goingto get that hideous yellow paint out of it.

• 4 months later...

my search is over, i found this club, he had 2 new ones in his shop and they commanded a small fortune. ouch!

luckily i picked up the club of his wife for a big discount with a lady shaft new will pull the shaft in favor of a

graphite design DI8S or a 9003. ive never been so excited to test a club. was either this or the RC DS.

been postponing this driving spoon experiment for far too long! cant wait to put her to use on saturday.

ooooooooooooooooooooooooh once u get over the sound, and i do mean its

LOUD

u see the face covering the ball, put a top shaft in it and blast the hell outta it.

i thiink u might like it

ooooooooooooooooooooooooh once u get over the sound, and i do mean its

LOUD

u see the face covering the ball, put a top shaft in it and blast the hell outta it.

i thiink u might like it

nothing can possibly be as obnoxious as the epon EMS.

is it exploding tin can loud? dont want to unsettle

the flights in the other holes

nothing can possibly be as obnoxious as the epon EMS.

is it exploding tin can loud? dont want to unsettle

the flights in the other holes

You mean the EMB, C. The EMS is great and nothing like the EMB except two alphabets.

Your right my mistake not the scorpion the BEETLE I mean.

I tried the EMB at a range once, with the original shaft that was weirdly soft even in X-flex. But the sound..I actually think you might hurt your hearing ability if you were to bang balls at a driving range for an hour a couple of times per week, lol

well i got my new toy and let me say wow! a bit on the loud

side but nowhere near as annoying as the beetle. i had to make

do with the 50 gram shaft but i made do until my shaft change today.

it is a revolutionary , game changing club.you dont need to even use a driver.

sooo long and all carry. i say dead long actually, fairway splitter! its not to

shabby either of the tee, its sooo high, a good low piercing high kicking

shaft would be awesome in this one.

if your looking for a club, mini driver this is it, cant compare it to the driving spoons,

this one blows all out of the water. stew had something all along and probably something

hel never let go off, i now fully understand why.

here are pics compared to a yamaha 460rpm. its actually much smaller but much larger

than any fw wood i have owned. check out that fat face. probably as thick as a big mac!!

chomp chomp on the faiways, tight holes have no fear!

get one if you can find one, you guys wont be sorry

post-10550-060776100 1320565381.jpg

post-10550-026993300 1320565433.jpg

post-10550-091866700 1320565442.jpg

post-10550-042443100 1320565454.jpg

• 1 month later...

just a little more on this as a comparison

i put that matrix f7m2 ltd x shaft in another one of these heads destined to live in oz.

head to head with the quadra frie express 75xs last week

the matrix is def lower , stronger. almsot unhittably so and about 90000000 times worse feeling

but

u can NOT hit this hard enough.

never hit anything like it.

its got a spot.

its so strong. the flight is loads lower , distance ithink equal.

the better club by a mile is the quadra shafted one.

its much better feeling has more moveability , and more whip.

for me thats perfect. its still very very hard to make it got left, but the marix is impossible .

they are both superlong carry, i can see the matrix at longy hitting down the 16th- 17th bec hell and high water wont make it go into the surf on the left.

quadra.... much better stick!

just a little more on this as a comparison

i put that matrix f7m2 ltd x shaft in another one of these heads destined to live in oz.

head to head with the quadra frie express 75xs last week

the matrix is def lower , stronger. almsot unhittably so and about 90000000 times worse feeling

but

u can NOT hit this hard enough.

never hit anything like it.

its got a spot.

its so strong. the flight is loads lower , distance ithink equal.

the better club by a mile is the quadra shafted one.

its much better feeling has more moveability , and more whip.

for me thats perfect. its still very very hard to make it got left, but the marix is impossible .

they are both superlong carry, i can see the matrix at longy hitting down the 16th- 17th bec hell and high water wont make it go into the surf on the left.

quadra.... much better stick!

mine is in the usa now. know doubt id be finding more fairways if i used it more often

but the fact that i could not use it as a fairway wood was a deal breaker for me. was relegated

to a one trick pony. on shorter tracks i agree, you dont need a driver at all!