The Official YONEX Ezone Topic!

I figured we need a Yonex post mainley because the tip sizes differ from other JDM brands so it's worth an explain. Along with that we can post pics maybe merge a couple of other topics.

Tip Sizes:

EZONE Type 380 Driver - .350

EZONE Type 420 Driver - .350

EZONE Type 450 Driver - .350

EZONE Type ST Fairway - .350

EZONE Utility - .350

EZONE Forged MB Iron - .355 tapered

EZONE Forged CB Iron - .370 parallel

EZONE Forged PB Iron - .370 parallel

EZONE Forged Wedge - .355 tapered

EZONE Composite Iron - .370 parallel

Interesting that they decided to go that route, the clubs are inserted with a shim at the factory if necessary.

Yonex is to me at least is this years surprise. 6 months before the Japan show not many were expecting a launch as complete and well done from wedge to driver.

2011-06-20_08-28-55.jpg

img_7844.jpg

Above that's the 15* ST Fairway Wood. I really enjoy it's feel and shape and size.

All Yonex products are available head only component style except for the Utility wood.. Not sure why but thats ok.

Speaking of it below's the new UT. It's easy to hit, has mid/high trajectory, felt a little flat at impact but a very safe club that set's up very well.

Yonex-Collage1.jpg

There are 3 types of iron sets. Two which I am happy to say are made at Endo. Both of which I have had the pleasure of hitting and like very very much. Those two models are the Forged CB (smaller head) Forged PB (mid sized).

The Muscle Back's are just trickling out, My set just arrived I'll take some pics for you guys. Zero iron will soon release. I would definitely say check out the Forged CB. It's got an undercut yet doesn't feel clicky. It feels like a hollow soft. I think I'll coin a new term "Srixon Z-UTI 'ish..."

Look Here: (Such a Nice Top Line)

IMG_2064.jpg

View it in the Blog Here:

Banner-Yonexs.jpg

Other than that the new Wedge is Japan Forged and a really solid performer for the decent to better player. I have hit it many times now, spin is better than most, shape is very unique designed by Miyagi-san of MTI formerly the designer for PRGR MTI's and is also famous for his Tour Wedges in Japan.

I still need to spend time with the Muscle Backs and get my hands on the Zero iron. There are also some decent Japan made putters coming as well.

So that's it, a place to come if you have questions about Yonex product. On a side note Yonex told me Ryo was playing the MB's on the PGA a couple of weeks ago. Anyone pay notice to what he has in the bag for the U.S Open? I saw he's sportin the new Yonex caps.

the MBs interest me, although out of pure curiosity.

im eyeing the Utes as they have the perfect shape for me.

just bothered by the comment of dead feel. i know feel is subjective

but i certainly dont like dead. if its a dead comparable feeling which

is similar to the adams hybrids then that is ok:)

that zero iron has been on my mind ever since they were released, the 20* looks

mighty tempting. id like to see a review versus the srixon z-ut in the same loft! thanks

chris

If the "dead feeling" is attributed to the carbon crown, then I would assume the feel is similar to the last year's Nextage FW. Having played those for the better part of a season I would not say the feel is dead, but rather the sound is muted. By comparison I have played the Miura FWs and get a metallic tink when struck where as the Nextage are more of a dull thud. Feel on the other hand is quite clean and you can definitely discern the location of the ball on the face at impact. Again this is assuming the feel is similar to the Nextage fairway woods...

-RIDuffer

thats a very good observation u made there.....................,(about the muted sound)

very very good

ive been strugling with the yonex gear for a cpl of seasons. not bec of the performance, but the 'feel"

ive tried to get my head around what it is thats not "right" or dead as you say.

its not dead its not electric or lively it just muted. the thing i dont like about yonex is the sound.

that nextage driver is an absolute fairway splitter.

idont knw why i kept buying and selling them i had a bout 4 f these ,and always looked for somehthng differnent.

truth is i rarely ever missed a fairway with it, it just wanst long.

it dawned on me thtas just what i need alot of the time. hence my never ending goal to find something shorter and more reliable than a cannon.

the new yonex 380 is my new toy, but i think i like the old er nxtage one better.

im going back to it agn. bec i cant find a replica that plays as well as the nextage.

regardless of that sound which annoys the hell outta me bec. it makes me think ive still got plenty in the tank, when i actually havnt.

result was pretty muc always t he same. down the pipes straight.

I have both the Nextage 420 an the new Ezone 380 both in 9*. Also picked up the Nextage FW last year to replace a set of Miura Precious Edition FW and driver. The Yonex are definitey longer the the Miuras feel is comparable but sound is worlds apart...

Feel and sound is similar between the Yonex although I prefer the 380 to the 420. I like the look of smaller heads and a mental block on trying to close the face on bigger ones. I am dying to find a 9 or 10 degree loft in a sub 180 cc head. In the meantime am looking forward to doing a similar exploration as you with the RC D/S in 11.5*. Am also gonna give the 13* Yonex and 14* RC a whirl as driver replacements for shorter courses...

that 11* works really well.

its very very 3 wood esque in looks.

i like tht i like a big head on the tee.

the 380 yonex and i are going to slpit up agn. its just not hapening

i had to stop using it on sunday and take the 11* out instead.

seriosuly thats not good when i gotta do that on a 420 yard open par 4 .

juts not happeneing.

the 13.5* i stil have without a shaft on it. dont know what ill do with it.

The Yonex ST fairway is a very pretty club. Can't wait to get it. Trouble is it is 6 weeks since I ordered it and I still am not sure when it will arrive!

Please be aware of that when ordering JDM er's.

Pete

PTP, I cannot believe that you have been waiting for 6 weeks for the fairway wood.

I just ordered some tasty JDM stuff (thanks to Rory's win at the US Open) and I am certainly hoping it is not going to take 6 weeks - hopefully more like 6 days!!

Have you been told why it is taking so long?

Also on a related matter, has anyone else had some troubles with the red plate on the Yonex 380 cc driver head getting beat up easily when played off mats at a driving range??? The head that I have shows some major dents on the red V plate after a session at a driving range here in Brisbane. Not visible at address but expected better quality.

The crazy took less than a week for me but I think Pete said it's coming from US?

The Yonex ST fairway is a very pretty club. Can't wait to get it. Trouble is it is 6 weeks since I ordered it and I still am not sure when it will arrive!

Please be aware of that when ordering JDM er's.

Pete

Sorry Pete, The 15* FW are abundant but the 13* isn't should be arriving anytime now Email us if you have any questions or need to make changes.

So the Yonex Forged CB has an undercut like say the B'stone J38 PC? I like the sole grind but am worried about the aggressive leading edge grind on the short irons.

i like the new PB, considering a #3 but worried that it is too narrow and that the

zero iron or srix zut could be the more forgiving option.

So I've had the MB's almost a week now. It's quite different than the prototype at the show. I've been comparing the pics then till now and it seems its now a much more refined design.

Differences:

- Exaggerated Tear Drop now instead of a semi boxy toe

- Trail relief is much smaller and subtle vs the proto had a huge step which took away from sole surface

I could get used to these with graphite shafts. With the NS950 it's pure.

YonexMB.jpg

It's a Very Japanese style muscle back IMO.

C, we need some comparative pics of them alongside the TS 905's and for good measure the 901's (should you have one laying around). Not that the 901's are leaving my bag anytime soon, but would love to see how all three compare with each other.

So I've had the MB's almost a week now. It's quite different than the prototype at the show. I've been comparing the pics then till now and it seems its now a much more refined design.

Differences:

- Exaggerated Tear Drop now instead of a semi boxy toe

- Trail relief is much smaller and subtle vs the proto had a huge step which took away from sole surface

I could get used to these with graphite shafts. With the NS950 it's pure.

YonexMB.jpg

It's a Very Japanese style muscle back IMO.

im kinda dissapointed that they rounded the toe. I loved the boxy toe which is very similar

to the toe of my nanoVs! still a beautiful blade, this and the RC are the most beautiful blades

ive seen so far.

are these forged in endo as well like the rest of the ezone lineup? s20? how would you compare this

to the aftours? these would make a fantastic combo with my nano ryos!

Along with their wedges, i just love the clean simple beautiful design.. i need a better job :)

http://www.golftoimpress.com/yonex-golf-ezone-muscle-backs/

ok i saw the review, they look good. actually great!

may i ask why they chose to use s25c instead of s20c like

the rest of the ezone CB line? they are also apparently

zodia forged why arent these forged

in endo like the other irons?

To answer your first question about S25C instead of S20C, I have no idea.

In regards to Chiba-san of Zodia making the MB, there is a bit of confusion here. My people have seen the MB heads in Kyoei. I'm not all that sure if Zodia is in the business of forging clubs, I was under the impression it's a small grind house.

So where is it forged? who knows. Is Chiba-san grinding each and every one of them... I doubt it. My best guess is he came up with the design and worked with Ryo's requests and taught the staff at a factory like Kyoei how to produce it. Also they are probably not produced at Endo because of demand or they are a limited production. Endo requires all sorts of expenses and mass volume. Min orders are in the millions of dollars.

I like the sharp edged toe look to this PW a lot. Looks like a real scoring club.

these are great looking sticks.

was so bummed we couldnt hit them at the show.

chris i seem to remember the guy saying zodia chiba makes them and they are forged at kyoei. the MBs that i , that all iwas concerned about

• 3 weeks later...

Wanted to post some pics of the Endo Forged CB. I haven't posted anything on the Forged PB iron yet and will do this week.

MB = Better Player

CB = Better Player looking for a good amount of forgiveness

PB = Average Player looking for an Endo Forged forgiving cavity

coll-yon1.jpg

yonex-collage.jpg