Af302 copper straight from the shop

Spoon

well ive had these a yesterday and assembled them just in time for my game today.

the tastiest copper clubs i have seen. ive never owned an epon with a custom finish

this is my first. the cavities look like chocolate! i want to sink my teeth into them.

i specified the heaviest heads they could find, built em up with progressive swing

weight and hardstepped nspro modus 3 with matching 2G red stickies! sick combo

and i had the shafts spined, surprisingly they all align with the tip of the modus logo

at the 6 ocklock postition. thats what the black/silver stickies are for.

4 iron is shafted with nspro 950HT shaft which is the same as my 901 driving iron. i

plan to interchange these two clubs depending on my mood. will take more pics

outdoors where the copper finish should stand out.

IMG_2846.jpg

IMG_2847.jpg

IMG_2848.jpg

IMG_2851.jpg

IMG_2854.jpg

IMG_2855.jpg

Edited by Spoon

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whoa! that is so sexy C.. Pimped 302s!

Let us know how the game went, oh & that's the shaft too i just realized lol.

whoa! that is so sexy C.. Pimped 302s!

Let us know how the game went, oh & that's the shaft too i just realized lol.

these were the modus 3 hardstep experiment i was talking to you about.

hopefully they will be more tight compared to last time. they seem soft

when i waggle it but then again it could be the grips as they are velvety soft

that 2nd pic made me get some chocky ice cream.. yumm

Let us know how it goes C.

Congratulations! Never thought about chocolate but now that you mentioned it, I'm gonna go home and taste it later. Hehe. Those brown and gold ferrules look good with the copper; I can see why you'd want to baby them, dressed to the hilt! Enjoy them and let me know what you think about its performance. ;)

Incredible.

How were able to get the "Epon" ferrules? I asked for those f**kers and was told they don't do them anymore. BULLs**t!

What are those black wraps just under the grip?

Very nice.... good to see they still have some of those ferrules, they go well with the copper-chrome.

Outdoor pics please when done... see some of the flaming.

and don't forget pics of a face view - love the matte face with chrome-copper and so on.

I was thinking my next set may go back to regular nickel-chrome... but very very not so sure now.

Luvverly.

Coops

OMG , they are sexyyyyy..

Congratulations! Never thought about chocolate but now that you mentioned it, I'm gonna go home and taste it later. Hehe. Those brown and gold ferrules look good with the copper; I can see why you'd want to baby them, dressed to the hilt! Enjoy them and let me know what you think about its performance. ;)

frank, well these are just spectacular. No first love or honeymoon

Stage here as I have owned these irons in satin long ago when they first came out, just wasn't good enough to use them.

But after gaming some players cb post injury like the onoff 247 and the yonex nano vs these seem like a walk in the park.

The cavities actually look sig bigger than my smallish yonex irons. Now these seem real easy to hit, larger sweetspot and

Way longer probably 1.5 clubs even though the loft difference is only 1deg.

I attribute these to the well engineered heads and the shafts. I noticed some loss of distance with the yonex due to the higher flight of the nspro 1050, with the modus I was able to get so e of the distance back and gain more. I think I am hitting these as long as my 5o2s which have. Pw loft of 44 vs 46. I guess that the yonex were very good training clubs and have improved my ball striking significantly. I don't think I would have gotten the same results had I jumped straight to these. I owe a lot tl the nano vs but frankly after these they pale in comparison.

I got my clubs bent 1deg flat in all irons and had the lofts as is. So far so good nothing funny with any of the irons. Need get used to the shafts as they play different from the super easy 1050s. The m3s are easily lower launch yet carry more once they hit the apex. Hard stepping was a good idea. Glad I got that right. Just have to get used to the new distance gains. I ain't complaining.

There is some beautiful wear after 1 round and I had an embarrassing moment in the range. I was so focused with my 8 iron after striping it consecutively for some time, I got cocky and tried to do a punch draw and skulled it towards the toe. There must have been some sand on the range ball as there was scoffing on the shiny part of the toe. I can clearly see it. Hahaha, that will forever be a reminder to focus on every shot. Kinda neat.

I kind agree with frank and not baby these clubs, not yet though il use head covers for now and once they get broken in I will play em naked. Not anytime soon though. Love them

@mjr D. I got these brown ferrules from another epon distributor in Taiwan. They are indeed sold out everywhere most especially in the factory. These were leftover ferrules from the copper 208s, they were the only ones to come with brown and gold ferrules.

Very nice looking !

frank, well these are just spectacular. No first love or honeymoon

Stage here as I have owned these irons in satin long ago when they first came out, just wasn't good enough to use them.

But after gaming some players cb post injury like the onoff 247 and the yonex nano vs these seem like a walk in the park.

The cavities actually look sig bigger than my smallish yonex irons. Now these seem real easy to hit, larger sweetspot and

Way longer probably 1.5 clubs even though the loft difference is only 1deg.

I attribute these to the well engineered heads and the shafts. I noticed some loss of distance with the yonex due to the higher flight of the nspro 1050, with the modus I was able to get so e of the distance back and gain more. I think I am hitting these as long as my 5o2s which have. Pw loft of 44 vs 46. I guess that the yonex were very good training clubs and have improved my ball striking significantly. I don't think I would have gotten the same results had I jumped straight to these. I owe a lot tl the nano vs but frankly after these they pale in comparison.

I got my clubs bent 1deg flat in all irons and had the lofts as is. So far so good nothing funny with any of the irons. Need get used to the shafts as they play different from the super easy 1050s. The m3s are easily lower launch yet carry more once they hit the apex. Hard stepping was a good idea. Glad I got that right. Just have to get used to the new distance gains. I ain't complaining.

There is some beautiful wear after 1 round and I had an embarrassing moment in the range. I was so focused with my 8 iron after striping it consecutively for some time, I got cocky and tried to do a punch draw and skulled it towards the toe. There must have been some sand on the range ball as there was scoffing on the shiny part of the toe. I can clearly see it. Hahaha, that will forever be a reminder to focus on every shot. Kinda neat.

I kind agree with frank and not baby these clubs, not yet though il use head covers for now and once they get broken in I will play em naked. Not anytime soon though. Love them

@mjr D. I got these brown ferrules from another epon distributor in Taiwan. They are indeed sold out everywhere most especially in the factory. These were leftover ferrules from the copper 208s, they were the only ones to come with brown and gold ferrules.

Moving from Miura 501s, I also found the Epon 302 to be easier and more forgiving, but definitely hitting higher. Could be the shafts, probably the shafts. Did you find the coppers to be softer than the satins?

I had a similar incident with the SDJ. I was perfectly shaving ball after ball when I was testing it, leaving skin in the grooves and then I shanked one and left some markings at the hosel/heel end. When I cleaned the markings, the hosel/heel marks just wouldn't come off. ;)

Moving from Miura 501s, I also found the Epon 302 to be easier and more forgiving, but definitely hitting higher. Could be the shafts, probably the shafts. Did you find the coppers to be softer than the satins?

I had a similar incident with the SDJ. I was perfectly shaving ball after ball when I was testing it, leaving skin in the grooves and then I shanked one and left some markings at the hosel/heel end. When I cleaned the markings, the hosel/heel marks just wouldn't come off. ;)

well with the finish, teaches you to be more disciplined and hit on the sweetspot haha.

the feel is al dente, crispy is how i like to descrbe it. not hard by any means

but defintely firmer. if i hadnt hit the normal ones i would consider these soft.

well with the finish, teaches you to be more disciplined and hit on the sweetspot haha.

the feel is al dente, crispy is how i like to descrbe it. not hard by any means

but defintely firmer. if i hadnt hit the normal ones i would consider these soft.

First chocolate, now al dente, you're making me hungry. So did you mean that the satins were 'firmer', 'crispier'? So are the coppers softer than the satins, a lot, a little?

First chocolate, now al dente, you're making me hungry. So did you mean that the satins were 'firmer', 'crispier'? So are the coppers softer than the satins, a lot, a little?

you have it the other way around. the stock finish is softer. not by alot. very miniscule

but noticeable to those that have tried both. in short they are still very soft by forged

standards. even softer than the af tours in regular finish.

you have it the other way around. the stock finish is softer. not by alot. very miniscule

but noticeable to those that have tried both. in short they are still very soft by forged

Whoa, let me get this straight, the satin and NiCr finish plays softer than copper? That's a revelation. I'd have bet all my money that the coppers are softer, only question is how much!

ARE YOU READY TO RUMMMMMMMMMMMMMBEEEEEEEEEEEEL!

I WANT TOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

that just might be the winner of the club description for feel award of the yr...........,

'well i was hitting me wedges , the other day , VERY al- dente"

Mjr d won last it yr with his "efforless soaring bombs" description of drivers .

(god ive nicked that one a billion times!)

keep em coming

Okay C, I guess we would have to toss for the Avatar now.

haha i did not even notice yours, no need i will change mine to my favorite single malt to match

the 302s:)

and stew regarding decripts, you have a ton yourself like.

scimitaring wormburners etc etc. i think i will

never forget wormburners, i think you may be the one who described perfectly what stinger means.

I am down to only one Epon in my bag so perhaps it is time for me to change Avatar too and I am in a 'slump' anyway.