Af302 copper straight from the shop

Spoon

haha i did not even notice yours, no need i will change mine to my favorite single malt to match

the 302s:)

C, for all your JDM interests and tastes, you really should go get yourself a bottle of good Karuizawa. Not that off the rack generic or whisky fair stuff; look for 1981, 1975/76, 1967/68 or even the Noh Whisky. They will knock your socks and any Macallans off!

Btw, did you manage to get the latest Ardbegs committee release Alligator? ;)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C, for all your JDM interests and tastes, you really should go get yourself a bottle of good Karuizawa. Not that off the rack generic or whisky fair stuff; look for 1981, 1975/76, 1967/68 or even the Noh Whisky. They will knock your socks and any Macallans off!

Btw, did you manage to get the latest Ardbegs committee release Alligator? ;)

thats no ordinary macallan thats the bespoke 55yr old. 525$ a shot:)

as for the latest ardbegs ( my favorite) i tried the supernova and love it.

no need for the gators yet. might get a bottle though on august.

id really love to try the karuizawas and yamazakis but we dont have access to those

locally. hopefully i can get some in october as im headed to osaka at aorund that time.

thats no ordinary macallan thats the bespoke 55yr old. 525$ a shot:)

as for the latest ardbegs ( my favorite) i tried the supernova and love it.

no need for the gators yet. might get a bottle though on august.

id really love to try the karuizawas and yamazakis but we dont have access to those

locally. hopefully i can get some in october as im headed to osaka at aorund that time.

I know that's not a regulat Mac. I've had expensive scotches, the Black Bowmores, Laphraoig 1974, Glenfaclas family casks and scores of highly rated whiskies from the highlands down to islay but great as they are, the Karuizawa holds its own. Better than the Yamasakis, Hibikis, all manner of Nikkas, even the elusive Kawasakis and Hanyus. Talking about it is making me thirsty. Going to have a drink now, ciao! ;)

that just might be the winner of the club description for feel award of the yr...........,

'well i was hitting me wedges , the other day , VERY al- dente"

Mjr d won last it yr with his "efforless soaring bombs" description of drivers .

(god ive nicked that one a billion times!)

keep em coming

Hahahahah!!

I know that's not a regulat Mac. I've had expensive scotches, the Black Bowmores, Laphraoig 1974, Glenfaclas family casks and scores of highly rated whiskies from the highlands down to islay but great as they are, the Karuizawa holds its own. Better than the Yamasakis, Hibikis, all manner of Nikkas, even the elusive Kawasakis and Hanyus. Talking about it is making me thirsty. Going to have a drink now, ciao! ;)

Damn you truly indeed know your stuff! Not a lot of folks know about the glenfacias.

I need to get my hands on the karuizawa! If I win the shochu cup will get some bottles.

James thanks!

Damn you truly indeed know your stuff! Not a lot of folks know about the glenfacias.

I need to get my hands on the karuizawa! If I win the shochu cup will get some bottles.

James thanks!

Eh, good luck on the cup. Like I said, don't get off-the-rack or stuff bottled for marketing purpose. Here's a few vintages to shoot for -- 1981, 1971, 1975/76, 1967/68 or either of the Noh Whiskies. It's going to be tough to find, some of the vintages only produced 200+ bottles. They are so 'big and chewy' that they are not meant to be drank but eaten. ;)

my gosh the yonex must have been one hell of training club

as i have gained so much yardage with the 302s and they seem like

a breeze to hit, easily gained 2 clubs now with the modus 3 hardstep shaft.

im beginning to think the shaft is softer than i like, i could have gone x straight

up but im more than content with the S. less demanding and i can really sling

the irons.

enjoying the irons so much and hitting the 4 in the range is such a joy i immediately

ordered a 3iron head bent 1* strong. lies are all flat by 1*. i can see that the modus

3 shafts work very very well with these heads. i think the distance gained had something

to do with the shafts. they are lower than the 1050s but still launch pretty high but you

get the soft landing, even on a 4 iron!

the finish is holding up fine but my 7iron has the most wear on the sole due to hitting around

200 balls in the range. the faces are fine, the 9 iron has a sort of look as if mini grenade exploded on

the face. was done when there was some wet sand on the ball when i struck it puro!

i find the headcovers such a snag and a pain to use. im thinking of playing them naked! what do you

guys think?

Er Noooooo keep the headcovers lol.

No need for the headcovers at all (except when travelling/airplane etc) - my copper 301's are fine and have never been hidden beneath my unused set of epon headcovers... i've been surprised at how few dings have shown up - maybe due to thai caddies using trollies rather than the shoulder carrying of old in the UK maybe producing more bag chatter.

They wear really nicely.

No need for the headcovers at all (except when travelling/airplane etc) - my copper 301's are fine and have never been hidden beneath my unused set of epon headcovers... i've been surprised at how few dings have shown up - maybe due to thai caddies using trollies rather than the shoulder carrying of old in the UK maybe producing more bag chatter.

They wear really nicely.

yup i think i will go naked soon, the deepest scratch is always the first. i find the covers cumbersome and annoying.

i have several epon club covers but for the entire set of irons to prevent bag chatter. something like this

QQ4726.jpg

we only use carts and when walking the caddies have trolleys. actually most of my old bag chatter was from driving the golf cart.

...theres one thing for sure, my coppers will deffo be sporting covers!

I only ever went out twice with out covers on my Pings and both my Epon wedges picked chatter up......GUTTED

D

I'll never put covers on mine. Not on the copper 302s, not on any others.

kinda liberating to remove the headcovers. as someone said they are tools and not jewels.

i just snake a towel in the golfcart to prevent chatter. other than that i leave em as is. the soles

and some of the faces have that golden burinished look already like it.

IMG_2878.jpg

IMG_2879.jpg

I do suggest iron covers for people who plan on selling their clubs after a short period of use. I'm always using them for my demo set's and that's why people love the condition of the clubs in the demo sales.

those copper 302's are awesome!

I do suggest iron covers for people who plan on selling their clubs after a short period of use. I'm always using them for my demo set's and that's why people love the condition of the clubs in the demo sales.

those copper 302's are awesome!

Yup 100% agree! Don't plan on selling these though hence naked.

If i were a buyer I'd prefer the set in better condition .

thought id share more pics, they are getting better with age, no more covers , dont mind the

streaks from the wet rag. they are so difficult to take a proper photo of it.

IMG_2903.jpg

4iron

IMG_2898.jpg

8 iron

IMG_2897.jpg

Keep the pics coming! They are stunning!

kinda liberating to remove the headcovers. as someone said they are tools and not jewels.

i just snake a towel in the golfcart to prevent chatter. other than that i leave em as is. the soles

and some of the faces have that golden burinished look already like it.

IMG_2878.jpg

IMG_2879.jpg

Thought I'd post a pic of my much older copper Pro-Is to show a comparo :-)... ok, I can;t figure out the attachment function... not sure why it came out "wide screened" :-)

2011-07-16110632.jpg

Edited by wmclarenf1

Thought I'd post a pic of my much older copper Pro-Is to show a comparo :-)... ok, I can;t figure out the attachment function... not sure why it came out "wide screened" :-)

2011-07-16110632.jpg

Very very nice. Thats how I want mine to look down the road. Mine is still glossy and has the dark glossy

Purplish sheen. Those technity wedges are superb. Surprised your still gaming them.

Btw dint even know you had the coppers are they your main gamers?

Edited by Spoon

You'll love how the purple flames die down with time...

virgin...

IMG_1078.jpg

experienced...

face.jpg

If i get some 302's i was thinking about just satin chrome... 'til I saw these latest pics of yours and the copper-chrome 302's...

You'll love how the purple flames die down with time...

virgin...

IMG_1078.jpg

experienced...

face.jpg

If i get some 302's i was thinking about just satin chrome... 'til I saw these latest pics of yours and the copper-chrome 302's...

Like your analogy, that a why I took out the covers.

Can't wait for the sheen to vanish. In 2o years they will still look good.

Very very nice. Thats how I want mine to look down the road. Mine is still glossy and has the dark glossy

Purplish sheen. Those technity wedges are superb. Surprised your still gaming them.

Btw dint even know you had the coppers are they your main gamers?

I've had them for quite a few years Spoon and they have been my only set as well. In fact, if I recall, on my shores, I was one of the early adopters of Epon. Still playing them as for me, I do not beolive one iron fromt he next, loftg being equal, is going to make too much difference if at all once it is setup for you. We're not talking baby muscle backs to large cavity back now :-) The Technity wedges are great. Feel wise, I do prefer the copper Xx-wedge to the Technity Black wedge. IN fact, I'm trying to find a copper 60* X-wedge. You know of any one selling it? Not fussed abotu condition just that the grooves still have to be decent.

Yup wmc, you are one of the early adopters of Epon!

The technity is still my favorite Epon wedge, even over the 208/210. It's just good feeling and straight forward pure. I think it matches the AF302 better than their current wedge.

Yup wmc, you are one of the early adopters of Epon!

The technity is still my favorite Epon wedge, even over the 208/210. It's just good feeling and straight forward pure. I think it matches the AF302 better than their current wedge.

Last I checked all sold out, you wouldn't have a used pair laying around?

:atsg_logo_anim: