Ping Anser or Epon 302's

1wrx2nv

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help me decide between two sets of irons. Im looking at either getting a set of Epon 302's or a set of Ping Ansers. I know they are a bit different, but both represents what I feel will be a good club to go foward with. Im currently about a 12 handicap, but have only been playing for about two years. I started out with a set of Nike Victory Red Full Cavity backs, and I think im ready to move to more of a players CB compared to a game improvement club. I still need a bit of forgiveness in my clubs, but I want somthing I can really grow into.

I've gone to my local pro shop, where I can hit just about every club. For some reason, I really love the way a set of fourteen TC-510's felt. Very smooth almost buttery feeling on impact. However not much has been said about this particular fourteen club, and the Nipon 950th shafts make the club very light. Comming from a true temper dynamic gold, I think the 30 gram difference in shaft weight will be too much.

So after doing a bunch of reading, it seems that Epon is one of the best at making the soft forged clubs. I really like the way the fourteen felt, and I'm sure I will love the way the Epon feels. Im looking at the Epon 302. I have not had a chance to hit the 302 though, and its pretty damn expensive. Looking at the $1600 range. But everything I've read about this club seems to be epic.

The other club I am looking at is the Ping Anser. At first I hit the club and did not like it. It did not feel super soft like the forged clubs, a little more clicky. But after getting fitted, it was the club I was hitting the straightest. Maybe it was the Project X 5.5 shafts vs. the Nipons, but it had a very nice launch and then a far more "boring" trajectory. The club doesn't feel quite as nice when hit flush. But I have a tendency to fade the ball, and I was getting a really straight ballflight with the Ansers.

I was hoping someone might have anything to say about either club.

Thanks!

I had the anser frigid this time last year gamed them fir 3 months prior to my injury. They are prob the best feel ping irons

Out there but anything jam forged will feel better. The pings were pretty forgiving I enjoyed them very much. Now I am gaming the 302s and they blow the ping in feel, not necessarily performance, that will depend upon you.

Case to case basis, both are very good if you see yourself improving and growing with your new set of irons the 302s would be for you. Don't worry a 12cap , you should be able to handle it, it's not as demanding as most people tout it to be. Have u tried the epon 502s?

I had the anser frigid this time last year gamed them fir 3 months prior to my injury. They are prob the best feel ping irons

Out there but anything jam forged will feel better. The pings were pretty forgiving I enjoyed them very much. Now I am gaming the 302s and they blow the ping in feel, not necessarily performance, that will depend upon you.

Case to case basis, both are very good if you see yourself improving and growing with your new set of irons the 302s would be for you. Don't worry a 12cap , you should be able to handle it, it's not as demanding as most people tout it to be. Have u tried the epon 502s?

I see myself improving a lot in the future That said, I hit my irons really well. I've spent most of my practice time on ball striking. I get a bit inconsistent at times though.

I have never hit the 502's, or any epon for that matter. I read here that the 502's were a little more dead feeling, and lost a little of the feel. If I was going to go for Epons, its definetly for that feeling I got with the Fourteens. I was just really blown away with the fouteens, and everyone says even better things about the Epons. I really loved the feel of the fourteens when I hit a flush shot. I was just all over the trackman in terms of dispersion, possibly because of the light Nipons.

Thanks,

Carl

Edited by 1wrx2nv

The 302s over the Pings. However do yourself a favor and consider the OnOff Forged irons. If you are interested in feel and a forgiving straight flight, these may be your best bet. Cheaper but the stock shaft is a NS950 which could be changed.

C, sounds like a good fit for the 302s with KBS c tapers that ur friend is selling. It's Stiff soft stepped once I think which is equiv to proj 5.5

E

C, sounds like a good fit for the 302s with KBS c tapers that ur friend is selling. It's Stiff soft stepped once I think which is equiv to proj 5.5

E

Yup that would be the approximate

nice! what shaft di you go with?

Different opinion here. I prefer the Ping Anser over the 302's. The Anser are sweeter and softer over the 302's. This is coming from an Epon 301 user. C can attest to what clubs I'm using.

Different opinion here. I prefer the Ping Anser over the 302's. The Anser are sweeter and softer over the 302's. This is coming from an Epon 301 user. C can attest to what clubs I'm using.

really ? thats odd, i had the ansers i had were with the ping awt steel and although they were more forgiving,

found the 302s much softer.

really ? thats odd, i had the ansers i had were with the ping awt steel and although they were more forgiving,

found the 302s much softer.

Different strokes for different folks. If you ask me about Anser versus 301, then I'm all for 301.

Different strokes for different folks. If you ask me about Anser versus 301, then I'm all for 301.

could be my ball striking now also much better than before my injury. i bet the ansers would feel nice now.

as for the 301 vs 302, i honestly cannot tell the diff in feel. you and mgb however have the same opinion on the 301

I went with

Nippon 1150GH Stiff Soft Stepped Once

Can't wait!

Nice choice! Hope it all works out! Keep us posted.

• 2 weeks later...