Wood or epon 901

sandee11

After found the perfect drivers (jbeam 425 tour and epon 152) for me, now is time to search for woods or utility to fit in the gap between 3 wood and 4 iron. Currently I have 13*,14*, 15* 3 wood that I use, also have taylormade 18* 5 wood I use sometimes. So last night when I was at range, I tried a very ugly club (the look of it, for me is one of the most ugly club I have ever hit), epon 901 22*. I really hate the look of it, I mean I don't even want to look it again!! BUT, when I hit it for the 1st time, the ball just fly!! WOW! I was like no fxxking way!!it was the easiest club to hit!! I put the ball in a divot,same result, uphill, downhill, any lie, the ball just fly! BUT I just hate the look of it.

Now I am in dilemma, should I gO for epon 901 or should I go for a new 5 wood? By the way I am hitting my 5 wood over 200M without any problem. Would the epon 901 19* easy to hit as the 22*? I am also considering the RC 304p 5 wood (BST ). For the price of the RC , I could get both epon 901 19 and 22, any suggestion or comment?Thx

well, I love my 19deg 901, with same steel shaft as my irons. It's obviously a big blobby iron compared to my Epon 301’s, but it's not as disturbing to me as a hybrid (!) which is why i chose it over those spawns of the devil.

Before the Epon, i used a Ping HL 2 iron - so, relatively speaking, it's gorgeous!

901_G2HL_2.jpg

Well the 22 is much much easier than the 19

Also think that get what's easier to hit and what suits your

Eye. I use to game the 22 deg but can hit my 4 iron pretty

Even if the 22 goes longer I don't need that yardage. I replaced my 9

With a 20 trc. Couldn't be happier with my decision

Where does a 5 wood fit in??

Between 3 wood and 4 iron?

Depending on the number of wedges you carry or your priority I would say

Its in between 3 wood and your longest iron wether it's a 3/4 iron or hybrid.

Nowadays some peopleopt to carry a hybrid instead of a 5w. More versatile

From a variety of lies