Eca's 2014-2015 Bag

Eca

i love that thing...but i could possibly be persuaded into letting you get that ryoma back...that is if i can get it back from my partner! i brought it to the range for a scramble on sat but decided to play the 435. he asked if he could hit it, then asked if he could play it for the day, then asked if he could take it home...and is now asking how much i want for it! it really is top of the top!!!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lol M, doubt you'll get it back. I have to save quite a bit but 1st I'm trying the modus on the s3s

Which is on its way from another member here. After that it will Have to be a driver shopping but I have to be patient :)

You should have pick up Stew Srixon Pro 100 Cheap and gets the job done.

Trust me, once you play em baby blades, there is no way you can play chunky irons. Over the weekend I went back to Malaysia and didn't bring my clubs as wasn't expecting I've time for any golf but eventually did find time and borrow my cousin spare set. What a horrifying experience it was..... !!!

Lol Ed.. Too funny! It is a bit of a Shock & I bet

You had more mis**ts.

You should have pick up Stew Srixon Pro 100 Cheap and gets the job done.

Trust me, once you play em baby blades, there is no way you can play chunky irons...

there's nothing chunky about the s3's...even the cb's look pretty good.

e, let me know what you think of the modus. i've now tried the sp blues and the monacos but still keep coming back to the c-tapers.

Will do M, I hope it works out as someone already prebought c tapers & they're still installed in my irons haha- a mate tried it a few times & can't believe the results.

I think you will like the Modus E. I have one set shaft in C Taper and another in Modus and so far Modus hands down on feel. However it will launch slightly higher than C Taper but not ballooning like KBS Tour or PX.

The Modus is a soft butt/ soft tip shaft - completely the opposite of C Taper where it's stiff butt/ tip so gives the impression it plays softer to flex where C Taper many complain play stiffer to flex.

I think you will like the Modus E. I have one set shaft in C Taper and another in Modus and so far Modus hands down on feel. However it will launch slightly higher than C Taper but not ballooning like KBS Tour or PX.

The Modus is a soft butt/ soft tip shaft - completely the opposite of C Taper where it's stiff butt/ tip so gives the impression it plays softer to flex where C Taper many complain play stiffer to flex.

how does distance compare between the two shafts?

how does distance compare between the two shafts?

C-Taper slightly longer with more roll due to more penetrating ball flight, where Modus 3 is shorter with less roll. I like Modus cause C-taper I find it hard to control distance as it just rolls and rolls...... into the wind, C-Taper is best as it just flies through the wind like an arrow!

C-Taper slightly longer with more roll due to more penetrating ball flight, where Modus 3 is shorter with less roll. I like Modus cause C-taper I find it hard to control distance as it just rolls and rolls...... into the wind, C-Taper is best as it just flies through the wind like an arrow!

with the c-taper for me the ball hops once and comes gently back to it's pitch mark (which is exactly what i want) so would it be safe to assume with the modus that i'd get too much spin?

My C taper does that only from #8 irons and above lol. Can't get em to stop on longer irons.... could also be the heads as I shaft those in Epon 502 so those CB just don't like to stop balls...

My Modus 3 I shaft them in my Yururi Flatback raw so I'm able to let it drop n max two hops before it stop. Would say Modus has higher spin but it also falls gently from the sky.

When I hit the R+ c taper vs modus stiff, I had actually an initial high launch with modus but found the overall

Flight stronger more penetrating & more carry. They are on different heads so once I have it installed on the s3 I'd be able to give u a better comparison.

I had no trouble stopping the c taper and found distance control is great in both the babies & s3s

Isn't modus stiff tipped?

Modus is soft butt n tip. Modus stiff will be similar to C Taper SR

Hey Ed, read a good article. Definitely tip stiff & soft butt. This explains why I got a lower overall flight.

"The Nippon Modus 3

Nippon Steel is one of the most successful steel shaft companies on the planet. They dominate the worldwide market for high quality lightweight steel shafts. Until this year, they have never had a player on the PGA Tour. That is because the standard Nippon flex profile is a very stiff butt combined with a soft tip section. That’s a good profile for players who want to hit the ball high. Very good for women, seniors and juniors. Not so hot on Tour.

The new Modus 3 is very different from every other steel shaft that we have measured. It has a very soft butt section and very stiff tip. One anomaly of steel shafts is that a soft butt produces lower ball flight. Counter-intuitive but true.

A second benefit of a soft butt is feel. Lower ball flight with feel? It is a sure bet that no Tour player would ever be fitted for a Modus 3 by matching shaft frequency to swing speed. I spotted the Modus 3 in V.J. Singh’s bag to be sure. What’s up with that? One more example where frequency matching doesn’t work."

-Reason why users think its soft to flex especially using cpm.

"Example Two:  On the other end of the spectrum is the new Modus 3 shaft from Nippon Steel.  On a frequency machine, a stiff Modus 3 will deliver a six iron frequency reading of 300 cycles per minute.  That is off the charts in the other direction – a 2.5 flex value suitable for a lady.  No clubfitter who relies on CPM would recommend that flex for anyone – too soft for a man, too heavy for a lady.  And yet, the Modus 3 has 7 victories on world Tours in just a few months since release.  V.J. Singh has been playing the Modus 3 for a year.  Eight players in the 156 man Byron Nelson field were playing the shaft.  That is unusually fast acceptance from Tour Pros who usually eschew change."

Edited by Eca

Thanks E for correcting me. Somehow I was having the illusion that both the butt and tip was soft?? Maybe because of the smooth feel of the modus...

Yea.. That's what me hooked initially the feel then the flight surprised me even more.

I think the butt softness aside from feel kinda adds to an overall bend at the top & along with the stiff tip, I really like the flight. I hope it works

i wonder how ball flight compares between the modus3 and monaco?

they are cousins i think.

the modus was my favorite shaft, the monaco is currently my favorite shaft

they feel very similar but the monacos have a sort of flighted characteristic

which makes the kickpoints vary accross the shafts. while the modus are

normal.

i think though nothing beats the modus in terms of feel. the S was a bit soft for me

in retrospect have a hardstepped it it would have been perfect!

they are cousins i think.

the modus was my favorite shaft, the monaco is currently my favorite shaft

they feel very similar but the monacos have a sort of flighted characteristic

which makes the kickpoints vary accross the shafts. while the modus are

normal.

i think though nothing beats the modus in terms of feel. the S was a bit soft for me

in retrospect have a hardstepped it it would have been perfect!

i like soft...but did they just feel too soft or was their dispersion all over the place?

i like soft...but did they just feel too soft or was their dispersion all over the place?

thats the thing , i am not sure.

it had a powerful kick and nice boring trajectory. this

was achieved by making it butt soft.

BUT i think they are soft to flex. i think a hardstep s is = to the monaco straight up im currently playing

Hello C! Forgot ur a long time modus user!

Glad that Monaco's are working great. Sounds like an awesome shaft.

I'm slowly getting an appetite again lol.. I'll start with the shaft and see!

E

Hello C! Forgot ur a long time modus user!

Glad that Monaco's are working great. Sounds like an awesome shaft.

I'm slowly getting an appetite again lol.. I'll start with the shaft and see!

E

Glad to know appetite is coming back....must be all the cycling lol

Yea my friend recovering is nearly back to golf... Gonna take his babies out & ryoma/crazy out for a spin next week. One of his buddy left his flightscope with him too so we should have a ball. I have no clue how they work lol.

Yea my friend recovering is nearly back to golf... Gonna take his babies out & ryoma/crazy out for a spin next week. One of his buddy left his flightscope with him too so we should have a ball. I have no clue how they work lol.

awesome thats good E! Il be slowing down in the next few weeks.

good to wind down with a new bag

Good.... hopefully next year I will try to visit and we can have a 1957 BB reunion lol :tsg_smiley_heart: