Endo forged irons

sandee11

I am wondering if there are differences between epon and other brand's iron forged by endo, eg: callaway x forged, proto, Nike forged iron...etc. Are epon iron really that much better than the big name in terms of feel and quality? They all different feel ?

I am wondering if there are differences between epon and other brand's iron forged by endo, eg: callaway x forged, proto, Nike forged iron...etc. Are epon iron really that much better than the big name in terms of feel and quality? They all different feel ?

Differences? ... yes, very much.

They produce others heads to their specs so different feel for sure.

As most said here, feel is very subjective. Not only the materials and method of manufacturing will affect feel but also the design of the iron itself.

For Endo they have many clients who they do forging for and the quality as well as amount of design complication is affected but the budget of the client and what they are willing to pay.

However for Epon there is no such restriction as it is Endo's own private brand.

Some say this makes Epon superior as Endo does not hold back when it comes to quality and design (even when it comes to design - there are different levels of involvement between Endo and the brand but thats another story).

But in the end its all subjective as feel is different for everyone.

• 3 years later...

Than who forges Fourteen? I know they are forged in China and assembed in Japan.

I thought they were Endo forged from the rumor but after playing the FH1000 for few months, I had my doubts. They were solid clubs but feel is not soft like other Endo forged irons.

Edited by JS Golf

• 2 months later...

Definitely Japan forged those. I bought a set with s200 from TSG and did homework on them at the time.

Shot 3 under first game with them!

im getting these back

just not the PW.

ill use a set of wedges instead.

i rem. my first game with these in hokkaido, that feel will never leave me.

they were brillinant. but for the pw...,

Yeah these are nice irons, probably one of the softest feeling that I have.

But.. The offset

I don't care about offset if ball comes out of the middle and goes where I want. Eyes get used to it pretty quick.

A closed driver? That's different!!!

Doc, thats the exact opposite for me, i dont mind a closed driver at all , i seem to hit them better, not worse, but1 just go eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek at off set irons.

ive had THE biggest set of offset blades in the history of the world and never recovered from it.

the rest of this set was very tolerable but the pw was way too much.

still , these are a very much a plaers iron with the softest head u can imagine.

these heads with the off set of prgr idbls wud be a lock down for me

• 4 years later...
1 hour ago, Glim Sin said:

Hmm why some epon irons are forged by Endo and some are japan forged? 

they are all forged by Endo, Epon is Endo's house brand, but Endo has multiple locations so some are forged at Endo Japan and others could be Endo Thailand, etc. 

2011 thread here, haha.

Endo has lost it's Mojo and most of it's golf customers.

Endo Japan no longer forges.  Much of that staff has moved on.

Endo thailand services their golf division.

---

So in a nutshell here is what happened.

- long time ago most quality drivers were forged body and forged faces.

- china comes along and produces cast bodies for cheaper - endo loses customers.  ** The world is still not aware drivers used to have forged bodies,  no one told the industry during the change from forged to cast bodies. **  Ryoma is only forged body FYI.

- then adjustability comes along,  endo stays purist due to 9-12g extra weight near the hosel and does not go along with this trend - more customers move to china.  I agree,  still to this day adjustable hosels are not a good design traight.

- endo japan golf div closes and moves rest to thailand while laying off many staff - some my friends.

- endo's original founder is canned,  son in law to founder of factory.  too much hanky panky.

- epon is now run by people who were not there from the beginning.  they clock in and out.  brand loses soul imo.  they don't remember TSG created their model names and logo and brought them out in 2005/2006.

- China has really stepped up it's game and can match Endo forgings ( almost ).

Now OTA and FuShen are tops as far as size goes.  Tier 2 factories are just surviving.

nice time line...

almost makes me cry they dropped the ball so bad with their last few abominations.....

I used to  speak to them regularly about coming out with player designs,, Mika ( ithink it was )  used to listen and pass on ideas  but the others cudnt give a rats, then they re did the old model names with new a semi twist  on the old and added more offset!??!?!?!?!??!?!!??!??

puke..

I gave up totally on them so sad.

luckily I still have my af tours and they will most prob stay with me for life.