PRGR REP

clevelaand

I received my PRGR Red Eyes Pocket from TSG and immediately took it to the range at my course. The four teaching pros very quickly gathered around and we had a hit-off. What a blast! I am old so was not as fast as the pros since they are all young. The fastest club head speed was 117 mph and the fastest ball speed was 172 mph. It was quite amazing to see how competitive the pros got because none of them wanted to be the slowest, whom we called Pattycake-lol.

One really neat thing was when this one pro, who has a shorter backswing, was hitting an x-flex shaft at about 111 mph. I told him he should try this other driver with a stiff shaft and his club head speed went up to 114 mph. It really opened his eyes. Goes to show you that it is important to match the proper flex for your swing speed.

What a great little gadget and I am looking forward to many more sessions with it.

Thanks TSG,

Doc

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree,

The REP is awesome, I have it with me everyday on the range, I won't hit on the range without it.... Honestly, this thing may wind up saving me 25 grand, I had been planning on buying a Trackman launch monitor for a while that I could have gotten from a pro shop that was going out of business, but the REP gives me all of the basic readings I need AND I can take it with me anywhere which I could never do with a launch monitor that I would have to build an entire room for in my father's house, granted the Trackman gives me a lot more info, but the REP really gives me the basics of what I want and really makes me doubt the need for a launch monitor.... The readings are dead on every single time once you get the placement right, which is really awesome....

I use it more on the range or when I'm out on the course just messing around and practicing than when I'm actually playing a round..... I find that the impact percentage is much better for short irons and wedges than it is for long irons, utes, woods, and drivers, not because the REP is flawed but because you can very easily hit the middle with long clubs and still hit a bad shot for various reasons, also, when working the ball(which is done far more often with woods and long irons) the impact percentage will be less than perfect even if the shot is perfect, the impact on a draw should be the slightest bit towards the toe for the most effective shot because of the more rapidly closing face, not much, but just a tiny bit towards the toe which will not read as absolutely pure contact, the opposite is true for a fade, the slightly open face should result in impact the slightest bit towards the heel, not a large margin, but the optimal contact for a fade should be a tiny bit towards the heel resulting in a less than perfect impact reading....

For me personally I find the REP to be very versatile and I use it to do a few things specifically, first off I can really figure out EXACTLY how fast I'm comfortable swinging, and what really is the optimal SS that yields the best results, I also figure out how that number varies from driver to driver, and I can figure out how efficient each driver is as far as I know how far I'm hitting each of them at what swing speeds and ball speeds.... For example, with the CRZ460 I find I can swing with less aggression and the ball will go further than any other driver I have, the speed that yields the best results is about 112-113, I find the perfect balance of control and distance right around there, I can very easily get the club moving faster, but its not needed which is why I love this driver so much, the fact that its longer than anything else with less effort, now with another driver, say the Jbeam, for me to get the most out of it I need to swing about 114-115 which requires me to go after it a bit, but what's very interesting is how much more difficult it is to get to 115 with the Jbeam than it would be with the CRZ460 even though I don't need to swing that fast with the CRZ, its very simple to get the extra few MPH's with it, whereas with the Jbeam I need to step on it a bit to be where I need to be for the driver to fire on all cylinders. Its also just really nice to know how fast the club is moving and what my ball speeds are every swing, it helps a lot when I'm choosing flexes for certain shafts... Its really just a useful tool to have and I'm really glad I picked it up...

Just a tip for the placement, I have found the best results come when I lay my gap wedge on the ground with the heel of the sole at the ball and place the unit right before the butt end of the grip, also I get better readings when the unit isn't dead even with the ball, but about an inch maybe an inch and a half closer to me than the ball is, it may have to do with my swing plane which is rather in to out, but I have just found that the readings I get are the most consistent when I place it like that.

I received my PRGR Red Eyes Pocket from TSG and immediately took it to the range at my course. The four teaching pros very quickly gathered around and we had a hit-off. What a blast! I am old so was not as fast as the pros since they are all young. The fastest club head speed was 117 mph and the fastest ball speed was 172 mph. It was quite amazing to see how competitive the pros got because none of them wanted to be the slowest, whom we called Pattycake-lol.

One really neat thing was when this one pro, who has a shorter backswing, was hitting an x-flex shaft at about 111 mph. I told him he should try this other driver with a stiff shaft and his club head speed went up to 114 mph. It really opened his eyes. Goes to show you that it is important to match the proper flex for your swing speed.

What a great little gadget and I am looking forward to many more sessions with it.

Thanks TSG,

Doc

this is one gadget i need. its been years since i last checked my swing speed.

will order one asap!

Where do we get these from??

I agree,

The REP is awesome, I have it with me everyday on the range, I won't hit on the range without it.... Honestly, this thing may wind up saving me 25 grand, I had been planning on buying a Trackman launch monitor for a while that I could have gotten from a pro shop that was going out of business, but the REP gives me all of the basic readings I need AND I can take it with me anywhere which I could never do with a launch monitor that I would have to build an entire room for in my father's house, granted the Trackman gives me a lot more info, but the REP really gives me the basics of what I want and really makes me doubt the need for a launch monitor.... The readings are dead on every single time once you get the placement right, which is really awesome....

I use it more on the range or when I'm out on the course just messing around and practicing than when I'm actually playing a round..... I find that the impact percentage is much better for short irons and wedges than it is for long irons, utes, woods, and drivers, not because the REP is flawed but because you can very easily hit the middle with long clubs and still hit a bad shot for various reasons, also, when working the ball(which is done far more often with woods and long irons) the impact percentage will be less than perfect even if the shot is perfect, the impact on a draw should be the slightest bit towards the toe for the most effective shot because of the more rapidly closing face, not much, but just a tiny bit towards the toe which will not read as absolutely pure contact, the opposite is true for a fade, the slightly open face should result in impact the slightest bit towards the heel, not a large margin, but the optimal contact for a fade should be a tiny bit towards the heel resulting in a less than perfect impact reading....

For me personally I find the REP to be very versatile and I use it to do a few things specifically, first off I can really figure out EXACTLY how fast I'm comfortable swinging, and what really is the optimal SS that yields the best results, I also figure out how that number varies from driver to driver, and I can figure out how efficient each driver is as far as I know how far I'm hitting each of them at what swing speeds and ball speeds.... For example, with the CRZ460 I find I can swing with less aggression and the ball will go further than any other driver I have, the speed that yields the best results is about 112-113, I find the perfect balance of control and distance right around there, I can very easily get the club moving faster, but its not needed which is why I love this driver so much, the fact that its longer than anything else with less effort, now with another driver, say the Jbeam, for me to get the most out of it I need to swing about 114-115 which requires me to go after it a bit, but what's very interesting is how much more difficult it is to get to 115 with the Jbeam than it would be with the CRZ460 even though I don't need to swing that fast with the CRZ, its very simple to get the extra few MPH's with it, whereas with the Jbeam I need to step on it a bit to be where I need to be for the driver to fire on all cylinders. Its also just really nice to know how fast the club is moving and what my ball speeds are every swing, it helps a lot when I'm choosing flexes for certain shafts... Its really just a useful tool to have and I'm really glad I picked it up...

Just a tip for the placement, I have found the best results come when I lay my gap wedge on the ground with the heel of the sole at the ball and place the unit right before the butt end of the grip, also I get better readings when the unit isn't dead even with the ball, but about an inch maybe an inch and a half closer to me than the ball is, it may have to do with my swing plane which is rather in to out, but I have just found that the readings I get are the most consistent when I place it like that.

Summed it up pretty well J. It is always in my bag, at the range on the course, and try it will every club I test. Tells me a lot about how that club fits my swing and how well I can hit it.

Will you post to the UK?

I guess that means you've never got anything from us (^_^)

Of course we post to the UK.

We ship worldwide!

Sorry failed Humour!!

Was Tongue in cheek.... Lol

Got mine this week and used it evry day on the course.

Simple to use and boy it shows you that swinging harder aint better

Also dhows that the difference between smooth and going as hard as you can isnt really a massive difference in club head speed.

It has already improved my Driving by a lot

Next project with it is to try the partial swing speed mode

Looks like i am getting one then :-)

It doesnt give you the rpms i presume ?

How accurate is this device?

Same question here. Anyone made a side by side comparison with other measuring device?

It's very accurate, it pretty much is a speed gun/radar like what police use for speeding cars and scouts use for catching pitcher throwing speed in baseball.

My numbers are very close to trackman numbers and most people who have gotten it will tell you its rather CONSISTENT which is the key.

PRGR has been making speed monitor devices for well over a decade and this includes full fledged proprietary launch monitors for their Science Fit system.

Thanks T, looks like this is on the Christmas list :)

How great is this. Had another session with the REP today and increased my club head speed. One of the pros where I hang out suggested I make an effort to turn my shoulders a few more degrees on the backswing. Being 65 years old that is difficult, but I made a significant increase in my turn (about killed me) and my club head speed went form 100-102 to 106-107. And, the ball even went straighter. I tell you, this REP is an amazing gauge to have.

Much appreciated feedback Doc. Also awesome SS! You must be a bomber in your younger days? If u dont mind me asking, height? Build?

Much appreciated feedback Doc. Also awesome SS! You must be a bomber in your younger days? If u dont mind me asking, height? Build?

Ha, I have always hit it a long ways. My height is 6 ft and 210 stocky build. I have been playing for 50 years now and think my swing technique helps generate clubhead speed. I have had a few lessons-like 100s of them. Ha, now if I could only chip as well as I drive.

Thanks for the compliment,

Doc

How great is this. Had another session with the REP today and increased my club head speed. One of the pros where I hang out suggested I make an effort to turn my shoulders a few more degrees on the backswing. Being 65 years old that is difficult, but I made a significant increase in my turn (about killed me) and my club head speed went form 100-102 to 106-107. And, the ball even went straighter. I tell you, this REP is an amazing gauge to have.

Wow you still have the speed, even your 100-102 is more than good.

My dad is your age and we tee it up 2x a week, he used to be around

105mph til about 2years ago now its plummeted o around 90. He just lost the

Speed yet is in the same shape he was. I think the key is he lost flexibility.

Anyway I think this REP will help get him motivated , he hates the gym and any

Form of stretching routine, BUT hel do anything to gain a few more yards.

Thanks doc!

I hated this thing................... initially.

I thought I was swinging a little faster than what this thing was reading.

But like has been said, after making a few adjustments (to my swing) I was

able to bring it up almost 8 mph. Was swinging a little harder than I wanted

to but still the way I should be.

I'm glad I picked one up. Paid for itself in 10 minutes. Going to have a lot of fun

with it.

2 thumbs up :atsg_smilie_prgr:

You guys are driving me crazy with all those comments.... makes me wanna join the bandwagon really badly.

Hmmmm..... :tsg_smiley_crazy:

You guys are driving me crazy with all those comments.... makes me wanna join the bandwagon really badly.

Hmmmm..... :tsg_smiley_crazy:

Get one! I'm just waiting for my order to get shipped. This is going to be a useful gadget for me.

Same boat here.. I think I'll get one