PRGR REP

clevelaand

Holy Molly.. What a gadget!!!

I received mine late afternoon yesterday so it took it to work with me (afternoon shifter). Around 8pm i thought get my driver out of the car and lets give this a whirl at the lunchroom on MPH mode.. 88mph huh? Lets swing a bit faster 90mph..what the? I thought my swing slowed down since giving up the ciggies 8 months ago and pile a bit of weight but this is ridiculous.. wait i'm still hitting fairly short irons on 420Yarders par 4. Quick email to Tario asking if this is right. He said the lighting could be a factor, take it to the range tomorrow.

So Gian11 & I took this new toy and his new Ryoma F3 to the range today. Warmed up with a couple of wedge shots, couple of 7s then set up the unit.

• 100mph 100%
  • 100mph 100%
  • 101mph 100%
  • 103mph (yukky slice) 96%
  • 104mph 100%
  • 104mph 98%
  • 102mph 100%

then another 8-10 averaging 102mph all 100%.. too efficient must be faulty? I pulled Gian's Yamaha with Quad FE 65S 101mph 100%. This cant be right..this thing is telling me i'm really efficient with something for the 1st time in my life lol. I remember Tario mentioning averaging 96%

So i passed to Gian11 who is recovering from ailment and maybe 85-90% back to full health.

• 88mph 94%
  • 86mph 95%
  • 90mph 96%
  • 92mph 93%
  • 92mph 92% (looking forced)

So i said to him, i been meaning to tell you to do this change but we only see each other during competitions as I hate going to driving range (well not anymore).

So i explained the changes to him and he did a few practice swings.. then

• 95mph 96%
  • 96mph 95%
  • 97mph 96%
  • 96 mph 94%
  • 95mph 97%
  • 97mph 96% (swinging freely)

His face looked like he won the lottery.. priceless.. the smile was worth the unit already.

We then proceeded to try the Ryoma F3 along with the Egg and its amazing what this little gadget tells you on the spot!

This gadget is an absolute gem and if you are reading this and don't have one, you are obviously a golf enthusiast. Two words.. get one.

Thank you Tario, TSG and all members who shared their experiences with this product.

One silly question though, my 7i averaged at 85mph @ 88%. My own explanation that 'this is right' the fact that we are dealing with more loft and more spin therefore efficiency won't be as high?

Cheers

E

great stuff! received mine today. i will test it out in the course tom.

what a great little gadget with so much potential!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

E,

Yes that is correct, the efficiency is based on smash factor so irons will rarely create as much smash factor as a driver. The efficiency rating is much more useful for woods than it is irons.

sounds like you are having fun. It is just such a great tool to have.

Its obviously not as advanced as a launch monitor but you can't put a launch monitor in your bag or pocket and take it everywhere you go.

The REP is one of the greatest tools any golf enthusiast or club junkie could have.

C, ur gonna love it!

T, thanks for the explanation & for calming me down last night lol.

1more thing, it was mentioned that being red it could be distracting but it worked the opposite for me. It served like an alignment aid. Is this really legal to use during club comps?

Thanks to E for that great swing tip this morning on the range.

With the help of PRGR REP I found out that for me swinging loosely produces more speed and efficiency.

I always thought that swinging harder should give best distance but I was wrong and without PRGR I probably wouldn't know.

Eca as you have mentioned, an explanation of your long driving distance could be attributed by your 100% efficiency + Ryoma?

He can hit 290 meters at 100+mph swing speed!!

Thanks to E for that great swing tip this morning on the range.

With the help of PRGR REP I found out that for me swinging loosely produces more speed and efficiency.

I always thought that swinging harder should give best distance but I was wrong and without PRGR I probably wouldn't know.

Eca as you have mentioned, an explanation of your long driving distance could be attributed by your 100% efficiency + Ryoma?

He can hit 290 meters at 100+mph swing speed!!

290m is 316 yards !!!

ok I had my first range session with it, did not bring my driver

Just brought a 7 and 6 iron. Did not have much time to dabble

, spent 2mins configuring to mph then used the ss analyzer with ball

Speed. Was around 90 mph on average with the 7 and around 93

With the 6. This thing is soooo fun.

I was kinda scared I would screw up and hit it so behind yeah like 3 feet behind

And smash my new toy to bits, once I got over that I just started fringe away.

Forgot to take note of the ball speed but will take notes Tom specially with the big

Dog!

Friend tried it qt the range and he has a consistent 105mph, we tested him and he was in

Fact 105 with the rep at 99% , he tried to gun it to 106, 107,108 and saw efficiency drop

To 93,92,88 . Loving it so far.

Sound like a great tool. I'm psyched because my local driving range just installed trakmans in each individual bay. Have to pay a monthly fee of about $29 to use it but seems well worth it.

Sound like a great tool. I'm psyched because my local driving range just installed trakmans in each individual bay. Have to pay a monthly fee of about $29 to use it but seems well worth it.

Now that's a range. I would pay for that totally worth it

290m is 316 yards !!!

Yup lush springtime couch fwy so moderate run Par 4 375meters measured thru laser with last 150m slight uphill. Flushed it and had a 3/4 gap wedge85m to green 2nd. That day, the driver is on song though as i did this 4x and the rest were positional drives.

This is where this PRGR REP is starting to show it's worth. Like i said i have lost a couple of mph since Feb but when the adrenalin is pumping in a comp after a decent start then you can really see fireworks if you have a high smash factor. My readings today is explains what baffled me for a while as im 5'3 and my swing looks uninteresting but I can always keep up with the big boys. Like Tario was explaining on the blog my numbers today will more likely match a 115mph at 95-96%.

All i can say is that thank goodness Gian11 was there today to confirm that this unit is in working order and of course he is also with me when those 300yarders happen :)

Edited by Eca

Wow, that is awesome!

I'd still buy the REP though knowing what i know now :)

found this interesting article on the net about the way some of the pga pros practice on their spare time. also interesting to note that the tour averages are not as fast as i initially thought. Remember, most tour professionals will tell you that they rarely swing at over 80%. That means they swing as hard as they can (100%) then back off until they feel like they are swinging at about 80% speed. so like the REP i found out that swinging harder may get you faster speeds but efficieny will drop.

Name Club Club Speed Ball Speed Speed Ratio

Bo Van Pelt Driver 119 177 1.49

Fred Couples 3-Wood 112 163 1.46

Jeff Sluman Driver 116 163 1.41

Justin Leonard 3-Wood 109 153 1.40

Justin Leonard Driver 113 167 1.48

Ted Purdy 7-Iron 88 126 1.43

Vijay Singh 7-Iron 91 127 1.40

2009-Tour-Averages.jpg

Yikes that's fast considering it's around 80% :)

I much rather look at the LPGA's then see how they are achieving good scores haha.

It's true about the 80% especially with the irons for pin hunting.

Yikes that's fast considering it's around 80% :)

I much rather look at the LPGA's then see how they are achieving good scores haha.

It's true about the 80% especially with the irons for pin hunting.

had my first real course session with the rep.

sometimes its better not to know. had one of

the worst rounds of golf in my life:( what a stubborn

guy i am.

i am putting the rep for sale for the sake of my game.

guy i am.

Then don't use it during a round!

It can certainly be distracting. But at the driving range its invaluable.

Its proven to be one of the best training and data tools out there for that price and you're going to sell it just because it distracted you during your round? (^_^)

I just emailed u thinking ur account got hacked lol.

C too soon man.. Never make decisions when ur angry :) sleep on it at least.

I would use it more in a range as well but for a fun round with friends it will surely come out :)

Think about it, you got it for like one day and went to the course with it right away... what did you expect?? Of course you will be checking it and fiddling with it.

Like E said, thats way too fast man!

no i had a full session with it yesterday so today i had no fiddling whatsoever.

i did not take it for my round sorry if i was not clear, i had it at the course range

prior to my round.

the rep is one of the most fantastic toys ive ever used unfortunately such a toy

is not for me. as i said im stubborn. will i sue it again in the range? probably not

Sometimes too much information or data can mess with your head/game

no i had a full session with it yesterday so today i had no fiddling whatsoever.

i did not take it for my round sorry if i was not clear, i had it at the course range

prior to my round.

the rep is one of the most fantastic toys ive ever used unfortunately such a toy

is not for me. as i said im stubborn. will i sue it again in the range? probably not

Ah okay then.

From what you wrote it sounded like you used it on the course during a round which gave you a bad score. (^_^)

It's your choice but you should certainly give it more than a day.

guy i am.

Ah okay then.

From what you wrote it sounded like you used it on the course during a round which gave you a bad score. (^_^)

It's your choice but you should certainly give it more than a day.

bad score? i did not even score Lol. my dad commented , " you know what that little red toy infected your swing"

hogwash of course not, totally my fault,

its like the last song syndrome, left the range with a horrible tempo, i could not pull of one good swing,

timing was off oh well my fault for swinging like he-MAN!

i will probably just give this to my brother for christmas. hope hes not reading this

thread LOL!

bad score? i did not even score Lol. my dad commented , " you know what that little red toy infected your swing"

hogwash of course not, totally my fault,

its like the last song syndrome, left the range with a horrible tempo, i could not pull of one good swing,

timing was off oh well my fault for swinging like he-MAN!

i will probably just give this to my brother for christmas. hope hes not reading this

thread LOL!

Why not, he can surely read this thread, its all positive feedback. and even yours is positive - you said its a fantastic toy, you just let it mess with your head and swing when it supposed to do the opposite.

Definitely give it to him so when you are ready you can try it again. (^_^)

Why not, he can surely read this thread, its all positive feedback. and even yours is positive - you said its a fantastic toy, you just let it mess with your head and swing when it supposed to do the opposite.

Definitely give it to him so when you are ready you can try it again. (^_^)

hes not a member probably a lurker, but hes the one whos been buying all my gear as my Paypal

has been having issues as of late.

i can imagine him opening the box on christmas, PRGR RED EYES wow ive heard of this!!!

wait a min, was that the one i paid for last month ?

Lol

in the course range my dad was so insecure to have his swing speed checked, he reckoned his swing

speed dropped form 100 3 years ago to sub 80. we tested him and he was hitting 90 on average

high 92 and highest efficiency 98% with a 87mph swing speed. He had a very good round and took

my money!

hes not a member probably a lurker, but hes the one whos been buying all my gear as my Paypal

has been having issues as of late.

i can imagine him opening the box on christmas, PRGR RED EYES wow ive heard of this!!!

wait a min, was that the one i paid for last month ?

Lol

in the course range my dad was so insecure to have his swing speed checked, he reckoned his swing

speed dropped form 100 3 years ago to sub 80. we tested him and he was hitting 90 on average

high 92 and highest efficiency 98% with a 87mph swing speed. He had a very good round and took

my money!

haha see it worked for your dad... he got confident!

haha see it worked for your dad... he got confident!

No, he just found a way to get to C's head with the red thing comment.. then took advantage and took his cash :)

Could be just real bad timing for you C, we have had our share of that.. 6 months of it last year as a matter of fact lol.

I say just dont do anything yet.. it will sell in a flash whenever you decide to let it go. This could be your ticket into overcoming your stubborness and find 'the effective/efficient' swing with the help of this gadget :)

It sounds like your timing was off prior to game and speed was down. Not enough time to really adjust, you just muscled it to get up there and absolutely messed up your tempo in the process. Messed driving and spent the whole day cursing and playing recoveries.

My take with this gadget is its there for proper range session where you actually put muscle last in the list and tinker with relaxation and efficient movement so your 80-90% swing is still fast and efficient

Edited by Eca

A launch monitor is simply a tool. It's not the REP that's the problem it's how you relate to that information in your mind. I would say push through it and don't let knowledge be your enemy.

Anything can have an impact on your game psychologically. I've actually had it where I've forgot to put on deodorant and it got in my head. Although that doesn't mean I will stop using it..:)

I guess for some people less info is better. For most people its very supportive to know their actual numbers.