Nippon Modus 3

golfnologist

I am getting a set of miura PP-9003 irons soon. Can anyone advise me whether the Ns pro modus 3 shaft in s flex is most suitable?

kindly share more info about yourself , swing, preferred ball flight etc etc.

overall i love the modus3 and have them currently in my epon irons

kindly share more info about yourself , swing, preferred ball flight etc etc.

overall i love the modus3 and have them currently in my epon irons

Currently I am gaming a Miura MC-102 with Shimada KS-7001 R flex. I find it is too light and have no feel of the head, Swing weigth is D1. I tried a mizuno MP-59 with DG R300 and it feels right with good feel of the head and very good hit. My swing speed for the 6 iron is 75mph. It is not fast but somehow the heavier shaft weight gives me better feel and consistency. I prefer a mid to high ball launch. I heard the Modus 3 plays softer than flex and lighter than R300. I like the design of the PP-9003. It has some similarity to the very popular Honma LB-280. Your advise and comments is appreciated.

Thanks.

Currently I am gaming a Miura MC-102 with Shimada KS-7001 R flex. I find it is too light and have no feel of the head, Swing weigth is D1. I tried a mizuno MP-59 with DG R300 and it feels right with good feel of the head and very good hit. My swing speed for the 6 iron is 75mph. It is not fast but somehow the heavier shaft weight gives me better feel and consistency. I prefer a mid to high ball launch. I heard the Modus 3 plays softer than flex and lighter than R300. I like the design of the PP-9003. It has some similarity to the very popular Honma LB-280. Your advise and comments is appreciated.

Thanks.

It plays softer to flex but is still a s flex. I however think they are stiffer than

R300 and almost bordering the s300. They are about 115 grains trimmed.

I would go with an r flex if you don't have the speed for the s you won't be

Able to maximize the shaft and launch it prperly.

Why not try shimada tour r flex? They are slightly lighter than the r300 although this

Will play slightly heavier and stiffer than a modus 3 r flex. Why not try a modus 3 r flex

And if you find it sof you can always hard step.

It plays softer to flex but is still a s flex. I however think they are stiffer than

R300 and almost bordering the s300. They are about 115 grains trimmed.

I would go with an r flex if you don't have the speed for the s you won't be

Able to maximize the shaft and launch it prperly.

Why not try shimada tour r flex? They are slightly lighter than the r300 although this

Will play slightly heavier and stiffer than a modus 3 r flex. Why not try a modus 3 r flex

And if you find it sof you can always hard step.

Modus 3 does not seems to have a r flex. I have tried the modus 3 s flex with a different head at a fitting shop and it feels right for me. It does not feel as stiff as the PX 5.0 flighted which I gamed in my previous set of callaway x22 tour. When I compare the modus and the PX, the modus feels much lighter and softer which I like. Only concern is whether it matches the PP-9003 head.

Thanks.

Modus 3 does not seems to have a r flex. I have tried the modus 3 s flex with a different head at a fitting shop and it feels right for me. It does not feel as stiff as the PX 5.0 flighted which I gamed in my previous set of callaway x22 tour. When I compare the modus and the PX, the modus feels much lighter and softer which I like. Only concern is whether it matches the PP-9003 head.

Thanks.

You are correct no r flex. If you like the feel then I think you should go for it.

You have tested it already, as forit working for the heads, don't know have never

Tried the pp9003

You are correct no r flex. If you like the feel then I think you should go for it.

You have tested it already, as forit working for the heads, don't know have never

Tried the pp9003

Spoon, since you have been playing the Modus3 for some time, how does it compare to the DG/PX/shimadas/Nspro sp? In terms of accurracy/distance/feel/control. Hope you can share some of your experience with the Modus3. Thanks.

I'm also interested to know especially comparing Modus vs Shimadas shaft

Spoon, since you have been playing the Modus3 for some time, how does it compare to the DG/PX/shimadas/Nspro sp? In terms of accurracy/distance/feel/control. Hope you can share some of your experience with the Modus3. Thanks.

Ok il try to summarize this best I can, vs the px and DGs, the modus3

Are higher launch, they are also smoother feeling and have a punchier kick.

When I say punchy mean they are elastic, you can literally feel the shaft kick

Unlike the px and DG which for me feels like a quick snap. For me the Higher ball

Flight was a plus factor although for sone it could be a drawback.

now vs the sp blues these will be higher launching and spin more, the sp blue

Are lower launch and are also higher kick, some may find this more demanding, both

Are smooth but I like the flight aspects of the m3 fits my playing style. Shimada is similarTo

sp blue so same comparison although the shimada plays stiffer to flex.

Ok il try to summarize this best I can, vs the px and DGs, the modus3

Are higher launch, they are also smoother feeling and have a punchier kick.

When I say punchy mean they are elastic, you can literally feel the shaft kick

Unlike the px and DG which for me feels like a quick snap. For me the Higher ball

Flight was a plus factor although for sone it could be a drawback.

now vs the sp blues these will be higher launching and spin more, the sp blue

Are lower launch and are also higher kick, some may find this more demanding, both

Are smooth but I like the flight aspects of the m3 fits my playing style. Shimada is similarTo

sp blue so same comparison although the shimada plays stiffer to flex.

Thanks spoon for your valuable feedback. Today went back to fitting shop and tried the demo club with the modus 3 again. You are right, it has a punchier kick at impact, which really helps to get the ball up in the air.

I love this feel which my shimada can't give me. Because of this, every shot seems to be very solid. I am sold!

Thanks spoon for your valuable feedback. Today went back to fitting shop and tried the demo club with the modus 3 again. You are right, it has a punchier kick at impact, which really helps to get the ball up in the air.

I love this feel which my shimada can't give me. Because of this, every shot seems to be very solid. I am sold!

Youve made the right decision on testing clubs prior to purchasing.

I think ou will like the shaft very much. I Know I do. Do post back some

Feedback and once you've had enough time o play with them.

Youve made the right decision on testing clubs prior to purchasing.

I think ou will like the shaft very much. I Know I do. Do post back some

Feedback and once you've had enough time o play with them.

Sure, I will feedback it's performance after a couple of games. this is what the forum is about. Share information!

• 2 weeks later...

To me the Modus 3 stiff played soft to flex.

• 3 weeks later...

Ordered a set of miura-giken PP-9003 (5-PW) and MB-5000WB wedge in 53* and 60*(special order to miura). I chose the NS PRO Modus 3 in stiff to go with it. It was fitted by Masaru-san of Vivo golf studio in Osaka. Received my order last week and played 2 games with it so far. I am very happy with the performance even it's my first 2 games with it. The modus 3 really feels smooth and launch the ball nicely. The PP-9003 is very forgiving and easy to hit the sweet spot. Best iron set I played so far. The MB-5000WB is awesome, especially the 60*. So easy to get the ball out of the sand. Overall, the swing weight at D2 for 5-P and D3 for the wedges, gives me a very solid feel at impact. Ball just rocket off the club face!

Ordered a set of miura-giken PP-9003 (5-PW) and MB-5000WB wedge in 53* and 60*(special order to miura). I chose the NS PRO Modus 3 in stiff to go with it. It was fitted by Masaru-san of Vivo golf studio in Osaka. Received my order last week and played 2 games with it so far. I am very happy with the performance even it's my first 2 games with it. The modus 3 really feels smooth and launch the ball nicely. The PP-9003 is very forgiving and easy to hit the sweet spot. Best iron set I played so far. The MB-5000WB is awesome, especially the 60*. So easy to get the ball out of the sand. Overall, the swing weight at D2 for 5-P and D3 for the wedges, gives me a very solid feel at impact. Ball just rocket off the club face!

enjoy your clubs, glad the shafts are to your liking.

there have been mixed reviews about the modus 3

i for one am one of the ones that really enjoy the shaft.

nice and smooth, strong flat trajectory. i actually gained some

distance with this shaft.

enjoy your clubs, glad the shafts are to your liking.

there have been mixed reviews about the modus 3

i for one am one of the ones that really enjoy the shaft.

nice and smooth, strong flat trajectory. i actually gained some

distance with this shaft.

Ya, me too gained distance with the modus 3. Hit my 5 irons almost 190m including roll, which is the longest 5 iron I ever hit. Overall, I gained about 10m. I think distance gained due to more solid contact with the ball at impact. somehow, the Modus 3 enables me to feel the club head and generate a stronger and smoother down swing, thus impact the ball better. comparing to my previous set of MC-102 with shimada K7001, it's a world of difference.

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking at the passing point before as well. Even when miura says that its forgiving its rather small right? anyone know what it can be compared to say Epon and Yamaha?

• 2 weeks later...

After 4 rounds with the Modus3, I can report that the strike feels better than the 1150.

I would say it reaches a similar apex to the 1150 but it gets there in a more piercing trajectory where as the 1150 has a tendency to balloon at the apex.

A lot of people have said it plays softer to the flex but the tip is very stiff so compared to the SP blues I have soft stepped and which have a tendency to draw on the short irons... the Modus3 actually has a straighter ball flight for me...

Thanks to Spoon for his feedback. Saved me from ordering an X flex...

It is the best steel iron shafts I've played.

After 4 rounds with the Modus3, I can report that the strike feels better than the 1150.

I would say it reaches a similar apex to the 1150 but it gets there in a more piercing trajectory where as the 1150 has a tendency to balloon at the apex.

A lot of people have said it plays softer to the flex but the tip is very stiff so compared to the SP blues I have soft stepped and which have a tendency to draw on the short irons... the Modus3 actually has a straighter ball flight for me...

Thanks to Spoon for his feedback. Saved me from ordering an X flex...

It is the best steel iron shafts I've played.

Great feed back,these could make the way into my Epons in the New Year!

Wow 190m (208 yds ) is a pretty long shot for a 5 iron.....If u use reg flex, how far do the x flex players hit a 5 iron 220m (241) ?

Edited by robbie

on still days , level shot , i think around 205 +- with the yamaha tours which are 2* strong.

with the miura ism id say 10 yards less

or

if ur gary woodland,

208 up hill into the wind all carry

with a lob wedge !

Edited by supo67

Wow 190m (208 yds ) is a pretty long shot for a 5 iron.....If u use reg flex, how far do the x flex players hit a 5 iron 220m (241) ?

Yes , my ball was at the 200m distance marker and with the 5 irons, the ball rolled and stops on the fringed of the green. I putt close to pin and got a par for that hole.

Yes , my ball was at the 200m distance marker and with the 5 irons, the ball rolled and stops on the fringed of the green. I putt close to pin and got a par for that hole.

Nice going...

As said before the weather plays a big part in just how far the little White globe will fly......

I've noticed over here in the cold... Wet UK I'm down in distance yet playing in the summer I find I can use at least one club less!!

wow u guys are pretty darn long with the irons ! i can carry at most 185m on a warm day and i use 7.2 flex (rifle) currently !

• 2 months later...