Nippon Modus 3

golfnologist

ive been hititnghte modus3 in stiffrecently and im hereto say they are fantsticshafts

i thought id go for tour x , but really these are fine, maybe just a tad too light

butno problem what so ever really.i think id like the tour x in 9-pw but everyting else.

joyous

Stew..

I'm looking at these shafts or may e the PXI 5.5..

I've been told the Modus3 "s flex" plays softer... If I was to soft step the s flex modus3 would that play as a firm?

If anyone knows, you will!

they are pertty easy to play as is, u wont find them stiff i dont think.

i like the modus about a billion times better than the px 6.0 , they were toilet.

they are pertty easy to play as is, u wont find them stiff i dont think.

i like the modus about a billion times better than the px 6.0 , they were toilet.

So if I soft step them, I'd be laughing??

I tried the KBS Stiff, and it was far far to stiff for me!

Spoon, what's your ss with 6i? Also looking at modus3 vs the c-taps...potuna I noticed you chose the c-taps...mind sharing why?

The Modus were too soft in stiff for me, I haven't had any luck with butt soft shafts, either in woods or irons. I just had a set of Yamaha's built with C-taper R+, after one mini range session I really like them. I like the look, feel, spin, flight and distance they provide. The R+ are 5.7 so a true stiff to me. I also have some S that are soft stepped once which are 6.2 straight in and 5.9 soft stepped.

Any idea what the s flex modus3 is on the number scale??

Any idea what the s flex modus3 is on the number scale??

I have never seen any Nippon shaft numbers on the FCM scale.

Folks, here's an excellent article on both the c-tap and modus 3 from a very reputable fitter: http://calgolflab.com/blog/2011/05/31/heavy-steel-shafts-ii-and-byron-nelson-video/

I'm really struggling for which of these 2 shafts to pick...I currently play px 5.5 soft stepped once in ping anser forged irons...finding them to launch too high and spinny...no ballooning per se, but the wind does hold them up and drags my shots down from time to time...88ss with 6i with 173ish carry. I can also feel a strong kick with the px's which aren't supposed to kick too hard right?

Thoughts?

Potuna, what's your 6i ss? I've tried the kbs online fitting and if you keep everything else equal and just change your tempo/transition from moderate to fast, the recommendation goes from reg to reg+ with my numbers...curious as to yours since you went with reg+ and have success with them...

Supo, care to share yours as well? The rest of your toys appear to be quite stout, so I'm shocked the stiff modus isn't causing any spin, flight etc. Issues in your irons...

ARGH I HATE STRUGGLING WITH THIS DECISION!!!!

Edited by siagolf838

• 2 weeks later...

I have Nippon Modus 3's in my Epons AND miuras. I did extensive shaft test - tried DG, Shimadas, KBS. I come from using PX. I hav now been gaming the modus 3's for 14 weeks and am really happy. Great in the wind too. They have a different feel and kick to other shafts. My swing speed is 88mph with a 6 iron. I was right between S and X, so decided to go with S flex but hard step them. the swing weights of my clubs have gone lighter as a result but boy am a having fun.

Am just about to take delivery of Yam V tours and will stick modus X in but soft step them just to see how they go.

Like Stew, great great shafts.

Mine are enroute as we speak!

What a good article

i ahd a little russel round with some c tapers on friday and some kb tour both made for the big boys on tour had some monster ns shafts aswell

my rhoufht was the kbs are really muted feeling and they absorb the feel of ur strike its really different the ns were the exact opposite theywere incredibly alive and tingy u knew immediatly what kinda hit u just on tje ball

the c tapers were really low and piercing and longer than the ns shafted irons flight reminde me a bit if the ns sp blue without the feel

i was hitting the ball dead srraight for the most

these will go well at longy thats for sure

however.....

The tt monacco shafts i think have them all licked in between the low runners like c taper and the height of the ns

tje more j hit these rhe more j like them

ive just ordered my 5 th set and just in stiff

these will go live in oz for certain they actually have a very nice feel not sure waht tt did but they go these deas set right

sure d.clarke agrees as well. !

Edited by supo67

Yams? :tsg_smiley_sun:

No Sir...Onoff's!!

ah, I remember you talking about it - congrats! Look forward to reading about them.

And here we are!

69d930d3.jpg

My Modus3's with the Onoff Heads!!

Been out this evening with my new Bat's, and WOW... The shafts are something else, dare I say another level?

The Heads are super soft, almost Poles apart from the 502's( could be the wrong shaft combo?)

But the Heads and Modus3's .... Awesome, absolutely Awesome!!

Thanks to all who have given there advice/help

D

• 1 month later...